Info Watch out I got screwed BY Corsi Morphs - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #61
reticguy76
left out my spider ball example, basically I would put in there as a disclaimer that spiders are well known to have server head wobbles, etc.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #62
Lucille
Good communication from sellers and disclosures when advertising are important. I wish the seller would have posted here to confirm what was said and what was not said on the phone, and whether there were additional communications we don't know about.
Had the disclosure been made in the ad, what with the buyer's complaint about weather, would we still be here?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #63
reticguy76
My apologies for using examples of what I would do if I did an auction, it was off topic to say what I would do.

Back on the topic, Id love if Corsi would chime in here and give his side

Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #64
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
If you don't know about deserts you ought not to be thinking about breeding them....
I don't agree with this. Most of us know of the issues with the desert gene.
When she talked to him about breeding it, he should have brought up the reproductive issue.
There are too many people still ignoring the problem.
Sure, a buyer should know about the animal they are buying but the seller also has a responsibility to disclose a serious flaw with an animal to potential buyers IMO. The auction should have stated there are problems with breeding these animals and that would have prevented people with thoughts of breeding it from bidding.
When is the BP community going to stop keeping "secrets"? A very large breeder who was instrumental in bringing the morph to the market (Kahl) dumped all of his desert females overseas. That didn't come out until the problem became more widespread. Obviously he (and probably others) new of the issue (the deserts have been around for several years now) but kept it quiet.
Angelo knows of the issues with deserts or he wouldn't have let it go for that price. He had a responsibility to inform potential customers of the issue.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #65
Get Sum
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
Guys and Gals, anyone who does not see a problem with selling Desert females without full disclosure is WRONG. You can spin it any way you want to, but Desert females need a disclosure statement. If you are selling a Kinked Caramel, you need to disclose that, if you are selling a train wreck of a Wobbling Spider, you need to disclose that. If you do not, you are a flat out a lousy seller. If you won an auction for a car and it had a blown engine, and you were not informed, that is bad business ethics...same holds true for selling Desert females.

Dave
Dave, I know you are a stand-up guy , someone I would trust 100% just from the past dealings you have done with a few friends of mine.

I do agree that full disclosure on certain mutations is extremely important to uphold ones reputation as a seller. I do however feel that face book auctions and posted adds at full-market value would be handled differently. Those that hold Auctions are usually attempting to move animals that would normally be hard to sell. I do not know Angelo, nor have I ever done business with him. I still feel that he has done no-wrong (in his face book auction posting) He opened the bid at $300 (a very fair price for a YB Desert Female). However, If the buyer did in fact ask about breeding the animal in the future, He should have disclosed the issues with Desert females at that time.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #66
Focal
I love how this disclosure is such a big issue but it was never brought up to the seller until a BOI thread was posted demanding a refund. How is his lack of disclosure any more signifigant than her lack of disclosure for why she wanted a refund? She did not disclose that she did not want the snake because of the fertility issues. Same thing right? If its me, then it's you, right?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #67
Ed Clark
Some keep bringing up the fact of reproductive issues with the desert gene,if it was so sever why are their many hatchings available every summer.it seems to cross well with others because their are desert cross hatchlings available also.

Their are many issues with BP morphs should every snake carry a warning?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #68
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Some keep bringing up the fact of reproductive issues with the desert gene,if it was so sever why are their many hatchings available every summer.it seems to cross well with others because their are desert cross hatchlings available also.

Their are many issues with BP morphs should every snake carry a warning?
Really.... Called MALES BREED females dont, Thats where ALL desert morphs came from is the male desert is doing the work.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #69
ozz465
Most breeding are from desert male x other morph females, desert females are non breeders as it seems. and yes all defects should be told upon dealing with a potential buyer. if you bought a car and later found out a non visible part was defective would you be mad at the seller? hell yes.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #70
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum
I do agree that full disclosure on certain mutations is extremely important to uphold ones reputation as a seller. I do however feel that face book auctions and posted adds at full-market value would be handled differently. Those that hold Auctions are usually attempting to move animals that would normally be hard to sell.
Am I the only one that's reading the statement in bold as basically stating that the the dollar amount of an animal should dictate the seller's degree of integrity? Be forthcoming about the flawless big-ticket snakes, but leave out key information when dealing with something that's less desireable, hence, less valuable? Very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal
I love how this disclosure is such a big issue but it was never brought up to the seller until a BOI thread was posted demanding a refund. How is his lack of disclosure any more signifigant than her lack of disclosure for why she wanted a refund? She did not disclose that she did not want the snake because of the fertility issues. Same thing right? If its me, then it's you, right?
Again, I think you're ignoring some details. Apparently there was zero contact from the seller between her email on the 6th, and until after she actually posted this thread. Gotta "love" how a BOI thread sometimes tends to get a quicker response.

Anyway, I think her reason for wanting the refund becomes somewhat moot when viewed in light of the apparent (or at least undisputed) fact that he ignored all of her communcations. Does the fact that the seller wasn't even aware of the "buyer's remorse" aspect, somehow make him look better for having ignored her? I think you're focusing on a single tree, at the expense of the entire forest. After having been ignored for a week, I'd have to think that some of us would agree with wanting a refund, on general principle alone.

And there's also this little caveat that some of use seem to feel is a fairly important one: Had he chosen to make mention of their fertility issues in his ad, seeing as she was obviously looking for a breeder, there seems to be a very high likelihood that she never would have made the purchase to begin with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!