Bad Guy Matt Baronak of SaSobek Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #61
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
I've both sent out and received geckos in the past week or so. I'm quite close to Matt so I know the weather on our end has been fine for shipping, not sure about other places but as far as I know it's been fine almost everywhere. Has he shown the people he owes geckos to proof that he still has them? That would have been my first question after he told me I had to wait longer to get them. Matt has had a good reputation and has contributed a lot to the community and it's really hard to believe he would do something like this. I truly hope everyone owed is made whole asap.

We're well below freezing here, but I would at least like a message discussing what animal I will be getting since the one I bought it no longer available or the refund I asked for. Any communication at this point. I've only received the one quick message which did not discuss my purchase at all.

If this was anyone else, people would be throwing a fit. I have only been quiet this long because it's Matt. I just want to see everyone get what they've paid for or to be refunded. I am hoping Matt can come out of this and still be a good part of our little gecko community. What he does now will determine that.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #62
Kristi23
I did hear from Matt this morning and he's working on getting me a refund. Then I will just hold onto my gift certificate and see if there is something I want at a later date. I'm perfectly happy with this resolution and will update when I get refunded.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #63
Lucille
I'm glad you heard from him. That means he appears to be working on reparations, and that is critical to maintaining and/or rebuilding a good reputation.
I'm hoping that as more people get taken care of, they will post here, that will help him now and in the future.
(By the same token if people do not get taken care of it would be good if they said something.)

Old 02-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #64
eclipse3
I got my geckos today and they are healthy and nice. Matt and I looked at options for the replacement if the one that was missing and I chose a lower priced female so he gave me additional credit towards anything he's got coming up. I'm happy with my deal and he is very responsive to messages. Hopefully everyone else is getting their issues resolved as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Old 02-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #65
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
I have not. Only one quick message that didn't have anything to do with an animal. Just a thanks for support. I really wish he would get in touch. I'm a bit upset about vending when people are owed animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyrebyte View Post
Also if he has the funds to vend a show (which isn't necessarily cheap), then he should have money to reimburse his customers or ship them their geckos.
It can cost roughly $600-$1000 to vend an expo, more if you are a bigger business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse3 View Post
I got my geckos today and they are healthy and nice. Matt and I looked at options for the replacement if the one that was missing and I chose a lower priced female so he gave me additional credit towards anything he's got coming up. I'm happy with my deal and he is very responsive to messages. Hopefully everyone else is getting their issues resolved as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
That is excellent news!

Old 02-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #66
Kristi23
I believe Matt said the table had been paid for awhile ago, so that's why he vended. It wasn't a recent expense. I don't know about that show, but some are actually pretty cheap for tables. We have a local show that costs under $50 to vend. I do know some are $500+.

Glad to hear you got your geckos Crystal! That's a good sign that Matt will be making everything right with the people he owes.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #67
Kristi23
Wanted to update that I got a partial refund from Matt a couple weeks ago. Still waiting on the rest.

For others reading that are still waiting on actual geckos, he is listing a lot for sale on his page. Maybe you can try to pick out ones that he can send now. I know there are at least some of you who haven't received animals yet.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #68
Kristi23
Received my final $100 refund from Matt today. I will just skip out on the gift certificate I won, so we are all good now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!