Movement of thread concerning Dan Quinn- Manhattan Herps - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #61
Junkyard
It is evident that Dan does not want to pay the cash. It is a lot easier to just send some babies, which Dan has decided to do.

Dan, Ryan has already done the work. Now is the time to pay, I am sure that you do not want to send off geckos to someone and not have them pay you for it. In essance that is what you are doing to Ryan. Ryan has given you the "geckos" and you are not paying him.

Do not go the way of bad guys with a lot of excuses, lies, and just wait out the time frame. Do not let your ego get in the way as many bad guys have.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #62
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Herps
i have already offered the 3 jungle giants, calin is one of my favorite geckos, she's not going anywhere
Future hatched ones? Wow. Have you not read anybody's opinions here? Guess you just don't care. All these bad guy threads, I'm not sure this statement doesn't put you in a very core group (on the wrong side of good, ethical, and moral). You are already short changing Ryan on your end of a BUSINESS deal, and it gets shorter (value wise) every day that goes by, and yet your biggest concern is that calin is not going anywhere. Pathetic really. You know what? You don't need a website. It's obvious you have no intentions of producing and selling offspring. Your statement above makes you someone who is more worried about yourself, than how to do things the right way. Proud Christian? I suggest you read the bible again, I believe it has some words on PRIDE.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #63
Storm55
I agree that Ryan needs to be paid immediately. An agreement was made and it is Dan's responsibility to hold up his end of the deal. Ryan should not have to wait until next year to be paid what he is owed now. He spent a lot of time and effort on Dan's website and as of now, he has absolutely nothing to show for it except for a bunch of BS. Dan, please save your name and do what is right. Remember that this is going to be on the BOI permanently, and that it serves as an example of your business ethics to many potential buyers. You may have had a tough season, but that's not Ryan's or anyone elses' fault. You'll bounce back, but first you need to do whatever you can to pay Ryan, even if it means giving up a holdback or two. There's always going to be more seasons down the road, but if you put a black mark on your name now, you won't have much to look forward to. Thanks for reading and please consider what the people here are telling you. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #64
critical bill
One the babies, originally promised to Ryan, was sold by Dan to give his father some money for a car. Whats going to happen if Ryan yet again accepts this offer of 3 future babies and Dans mother needs a new refrigerator or microwave oven? Household items breakdown as easily as cars. My point is...there can always be a situation created to keep from completing the deal. That one situation has already come up..has me thinking in all likelyhood it would happen again. If thats Ryan's thinking, which it seems to be, I would also want payment in cash instead.

$975 seems a very fair price for two websites with a years worth of maintenance and the "then some" in service that Ryan provided. Pay the man, Dan. Ryan doesn't seem such a bad sport that he wouldn't even make a payment arrangement with you. Don't stall because you don't have the money, make an arrangement with what you have...and get the ball rolling.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #65
Chameleon Company
Kind of amazing what some people think of themselves and their reptutations. Lets see .... Calin the gecko? ..... my reptutation ?.... Calin the gecko? ...... my reptutation ...... screw my reputation, "Calin goes nowhere". Maybe when folks come over to ogle your critters, you can say "Here's Calin .... she's worth more than my word !!!" I can see the oglers now " Cool.. neat ... wow, thats one special gecko"! Pathetic.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #66
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Dan,

I notice under your name it says "PROUD Christian"...... are you doing what Jesus would do? I don't think so.... not in any aspect of this entire situation.

Anybody can talk the talk.... what defines who we are is if we walk the walk.

I don't usually post on BOI topics unless they concern me.. But your Christian stance does concern me and my Lord.. When you break mans laws you also break Jesus's laws.. In a verbal agreement that is the same as law and should be followed through with.. Being a Christian is also being CHRIST LIKE!! I am not here to preach to you but I always live by and do things as I think JESUS would want me to do them.. Think to yourself, if the Lord was standing beside me and I said no I will keep this for myself(the gecko, or anything else materialistic) when it is owed to another, then that is a sin.. One of the jobs of being a Christian is to tell others about the word of God and to set examples and to also tell someone if they are doing wrong, so Dan my friend, your doing wrong! If you would lie to talk to me about anything just PM, email or call me God Bless!
-Matt

Old 01-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #67
ShannanD25
Still no resolution?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #68
raiquee
I would really really like to see a resolution to this soon. Dan i had high expectations of you, and i hope you don't rub your name in the dirt like a few people i have seen do. I try my BEST to be the best i am to customers as well as fellow herpers. Without the herpers, this wonderful community wouldn't be here!

Come one dan, be part of this wonderful community with us, we are all good friends on the forums. Lets do what needs to get done!

Your a young boy, don't let your business fail you so early! You have a lot to look forward to. If you don't come right off this situation, I can not see myself buying any of your stock in the future. I can't come to buy from Fauna's "bad guys" You need to pay ryan now.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #69
ShannanD25
I'm starting to get the feeling we all are being ignored , or that this is going to turn into the longest thread ever in the BOI. WOnder if it will top the length of the red gecko one?
sigh...
I had hoped this would be resolved in a mature professional manner as well. Ryan and Dan were friends before this. It is bad enough to loose a friendship over something like this but to be screwed over by someone once a "friend", a herper friend that is....I've seen nothing but maturity from Ryan....haven't seen much from Dan. I hope this gets resolved in an acceptable manner. In this herp business you only have your rep and your animals to make a name for you. And Dan, you were called out for altering your pics, so maybe you don't have the high end spectacular animals your "pictures" showed, and now you aren't doing anything to fix this, so there goes your reputation....you really need to fix this if you want to be successful in the herp world.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #70
Jeremy Letkey
Dan, as of this time you are currently online, browsing the leo forums. Would you care to reply to this thread with your intentions on how you will handle this incident? I don't know if you think that this thread will just go away or what but I assure you it will not. I believe that you should at least let everyone know what your intentions are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!