Concealed Weapons Ban- should it be lifted or no? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:27 AM   #71
brianskibinski
I just wanted to add one small note as someone who lives in WI. The way I see it, the only people carrying guns are criminals who know that most of us don't carry. But wouldn't they think twice about trying to rob me if they though I might be carrying. Just a thought.

Brian Skibinski

It's also worth noting that a permit system would be in place, thus severly reducing the chance of "some lunatic" running around with a gun. A valid permit would be required. And I know that my opinion has been stated numerous times already, jsut thought I'd increase the count.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:57 PM   #72
Ernest
So long that the constitution allows any citizen to bear arms there can be no statal restrictions....If one state felt dIfferently then it shouldn`t have joined the "USA"....Btw randy you should buy some AK-47 Kallashnikovs and see how many criminals or punks can ever set foot at your store or stare at you....It`s time that these lowlifes be buried 6 feet under the ground...

Old 06-13-2004, 04:17 AM   #73
R and J
RIGHT ON MY BRO!!!
Feels good to be legal, hopefully I'll never have to use it, but if it came down to it, I would NOT hesitate. Randy

Old 06-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #74
Missymonkey
So my hubby has applied to several PDs and to the local jails. And just to make me feel better about him having a gun he took me out to shoot one. I must say that I can see how guns are only for people with the training needed to properly and safely use and carry one.

I only hope that whatever is in the future as far as legislation about CCW that those who decide to carry them for whatever purpose that they first get the needed training.

But there are plenty of ignoramouses out there to keep me a little on edge.

Old 06-16-2004, 03:00 PM   #75
A3reptiles.com
I am sure it has already been said, I just didn't feel like reading 20+ pages to find out, but my thing is this: If it becomes illegal to own/carry weapons, then only criminals will have them. I am an active duty Marine and I consider myself very experienced with guns, I will always have them, reguardless of the law. I refuse to become a victim because of piss poor legislation. I have been to Iraq twice and I have seen death, and would not hesitate to bring it on anyone threatening me, my family or my home.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:23 PM   #76
Raindog
Great thread,

A few years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night by a strange noise. My bedroom was on the second story of my home. I grabbed the AR-15 that I used to keep at my bedside and proceeded towards the guest bedroom from where I believed the sound came from. The door was closed because in the winter months in a large home it was much less costly to close the vents and seal the room as opposed to heating it. At this point my heartrate was probably around 5000bpm but I leveled the rifle in my right hand, opened the door and flicked the lightswitch. I advanced on the guy as soon as I caught sight of him. He looked at me for a split second, turned around and dove out the window, landing on the porch roof. I heard him hit the ground when he jumped off the roof. By the time I got downstairs and out in the open he was gone.
The next day I measured the height from the edge of the porch roof to the walk below, twenty two feet. I think perhaps some of his pals helped haul him off because it took only seconds from the time he jumped out the window till I heard him hit the walk or pavement. I lived in that house two more years and never had another problem.

OK, back to the topic. I carry every single day and short of defending my life or the life of my freinds or family no one around me will ever be the wiser. Carrying a concealed weapon is a huge responsibility and if I ever have to use it that means that every available option has expired. This includes trying to talk my way out of a sketchy situation, walking (or running) away.
The breaking point is a weapon in the possession of the aggressor, that is when I will draw a weapon and someone will die.

Here are my current carry favorites...

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...9/DSC01803.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...9/DSC01805.jpg

Old 07-01-2004, 10:37 AM   #77
eric adrignola
You see, you used your AR-15. That's how a weapon is most effective, a deterrant. Gun-control stats defien USE as firing, which is idiotic.

It would be to claim that the ICBM was never used, and therefore useless. When their deterrant value was immeasurable.

Must've been scared to jump some 20 feet...hope he broke something.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:38 PM   #78
gkpstores
You guys want to read a great book? John Lott's "The Bias Against Guns". It makes gun control advocates squirm. My girlfriend interviewed him on her radio program--pitted him against a gun control advocate. He was devastating.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #79
SpindleHead
I have to jump on the bandwagon at this point and say I believe CCW is great. I don't own any pistols although I have shot a few in my time. I would feel much more comfortable knowing that the people who carry LEGALLY are out there. Honest folks need to have the tools to deal with criminals because the police aren't always there when they are needed.

I have some trepidation when it comes to shooting someone were they to break into my house simply because the only gun I have is a .300 Savage and I am afraid I would end up hurting some innocent (neighbor or otherwise) person. That said I still would have to take my chances if my life were in jeopardy.

Great thread!

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!