Jamie Kaps - Guarantees, Signature Releases, & The War on Terror. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:00 PM   #61
Chris@TSE
Oh, also..... temps held in some cases in our test scenarios even longer than the "40 hours" specified on the packs. Those things are pretty darn reliable..

We do a great deal of packing, and have even issued packing instuctions on various sites that many breeders and dealers use as their own!

We have never had an issue regarding a packaging problem...... ever. And I am certain that this DOA, if it is even a DOA, had anything to do with packaging whatsoever.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:00 PM   #62
turtlepimp
Chris,it honestly sounds like your pride is messing with you in this situation.I have always taken you as a loudmouth,but never an unfair man.You know better than anyone that if this dupe didn't come at you with threats,you would have reacted differently.But he did,and now you are in a pissing contest over a few possibly dead snakes.You know you are only as good as your name provides.And your name(minus the loudmouth thing) is seemingly in jeopardy.
I have personally found that if you have a problematic customer,get the animals back and issue a refund.Than put them on a blacklist.Sell them nothing ever again.We all get nut jobs from time to time.Ever seen that guy pierced to gills,spike hair,tatooed at a reptile show?Point is,like everything else,some people in the hobby just aren't right.Some kill thier purchases without a clue on husbandry and expect a refund,other just claim it either never showed,or it died in shipping.You can not help it,it is part of the hobby/industry.
Some sales will be blown over circumstances beyond your control,it is a fact of life.My advice?Save your name.Skip the lawyers,get the monkey off your back.Get the GTPs back(dead or alive),give the refund,and remember this guys name.
You may be past all this,but any negative ink can hurt your name.Don't get me wrong,you went above and beyond what most vendors would do to ensure a safe trip,but this one just did not work.

Andy Sury

Old 11-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #63
Chris@TSE
My name is in no jeopardy here, and my actions in this matter have already been taken. I would have gone ever further "above and beyond" for this individual had he spared me the garbage I received this weekend, and I would have overlooked his neglect to adhere to obvious terms that were plastered in his face. His ignorance after the fact, libelous statements, and pathetic guilt trips were enough, but still did not seal this deal. The moment he stated he would seek legal recourse we did what most businesses would do, if expecting a legal scenario the situation is better left to the people you pay to deal with such matters. I denied the claim finally and stated that his decision was fine with me, his future corresondence would be sent to them. 'nuff said.

again, his actions in this matter left me little choice to begin with but I would have probably worked with him. unfortunately his OWN "pride" was the issue here. Not mine. I was more than willing to swallow mine, and have so on numerous occasions.

thanks for your input though!

Old 11-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #64
Chris@TSE
and also, there is no monkey on our back here, as I already stated, this issue was closed and done with. the customer himself also stated this, saying he would "live and learn"

he still found trouble in admitting his fault regarding the failure to comply with terms, he simply could not bring himself to admit it... or even acknowledge it, but it was pretty much finished....

the people here however ignored this and have acted as if this was a claim in progress.

its not. its done. if he wishes to change his mind though and seek the legal recourse he spoke of in his first messages to us, he is more than welcome too.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #65
Greg Riso
Regarding the pics

If the pics provided are from the customer I have to agree they don't appear dead at all. A dead animal does not have that kind of muscle tone since they'd appear limp. When I first saw the pics I didn't realize they were provided by the customer (if in fact they were). I thought you were just showing an example of how you packed them.
If I had a customer located only half an hour away I wouldn't even dream of shipping an animal to them. I think it's a little strange the buyer didn't try and arrange to pick up or meet you to purchase them if they lived that close. I drive half an hour to the airport one way to ship animals every week and don't think twice about it. Did the buyers ever try and aquire the chondros sans shipping?

Old 11-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #66
Chris@TSE
nope, those were the cusomer photos. as i stated, they failed to give us anything that would even help support their claim. I understand its a crummy situation, and I wanted to help, and probably would have upon receipt of the DOA's....

but this customer was simply too darn ignorant, and the moment the lawyer word was dropped, i passed it off..... I frankly did not have the patience to deal with this guy to be honest with you. I tried though. I refused to comment on the sig waiver, refused to acknowledge the terms he agreed too, refused to acknowledge the pre-delivery mail he was force to respond too and the signature waiver notice and suggestion, just all around a pain in the butt. then the comments regarding service, libelous comments that were made and emails from others received through him..... just went about everything the absolute WRONG way. it made it nearly impossible to deal with this matter to satisfaction, and i am only able to bend so far. I apologize if some feel I handled this wrong, but I am very confident that this was handled well and if it is taken further for some reason, if he changes his mind for some reason, im better off allowing our attorneys to do their job. of course he had better of saved the doas if he wishes to seek such recourse..... obvious though...

thanks greg

Old 11-14-2005, 02:25 PM   #67
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Riso
I think it's a little strange the buyer didn't try and arrange to pick up or meet you to purchase them if they lived that close. I drive half an hour to the airport one way to ship animals every week and don't think twice about it. Did the buyers ever try and aquire the chondros sans shipping?
Nope, we would have even delivered.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #68
Chris@TSE
Like i said, i did not even touch on that matter..... if you want my honest opinion i think it was a scam from the start. the animals are probably very much alive, and this person made an open effort to avoid personal contact.

but i give everyone the benifit of doubt, people here however love bashing and THEN considering facts later

I forgive you all ....

well, most of you :P

Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #69
KelliH
The snakes in the photos sent don't appear to be dead. And I would require more proof than that. Like photos of the snakes being held and just limply hanging there, obviously dead... Or even better, the dead bodies of the snakes sent back to me. If those are the only pics the guy sent, well, I can understand why he gets no refund. He has not prooved that the animals are dead! And what's up with him taking pics of the package before it's even opened, who the hell does that anyway??

Old 11-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #70
Chris@TSE
someone knowing they are set out to scam you

this is the stuff i was unable to comment on and still cant.

I hope you guys understand, please continue on this angle, you're on the right path. i wish I could comment!!!!!! DAMN!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!