Gilbert Thompson - Very UNPROFESSIONAL - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:10 PM   #61
Wilomn
Well gilbert, as long as you're not going to keep your word and stay away, would you please answer my questions?

Are you really in law enforcement? Do your superiors know about your racism and hotheadedness?

Waiting oh so expectantly,
Wes Pollock

Old 09-26-2003, 04:16 PM   #62
Gilbert Thompson
I understand Razanne but I cannot just sit back and let a bunch of lies about me unfold. What I said to John was very wrong and immature. I explained why and appologized to the others that were offended. I had a moment of weakness and displayed a terrible character flaw. I simply cannot do anything else. The one thing I can do is correct a lie and be civil. They want me to get upset but I refuse!! I am much more in control with myself today as opposed to a year ago. I am not ashamed of that. I am proud of it. The more they insult the more they look like fools. I should know I have been there and momentarily went there the other day with John. The truth of the matter is this:
I don't know John and should not have said what I did. I don't know that man personally.
Just like every insulter on this board doesn't know me personally. They are jumping on a image of what they think I am am. Either based on what I have said now or in the past. They seem to prefer the past. That is fine with me now because I am a better person now.
I am primarily a collector. I do sale stuff on occassion. My business has never been hurt due to anything on here. Qualtiy animals are Quality animlas. Do yoy think people are concerned with wether or not I have a temper? I am among one of the pickiest people alive, I bet.
A majority of the trash talkers here are selling stuff. They are hurting themselves far worse than I ever could. So they can rock on with their insults. Lets' see where they are 10 years from now. I know where I will be and have already proved I can weather the storm.
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-26-2003, 04:17 PM   #63
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Gilbert,

First off I was a fully sworn Law Enforcement Officer and not an informant. And yes I know there is a difference.

I agree that even a person who lives their life as a Cristian can make mistakes but they admit them and apologize for them and try their best to never let them happen again. This is not what I see you doing on this. If you were sorry about what you said to John you would have applogied and asked his forgiveness but instead you basically decided to blow it off as just your anger like it was no big deal. Also I am not an expert on Christianity by any means but I do know some about it and have seen way to many people use it as a tool for sympathy from others when they are having problems.

The threat I referred to is below. Whether or not you think it is a threat it can be construed as a threat. It just is not directed at anyone in particular this time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilbert Thompson
One day, you are going to run into someonbe unlike me that will not take this laying down.
Someone is going to get hurt or worse all behind this stupid hideing behind the screen and being a jerk.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #64
Gilbert Thompson
Yes Wes, I am and have nothing to hide. I am currently under going anger management classes (started a few months back) and have improved a lot. I realized I had a problem!! I had a slip up the other day but I am recovering.
How about you?
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-26-2003, 04:26 PM   #65
Gilbert Thompson
Rob,
Look back and see where I have appologized numerous times. I beleive you are reading into it what you wanted too.
As far as, that being a threat. Not only does it NOT contian any reasonable suspicion or probable cause of being a threat. Nor would it be coinsidered a threat in any state of the United States. I know! I haven't been out awhile like you.
You are simply seeing what you want to. Read it with an open mind!!
Thanks,
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #66
Wilomn
Just what, exactly, "am" you gilbert? A security guard? A sworn police officer? A crossing guard? What "am" you other that a hothead who speaks without engaging the higher funtioning parts of the brain?

You threw out informant pretty quickly earlier, are you, by chance, wearing a snitch jacket yourself? Is that how you are in law enforcement? Are you a rat?

And how about me? Go and read through my 300+ posts and see how many were written in anger. I do, on occasion, get a little verbose. If it didn't bother me so much to lie, I'd have made a great lawyer. But enough about me, as this is about you.

What "am" you?

Wes Pollock

Old 09-26-2003, 04:36 PM   #67
Darin Chappell
Gilbert,

I am not calling you a liar, but when you made this statement in your last post, "Not only does it NOT contian any reasonable suspicion or probable cause of being a threat ..." I have a really hard time believing that a police officer, sheriff, baliff, parole officer, prison guard, rent-a-cop, or even a long time "Law & Order" viewer would misuse the term "probable cause" like that.

Probable cause has to do with the collection of evidence, search and seizure, and detaining of a suspect in the absence of a warrant. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the validity of a statement or the determination of a supposed level of threat of a statment.

If you are a police officer somewhere, all I can say is, THAT prospect is a bit scary to me. I mean, cops only use the doctrine of probable cause every single day of their careers, after all!!! If you misunderstand it to the point of using it as you did in your argument above, that is really, really frightening!

Old 09-26-2003, 04:44 PM   #68
Gilbert Thompson
Darin,
You are simply wrong and speaking about something that you don't know. The statement in and of its self is for the whole world to see.
The definition of probable cause is any act that a reasonable or prudent person would think is wrong. Not text book but put into lamens terms. In this case the act would be what I wrote for the world to see. I tell you what turn it over to a judge or District Attorney somewhere and see if they will take it or if it meets the critera of ANY type of threat. While your at it check and see what the critera is for Disorderly Conduct Languge. But hey, that's never used on here is it???
Next!!
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-26-2003, 04:49 PM   #69
Wilomn
gilbert, still waiting for you to answer my questions. Is there something else you don't want us to know about you? Are you in law enforcement? Do your, if you are, superiors know about your racism and temper?

Still Waiting,

Wes Pollock

Old 09-26-2003, 04:58 PM   #70
Darin Chappell
Fine, Gilbert. You search through the material at the following site, and SHOW me where it is that the term "probable cause" is used in connection with a satement's validity.

You, Sir, are the one who has no idea about the issue to which he is addressing himself. I am no legal expert in any sense of the term "expert," but as a graduate student in the realm of political science, I know the Constitution and the definitions of the terms of the Fourth Amendment. "Probable Cause" is a doctrine referring to the ability of the police to gain a warrant, or to perform reasonable searches and seizures without a warrant, in the instances where certain circumstances prevail.

Gilbert, if you are going to say that you did not mean to be racially motivated against John, that's one thing. If you are going to say that your bidding on deals with no intention to follow through is no over, that's fine. But please, please do not try to say that you have all of this first hand experience with the law and its basic principles, then use standardized terms in manners completely in appropriate for their actual meanings. It's just ridiculous!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!