Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 77 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #381
Fox321
Shipping!

I've been going through the process of being Fed Ex certified.. and will begin UPS right after.

Problem I've run into: Even though I'm getting certified, I'm only allowed to ship to a business address. Has anyone heard of this? Maybe someone can provide a number I can call, or a rep that my rep can talk to. Are there exceptions or is it more of a "dont know, dont tell" kind of thing?

I'd love to be able to ship without worries!

I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone is shipping legally to other residences.

HELP ME! lol.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #382
crotalusadamanteus
Gotta say, I still ain't very impressed. Maybe it's just my proximity to the border or something. Scheduled a pick up, after 4PM last week, come home at lunch, and find a door tag. Had to delivery to the FedEx facility myself, because they were done in this area for the day.

I have 3 scheduled for pickup today, again for after 4pm, double checked it too. I come home at noon for lunch, and I actually have TWO door tags from different drivers. Now why would you send two drivers to the same address to pick up 3 small boxes, all scheduled to go at the same time?

Just got off the phone with them, and after explaining to them that I will NEVER have a package ready before 4pm, and that I ALWAYS schedule them for after 4PM due to working for a living, they are scheduled to return.

Guess I have to start doing screen shots of the form, and printing them up for proof if this continues to be a problem. Like I said, not impressed at all. Might just have to stick with my Delta DASH service, and sorry to my customers if it's a pain in your butt. I tried to make it easier, but FedEx don't want that for me.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #383
MicroZooKits
Exclamation FED EX WAIVER TROUBLE

Ok Guys, I am almost done and have come to the last step, sending in my signature, when my rep calls me and notices a problem.

Section J.) of the Waver States....

J. Company acknowledges that all shipments tendered to FedEx under this Agreement are for Business delivery only. No residential deliveries are allowed under this Agreement.

Has anyone else encountered this problem yet?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #384
MicroZooKits
LOL Fox 321 I just read yours as well

Old 03-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #385
TheFragginDragon
The standard I use for shipping is that if who I am shipping to has filed a DBA with their local government (county, town, etc), then they are legally classified as a business and as such can be shipped to under the rules defined by FedEx. If they have not, then I suggest the recipient of the package take receipt of the package at the nearest FedEx hub. I'm not suggesting that this is the way it has to be done, and I'm sure there are circumstances that may make it problematic (like the hub being clear across town or county), but it's worked for me thus far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver