Bad Guy Jim Scharphorn - Bad Guy - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #61
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn View Post

He never sent me those pics in our emails he was to focused on accusing me of the counter sunk holes..
Would it really have mattered? Really?

Quote:
I do not feel sorry for what I did and if it ever happens again it just might turn out the same way.
If it ever happens again, Jim, then that probably means you have a problem.

Quote:
You may post away and ask questions but I can flat out tell you I am not going to read it.
Typical "Bad Guy" Behavior: "La, la, la, la, la. I can't hear you! La, la, la, la, la, la! If I ignore you you will go away.

Quote:
So long story short.
Josh screwed panels to tight and distorted the plastic
Josh tried to get free cages
Josh posted me as the bad guy for his wrong doing.
The next guy that continually blames me for something I did not do will get the same treatment.
You want good customer service I try to provide that but some people you can not please without paying them.
Jim, Josh did not try to get free cages from you, he asked for replacement parts.

The pilot holes should prevent warping. I highly doubt someone will put the screw in (by hand) so tight that it warps the plastic.

The next guy that comes to you with a problem with the cages you are going to ignore him. Got it.

He did not ask for money from you, I am not sure where you keep getting this from. He wanted replacement parts.

You have no business ethics, and I am very glad that your own backtracking and abrupt mind changing kept me from buying animals from you a couple months back. I am also glad I did not seek out your cages when I was looking into them a year ago.

This thread is well deserved and hopefully serves as a warning to others. The whole "I'm right and your wrong thing just because" normally only works against kids who do not know any better. You are a rude, selfish, immature boy that needs to group up and take a basic Business Management 101 Course.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #62
ShadowAceD
By the way, Jim ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureherpbreeder View Post
EMAIL FROM JIM:

Just so you know, I never once called you a liar, you have called me one and my wife one.
Your cages did not ship out of here with counter sunk holes and never will be in the future, that is to delicate of a job and should only be done with a machine so they are straight and sunk the correct depth, the plastic is too thin on the dado edges to do it by hand. ( it can be done but I am not going to do it ) no one has ever complained about it this way and I have been shipping them this way for 4 years now.
My wife can barely put a pilot hole in straight let alone know what a counter sink bit is.
Sorry your one out of a thousand that is too damn picky and is not happy.

Thank you,
Jim Scharphorn

www.predatorbassbaits.com
www.pvccages.com.
Quote:
well my wife puts the pilot holes in the panels, my wife does not know what a counter sink bit is and no I did not just give her one and just tell her drill the hole like this.
So, did she do it or didn't she? Just curious. And if she did and can barely do it ... what kind of confidence can you possibly had that they were put in correct?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #63
JudyC
Just some thoughts for Jim...

Let's just say, for argument's sake that you ARE 100% right...and for whatever reason, Josh just got his jollies by making your life difficult. Is it REALLY worth thousands of dollars in lost business from both repeat and new customers?

If Josh's case is SO rare, as you say...then it's obvious the world is not out to screw you over and you're not going to lose your shirt being courteous and taking a few extra steps to make a customer happy.....and after you finish doing that, then you and your wife can have a good laugh over how some guy can't screw in his own screws.

Would have saved you a TON of emotional stress for both you and your wife....no one would have known about the incident unless it came out as a GOOD GUY report here where Josh tells everyone how you made him happy.....and you would not have lost so much potential business.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #64
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
By the way, Jim ...

So, did she do it or didn't she? Just curious. And if she did and can barely do it ... what kind of confidence can you possibly had that they were put in correct?
To be completely fair, he said she can BARELY get them straight, not that she didn't do them.

He has denied that she put in countersink holes.

*Unless I am missing something.

BTW: I completely agree with Judy, in this case, I would have simply gave the buyer some free panels and screws and called it a day, but I would have had him play for shipping as he has not sufficiently proven that the scratches did not come from him working on the panels.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #65
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Just some thoughts for Jim...

