Upstate Exotics - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2003, 09:27 AM   #61
ms_terese
Corey, I don't believe that anyone is trying to "pounce" on people who have good transactions with Upstate. I believe that those who have had bad deals want to make sure that the bad deals aren't pushed to the wayside by a good guy post or two....another reason that having all the threads merged would be infinitely more effective, so that potential buyers could weigh the good and bad posts.

As I said before, anyone bothering to do some research on Upstate with have more than enough information here to form an opinion, and that's as it should be.

Many people here have expressed a hope that Upstate turns their problems around and develops and good reputation. That can't happen without the good guy posts from satisfied customers. As much as Sal & Alison have stated they don't care what is said on the BOI, I doubt very seriously that they haven't privately taken a close look at the negative publicity. They may not have resolved all the issues they should resolve (Tony), but possibly they made changes in subsequent transactions.

I've not bought from Upstate (nor would I at this point), nor have I bought from Jason or Corey or Wes or Darin (but I wouldn't hesitate to)... sheesh, it sounds like I never buy anything... so I'm only commenting on these situations as an outsider.

The cream always rises to the top. If everyone can keep their posts factual and let time take its toll, I believe things will turn out as they should.

Old 07-12-2003, 11:05 AM   #62
Wilomn
Corey,

Man the way these posts overlap can cause some confusion. I had totally missed one of your posts last night, took time to feed and clean. Now I can really understand how you may have thought I was dissing you with my reckoning post. Not intended to you at all.

And once more into the breach, or the snake room anyway, then off to work. I'm such a lucky lucky man.......

Wes Pollock

Old 07-12-2003, 12:22 PM   #63
Living Art Reptiles
Thumbs down Upstate Exotics.

Hi,
it just amazes me how Upstate Exotics and any one affiliated with them suddenly becomes the victim. This is something Alison has mastered quit well. So in all the smoke screens I will bring back a truthfil fact. Joe schmoe, I guess thats exactly what i was and it showed in how they handled my situation. My post is proof positive of this. All facts are shown and stated. Alison please keep publicly lying about my refund. This works well for me due I have all the facts are documented. When you publicly stated a refund was already given to me this was posted on 05/01/03. Visa is well aware this does not match. So come forth with more lies and deception. Lets have today's date attached to it. So with all my other documentation it will definitely not add up.

[quote] Adam Bradly.
Also if anyone feels like trashing me about my comments, do it on someone else's thread. I'm stating my personal experience with Upstate Exotics, no crap just the honest truth.

[quote] Upstae Exotics the victim.
Oh, and you say it's not a big deal...but why post on here then? Did we not remedy the situation? You purchased 2 unsexed NOT cb snakes from us, had a problem with one of them, was credited ASAP.....but you feel you must still come on here and post how HORRIBLE we were....yea real horrible, we never asked for proof, refunded you your money.....sheesh bad, bad people we are.

[quote] Upstate Exotics.
he's not just some Joe Schmoe who has bought something over the interenet.

[Quote Upstate Exotics.
Then he emailed us wanting a refund.
We have already refunded his money.

The only truth to this quote by Upstate Exotics is that I emailed not to mentioned I called them by phone asking for my refund. Again for anyone who has not read my thread and is in denial of Upstate Exotics business ethics, or lack of them. The original issue occurred on 04/06/03. After avoided phone call and emails I asked for a refund 04/19/03. With further avoidance I finally got a hold of Sal by phone 04/22/03. He stated that he would immediately give me a refund. After that point they never answered any emails. I left several phone messages including a fax. They never returned any of my phone calls. On 04/30/03 I came forth publicly. No resolution to date.

I am going to repeat a previous post incase Sal and Alison have lost this important contact information. The better Business Bureau.

Hi Alison,
how are you? It never ceases to amaze me that you so try so hard to appear to be the victim. But I guess you have no conscience and obviously no business ethics. Its like a rapist who always think they are the victim. In this case there is no hear say period only the facts, bottom line.
For the record I want to state again no refund was ever givin to this date. No refund was givin when i came public and posted my dilemma. No refund was given when I called the credit card company and filed a fraudulent complaint on 04/30/03. I could not filed the complaint with them if credit had been given. All emails and fax have been submitted to there debit card operations. Please respond the Better Business Bureau 741 Delaware Ave. Ste. 100, Buffalo, NY 14209-2201. Or call them at (716) 881-5222. The letter I received from them dated 05/30/03 stated you have not responded to the filed complaint. Also the Division of Consumer Services has referred my complaint to NY State Consumer Protection Board. Thank's and have a great day.

(Quotes) Upstate Exotics.
(Quote)
Everyone here goes through and nit picks my site, my pictures,etc....

(Quote) Upstate Exotics.
Although all of you site here and like to say how "bad" we are.....think about it though, 99% of you have never even dealt with me....and the posts on here have all be shown that they were a crock!!! I am not here to "defend" myself anymore as it doesn't matter if show I show the customer was wrong or lying....on this site that is never the case!

(Quote) Upstate Exotics.
Well thanks again, everyone be sure to check out the herpads.net b/c you know it's just another way for us to "rip you off".....and after this post let's see how high we climb on the charts!

