Bad Guy Buyers beware of Southern Beardeds - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #61
jellyfishrhythm
Also, another caveat to what I said - - - I'm not in any way suggesting that selection pressures operate by producing genetically inferior babies that will ultimately have to die - - in many cases, the actions controlling population dynamics in a species are external (in the wild, that is - - - predation, weather patterns, etc) - and as I mentioned earlier, those "weak ones", are the ones that get eaten --- but, as in the wild, we as a reptile breeding community haven't perfected any of this artificial recreation. Things happen in the process of development that, because this is a new "science", haven't quite been hashed out. OK, I feel better now. Tangent over. Moving on. HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #62
reptilebaby
Um...Proof? I'd say that what happeneed to the OP is enough proof as to why you don't do it.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #63
Clay Davenport

Warning: The sideline arguing, nor the debate on how to care for baby dragons have any place in this thread. Let's keep it on topic.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #64
Rud3Bwoy
as stated before i see nothing wrong with a 10 gallon tank unless rob did indeed put more than 1 dragon inside a 10 gallon tank which ill never do,tho when i did use a 10 gallon i had a dimmer and constantly monitor my temps just in case,tho i never ran across any issues with any of my dragons,mind you i had mines housed in 10 gallons for a few months much longer than rob,but then again it was a single dragon

Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #65
Jesusonhi
Wow, what a thread! I have dealt with Robert Johnson and have found him to be nothing but kind, courteous, and honest. I believe that he shows integrity in his dealings; at least he has with me, and I surely would conduct business with him again in the future.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #66
furcifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeardie View Post
Thanks Guys and Gals, just got in from the dragon room and saw all these post. Stephanie I'm not sure I'll gain any customers but I value the support of new friends more. He also hit my Trader Ratings twice on the same issue ( I didn't know that was allowed ). I did send a note to Fauna's contact us link on this guy and hopefully they will get back with me soon.
Hopefully this does not turn out too bad for me. But it only takes 1 bad apple to ruin a whole pie. Thanks to all of you !
You gained my wife and I as a customer because of this. My wife found your ad on KS. She had been wanting to get a beardie for our 18 month old son for quite sometime. She found your ad, I looked the ad over and did my homework by checking on the BOI. I saw how you handled yourself, which in my mind was in a very professional manner.

I have been working feverishly on a stand that will hold a 40g breeder and will be able to stand up to the abuse of a 18 month old. My wife is very eager to receive the dragon on Thursday. (I am beginning to think the dragon is more for her than my son.)

As a side note, as soon as the dragon comes, I will take pictures of it and will post them here for everyone to see how it is packed and the the condition of the dragon. Hopefully it will show everyone here that beyond a doubt you are a very professional breeder.

William Shuey

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #67
bekers71
The OP bought a 5 lot of baby dragons, claims they arrived in sub-par condition yet waits 2 WEEKS to tell the seller? I don't get it. If I have an issue I take pics and contact the seller ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeardie View Post
Hide Details
TO: southernbeardeddragons@yahoo.com

Message flagged

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:29 PM

Hey, I just want to know how you want these shipped. They will be frozen to start but I don't want to lose any more money than you've cost me already. I'm thinking a 2 or 3 day UPS package that will smell like the s---t you sent me when it arrives. I will make it a personal goal to let potential customers know the crap you send out and once again, to pay careful attention to your useless terms. I feel badly that you are sending these dragons out with a less than hopeful outlook for survival. Oh yeah, make sure you change your terms to tell people your dragons are started on roaches so they can make the decision ahead of time to take on the responsibility or not.

P---d off buyer who will continue to hammer you on Fauna and eventually Kingsnake.
The 2 bolder statements above have me a bit concerned. If the OP is a breeder as they claim to be, these statements are very unprofessional to say the least. Want shipping ruined for the rest of us, that's one way to do it. And to promise to harass someone, that's a bit scary.

I am surprised to see this thread about Robert as I have dealt with him 2 times with out issues. The first time I bought from him was in Nov 2011. The dragon came perfectly packed, healthy and the communication was above and beyond typical customer service. The second time was in Jan 2012. Again, packing was exceptional as was customer service. The dragon did get a small bit of eye gunk in one eye and when I talked to Robert, he was right there and offered advice and support. A little bit of Terramycin and the eye was just fine. Sometimes these things happen and with proper customer service and willing customers, they can be fixed. Robert still emails me from time to time checking in on the dragons. I even send him updated pics and weights and he responds to my emails every time.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #68
sbeardie
Thanks Becky and William. We appreciate the support !

Robert Johnson

Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #69
Maldesto
Some peope are just out to ruin peoples reputation from the get go, i'm sorry Robert for you having to go through this, its horrible. What it looks like to me and i just glanced through, that he didn't take proper care from the get go. He wanted to blame you to try to ruin your reputation. I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin someones reputation, especially since those beardies look excellent. I would buy one in a heart beat if i was in a situation to purchase.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #70
chadharper
I'll chime in and say that I bought a Sunburst Male bearded from SBeardie over 6 months ago and he was my first online reptile purchase. The seller kept in touch the entire time and the dragon arrived healthy and active. Im happy with him to this day. Thanks again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!