Let's just say, for argument's sake that you ARE 100% right...and for whatever reason, Josh just got his jollies by making your life difficult. Is it REALLY worth thousands of dollars in lost business from both repeat and new customers?
Let's just say, for arguments sake, that Jim is 100% right. Are YOU suggesting a seller should "give in" and provide a buyer, who is trying to scam a seller for more than what he paid for, with what he is demanding, just to prevent the buyer from posting a bogus Bad Guy thread on the BOI?

I am not saying that is what is happening here. I just have a serious issue with this statement.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #66
futureherpbreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
BTW: I completely agree with Judy, in this case, I would have simply gave the buyer some free panels and screws and called it a day, but I would have had him play for shipping as he has not sufficiently proven that the scratches did not come from him working on the panels.
I would have gladly paid for shipping. I was even willing to pay him to send me more panels but he gave me the most ridiculous price quote for them.

They aren't like scratches really, more like they were sitting on something and were pressed into whatever it was, and it was all 4 bottom panels, which is very curious. I noticed the marks before I even assembled the bottom pieces so I hadn't even worked on them yet. Regardless of that, I assembled them on my carpet in my living room and never stacked them, rather stood them on end and leaned them against the wall so it is impossible for it to have happened here. My guess would be his work surface or wherever he stacks these parts (probably in order of assembly with the bottom ones on the bottom of the stack) had something on it which caused this effect.

HOWEVER, please let me note that I told him they are just on the bottom pieces so not that big of a deal. What I really cared about was having unwarped panels and all the parts I paid for. I never wanted free cages and I also told him I would gladly return all of the warped panels for new ones that I was willing to pay to get.

So those that say I could be trying to scam him or doing this simply to make his life difficult, should re-read the emails, I never asked him for anything unreasonable and provided ample proof to Jim of my problems.

Why would I purposely damage panels and then offer to anty up more money for good ones? If I had perfect panels to begin with and would have been returning the ones I allegedly damaged myself, what did I have to gain?

I am an odd kind of scammer, scamming myself then.

Thanks,
Josh Carlson

Old 09-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #67
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post
Let's just say, for arguments sake, that Jim is 100% right. Are YOU suggesting a seller should "give in" and provide a buyer, who is trying to scam a seller for more than what he paid for, with what he is demanding, just to prevent the buyer from posting a bogus Bad Guy thread on the BOI?

I am not saying that is what is happening here. I just have a serious issue with this statement.
Here's the issue that I have with this scenario. You are making it out like someone MUST be scamming someone else in all disagreements of this nature. This is simply not the case. But some people seem hard-wired to point a finger and say SCAM simply because someone doesn't agree with someone else.

If it's OBVIOUS that someone is scamming, then sure...stand your ground and prove your case and it's highly unlikely that you will lose any business over the matter. But in THIS case...NOTHING is obvious except Jim's stubborn hot temper.

The countersink holes are a MYSTERY. Instead of calling Josh a liar...Jim could simply say, "Dude, I'm pretty sure we didn't do those..I have no idea how they got there." and leave it at that. The pilot holes may very well have been crooked, causing the warping of the edges...which is certainly not the customer's fault. But Jim refused to accept even the remote possibility that he might be at fault. Same with the missing parts. Who tries to scam for some screws and covers? Chalk it up as another mystery and keep your customer happy by sending out the missing parts.

All I'm saying is that sometimes a businessman needs to be flexible when dealing with customers and willing to give in on some small things in order to preserve the bigger picture. He's NOT going to lose his shirt on a few missing screws or even a couple of replacement panels that the buyer OFFERED to help compensate for.

It's not scammer vs. victim.....it's stubborn insistence on being "right" vs. maintaining customer satisfaction.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #68
bsharrah
Judy - You stated, in your scenario, that the seller is 100% correct and the buyer is just getting his jollies out of making the seller's life difficult (your stated scenario, not necessarily the situation here). If you prefer to use a word other than "scamming", have at it. Either way, you are implying the seller is risking thousands of dollars in new and repeat business by addressing it as opposed to just make it go away.