(Quote) Upstate Exotics.
4. Our friend with the refund......who received the money well before his thread was started here......I don't even have to go there....but again, b/c we've been "WRONG" so many times before...it doesn't even matter what I say.

Our friend with the refund,,, keep the lies coming. The arrogance,,,, wow!
Thanks so much for your time and have a great day.

Thank you,
Tony.

Old 07-12-2003, 01:27 PM   #64
sputnik
I know who the victem is and he posted just above me!!

Still no refund and still no response to the simple question, why have you (upstate exotics) not refunded Tony?

Easy question, but seems to difficult for upstate to answer.

Old 07-12-2003, 02:37 PM   #65
The BoidSmith
Tony,

What happened with the ball python? Were they able to get in touch with Corey Estill to verify the origin? Did they ever get back to you on that matter? I have noticed Corey has currently more for sale.

Regards.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:29 PM   #66
Living Art Reptiles
Thumbs down Upstate Exotics.

HI Alvaro, how are you?
1) The first of your Questions what happened with the ball python? You mean the male 100% het Yellow Ghost Ball Python with papers? I really don't know.

2) Second Question were they able to get in touche with Corey Estill? They used this person as an excuse for there incompetence. I want to publicly state again that this purchase was between myself Sal And Alison Tornambene of Upstate Exotics, Not Corey Estill. I have talked to Corey about this issue.

3) Third Question did they ever get back with you on this? The answer to this is a definite no! Like I stated before if they put a fraction of the energy that they have put running all over this board trying to promote good guys my situation would and should have been resolved.

4) [quote] Alvaro.
I have noticed Corey has currently more for sale. Yes this is true, but I want to stay as clear as possible with bringing Corey up in this situation. It is just a crutch for these people. Again this purchase really technically has nothing to do with Corey. I was buying from Upstate Exotics period. They advertised the snake on there site. They were selling a 100% het for Yellow Ghost Ball Python with papers. It was only when they verified this fact trough email did I commit to the sale and allowed them access to my debit card information via email.

[quote] Upstate Exotics.
As far as replacing the paperwork, I have made numerous telephone calls to Corey Estill, as this is where the snake is from, and have been unsuccessful in reaching him. I did offer a refund to Tony if he chose not to wait for Corey to get back with us, and his refund was given.

This is a prime example of how they use excuses and blatant lies! The original problem was on 04/06/03 again with my emails being totally avoided not to mention none of my phone messages were being returned. They had thirteen days to fix the issue. There was absolutely no contact from them in those thirteen days. On 04/19/03 I received an email from them after I favored and decided on a refund. One email only full of excuses. On 04/19/03 I asked for the refund I was entitled to. Again with total avoidance on 04/22/03 I just happen to lucky enough to catch Sal, plainly stated I would receive an immediate refund. Then silence on their behalf until 04/30/03 when I came public. Thanks so much for your time and have a great evening.

Thank you,
Tony.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:48 AM   #67
BEAST
Angry sal and allison are not nice people man

well u may think he is nice. bue he owes alot of people money. including me. he is wanted in two states and is not liked by many. i bought a fat tail gecko from him and he shippied it into a bag? what kind of dummy shipps it into a bag. ao it arrived dead. he said he would refund me asap. well IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS and still no money. he ignores emails and ignores calls. so BUYER BEWARE OF SAL THE SLIPPERY SNAKE!!!

Old 08-22-2004, 04:26 PM   #68
BocaReptiles
Let me tell you something!

Let me just clear the air on this one,

First off i would like to say is that i just sent him a full refund.

The gecko was shipped back on 8/4 not 2 months age. I shipped this 14 year old kid a fattail gecko via USPS and yes it was a DOA. Some times stuff like this happens, it was NOT shipped in a plastic bag, it was in a cloth snake bag. Some people just don't know the difference. I think he was under the Impression that air force would land on his front yard and president bush would deliver his gecko to him. This kid just has to much time on his hands and he should listen to his mommy before he gets himself into trouble one of these days. I have all emails saved from this transaction if anyone want's to see including tracking numbers ECT, just email me and i'll be more then happy to send them to you.

Sal
Boca Reptiles

Old 08-22-2004, 04:45 PM   #69
BEAST
Red face well its abOUt time

well it took ya like a month and u FINALLY listened after i said my mom would sue u. I HOPE U WILL PAY BACK ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT U OWE MONEY TOO. AND I DO LISTEN TO MY MOM. well at least u finally heard what i ahd to say. thaks SAL.

Old 08-22-2004, 04:59 PM   #70
BocaReptiles
Go to sleep...LOL

Oh please.... give me a break son, did you really think i was worried about your mommy sueing me for $57? Why don't you go and ask your mommy make you a nice glass of coco and tuck you in for the night. Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep my little beast....LOL

BY the way, just needed to ask you something if i may.... How do you came up with these names "Beast" and the best one is you email "MofiaMan"

Man i feel bad for your mom... she's got her hands full with you, i see

Sal Tornambene
Boca Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!