If that is not what you meant, then tell us what it is you did mean.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #69
futureherpbreeder
Quote:
Posting a follow up,
I did not read any of the new posts and I am not going to, I have lost enough sleep over this.

I contacted everyone else that I shipped cages to that day and everyone else had the correct amount of screws.
I find that incredibly hard to believe he contacted 1000 people that day, AND got ahold of EVERY one of them, funny because several of them have commented on here and never mentioned it.

Quote:
Can we make a mistake and short some screws sure it happens I am not perfect but to be short as many as he claims is very very doubtful just seems funny everyone else got the correct amount and got panels with no counter sunk holes
Do you really think I have a screw collection I wanted to add to? I see you have plenty of time to reply on here but couldn't take the extra time to throw some screws and caps in the mail at the very least.

Quote:
Also has Josh mentioned how this all started ?
Actually YES Jim I did. Read the post from the beginning.

Quote:
We flat out did not send him panels with counter sunk holes in them so how they got there is on Josh, he is just pulling the wool over your eyes.
I have better things to do then make up a ridiculous claim about some holes that I am GLAD were countersunk and, as I have clarified several times, spend MORE money to get undamaged parts.

Quote:
Also with the distorted plastic my wife told him your probably screwing it down to tight and or crooked, he said I am a dang trim carpenter I know what I am doing well maybe that is the problem, your over qualified for cage assembly because the pics he posted here showing the distorted plastic clearly shows the screws were cranked down to tight.
I was 100% polite with your wife. Over qualified? Seriously? Ya I heard that too, that once you work as a trim carpenter your carpentry skills get worse. Not. How bout I followed your directions to make them flush and your wife screwed the pilots crooked?

Quote:
He never sent me those pics in our emails he was to focused on accusing me of the counter sunk holes.
Actually yes I did.

Quote:
I do not feel I did anything wrong and if josh would have been right I would have made a attempted to make it right but he is wrong and unfortunately the problem got out of hand and I ended the the deal.
Obviously this is not the case as you said you would send the missing parts and then backed out because you got a hot temper. I'm pretty sure no one else on here buys that line either.

Quote:
I do not feel sorry for what I did and if it ever happens again it just might turn out the same way.
Of course you don't, you got docked and fined for your bad mouth, to a moderator nonetheless, and still continued ranting to him and hurling insults, why should I or any other customer be any different? So you are saying if a future customer has a problem: YOU!!!

Quote:
I am not going to kiss anyone's behind just to keep a bad customer from coming here if I feel I am in the right.
I am a bad customer for 100% completing my end of the deal, reporting immediately any problems, and biting my tongue while you verbally attacked me? Mmmmm I think not.

Quote:
You may post away and ask questions but I can flat out tell you I am not going to read it.
That's what you said on your first post:
Quote:
I am not going to keep posting on this thread and am just going to let you fine folks have your fun.
Quote:
So long story short.
Josh screwed panels to tight and distorted the plastic
Josh tried to get free cages
Josh posted me as the bad guy for his wrong doing.
The next guy that continually blames me for something I did not do will get the same treatment.
You want good customer service I try to provide that but some people you can not please without paying them.
In other words, you like to call your customers liars when they have a problem, and if you want good customer service, don't come to you. POINT TAKEN!

Old 09-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #70
futureherpbreeder
Neither Jim nor I had anything to gain from this going south and neither of us are scamming the other, at least that is my opinion. I believe he simply is an extremely unprofessional hot headed person with 0 customer service skills.

None of us are perfect, but usually people who are in the position of seller strive for 100% customer service, not dismiss the problems of one customer because you don't like what they have to say or don't agree with it.

All the time I spent emailing him about the problems I was having because he refused to address them, the bit I had to buy, the screws I had to buy, all the countersink holes I had to drill, and all the warped sites I had to attempt to fix but ultimately live with, the screw covers I will have to buy, are all avoidable or at least salvagable with good customer service.

I don't and never did want free cages, just my problems addressed in a professional manner and the perfect condition cages and parts I paid for.

Sincerely,
Josh Carlson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!