pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2005, 11:55 PM   #71
Ophis
True

I took a shot at him after the warning, but I couldnt let his personal attack go without a response. I trust wilmn will get more warning points added to his already VERY high 75, if he name calls or snipes again on this thread. I notice his warning points are almost ALL NAME CALLING, and Im suprised he hasn't been banned yet, considering some others point status when banned. Whats good enough for the goose should be good enough for the gander.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #72
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
I took a shot at him after the warning, but I couldnt let his personal attack go without a response. I trust wilmn will get more warning points added to his already VERY high 75, if he name calls or snipes again on this thread. I notice his warning points are almost ALL NAME CALLING, and Im suprised he hasn't been banned yet, considering some others point status when banned. Whats good enough for the goose should be good enough for the gander.
Yes, Wes will be warned if he disregards Rich warning to cut the sniping in this thread.

Yes, he has been suspended before. Generally speaking, we don't outright ban folks. They get suspended and then have to pay a stepped fine to be able post on the site again. I can assure you that Wes is quite familiar with that procedure.

If you guys want to have a pissing match, feel free to start a thread in HELL. So long as neither one of you makes criminal threats towards the other, you're free to verbally tear each others' heads off in that forum without any sort of moderation or admonishment.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:13 AM   #73
Wilomn
Wowee, I haven't had this many knickers in knots in a looooong time.

Boys, check out the banned persons log. I've got the record. 30 of my 75 points were just for getting kicked off. I get NO slack here at all. But I can see where you would think I might.

It's not about belittling. Sometimes you have to look for a reason, OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU WOULD USE, to figure out why people think and do what they think and do.

I have not been in personal contact with pete ever. Why don't one or two of you ask him what he thinks of me.

Here's what I think. He made a mistake. Then he lied about it. Then he tried to .... well, you all know what he did. Just because some of you think he's the bees knees does NOT make it so. He's got a damn long row to hoe.

I don't give a rat's patootie about pete personally. I have neither ill nor any other will towards him. HOWEVER, I do care a little about this business. He was NOT forthcoming intitally and I knew that. So did some others. I think that the information that is out NOW is available because some of us didn't let it go so easily as some others. This is not the first time it's happened on the BOI. I am not as a rule one of the first to smell that fishy smell, but if I do smell it, it's generally genuine.

Like me or don't like me, there are large camps that cater to both varieties of folks. Funny thing is though, that most of those who verbally dislike me are also the ones with bad guy threads. Go figure.

If any of you boys really want to play head on over to TRR. You'll like it bunches, I promise.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #74
Ophis
I hear you man..

No reason to snipe at you. Like you said. Your warning and banning record speaks for itself.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #75
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
I notice old wilmn didn't get any added warning points to his already very high 75! after all, being a long time forum member he knows better than to pick on people because they are newer than him and make fun of peoples screen names. I hope your not playing favorites Ken!
If you need "the word" directly from me, then here it is: CUT THE CRAP!. If you want to discuss what the topic of this thread states, then do so. But the sniping between members will cease or you will find yourself suspended and fined.

Now, was that plain enough?

Old 01-02-2005, 12:54 AM   #76
Ophis
My point exactly

The thread is about how Pete shipped Adam the Sidewinder. Pete admitted he shipped it U.P.S. which took some balls in my book. He has apologized and has a "long roe to hoe". Lets give him some swinging room.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:11 AM   #77
reptilebreeder
Seeing as how I was the first one to notice (at least to post) that Adam was sent a sidewinder, from Pete, I thought maybe I should join back in so people don't think that Wes and DAND are the only ones concerned that laws were broken and then covered up. The ONLY reason that this was exposed was that Adam made the mistake? of mentioning the sidewinder.

From viewing many of the posts made by Pete, I "hypothesized" that either we have someone who is; 1. poaching WC snakes, and 2. shipping them with other than Delta Dash, BOTH ILLEGAL or we have someone who was extremely naive and/or ignorant of the Law (as we know, ignorance is no excuse for breaking any laws). So I posted two posts 1. It's illegal to sell (including trade, barter, etc) native WC snakes and 2. That I hope it was shipped by Delta Dash. This thread is a result of that.

Make no mistake, it is my belief after 30 + years as an avid field herper who still keeps a lifelist, that those two items I've mentioned, poaching and illegal/improper shipping will be contributing factors to the downfall of this hobby I love so much. I realize the biggest impact will be loss of habitat, but I'm speaking Legislatively. I say these things so that maybe it will give a little bit of insight to those of you who have been on this site for 5 days, why some of "us" may seem a little.....okay even a lot "overzealous" and maybe don't realize how many people have been exposed on this great site, and when I say people I mean everything from "just" poor morals, ethics, to shady business practices to out and out frauds, thieves, and lawbreakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Have you informed any law enforcement agencies about this unlawful act??My guess would be no, if you had done so then Pete wouldn't be able to reply to you here and there by taking away the obvious pleasure you get here. Yep you have an opinion but what you are doing comes off as an obsession and rather twisted and yes that is my opinion though you seem to feel you are the only one entitled to have one here.
Even if reported there would be an investigation, they wouldn't just go in and send him to prison in two days, maybe you were being sardonic.......at any rate, there is an "awareness" of the situation, by appropriate people (I think much more so on the other end, ie. Adam, but as the shipper Pete is on the radar)

Quote:
What is it something about __________ till proven guility .
Need I remind you that there was guilt "proven" in this instance?

Additionally, to you and Nicolai, and I was going to say Ophis, but his very ironic 8:16 post puts him in more of a hydrogencricket catagory......so never mind, but there were untruths, up to and including today, that still didn't come out until Wes and a couple others continued asking.
This is the BOI, not a court of law. it's a place where people can post everything from legal court documents to back up their "case" to people just pointing out their opinions, as YOU, and I, are doing.

Quote:
I can see the good in this forum but here we have an example of one of the things wrong with it- people with issues jumping on whoever for reasons known only to themselves.
I don't think anybody is jumping on whoever for unknown reason's, there were very valid reasons for this thread. Maybe illegal and unethical problems don't concern you, that's your perogative. My opinion is they do matter.

all that said, As I told Pete, I am giving him the benifit of the doubt, and am going to chalk his mistake up to ignorance of the law. The only reason I posted again is because it has taken this long for the "whole truth and nothing, but the truth" to come out, as a result of IMHO Wes and a couple others.
So I hope two things,
1. That we can finally put this to rest, and Pete can be welcomed here.
2. That you and Nicolai, and some of the others hopefully can understand (if not accept) why some of us can seem a little overzealous.

So I'm aware that some of you will dock me points, but I make no apologys for my overzealousness, when it comes to the morals and laws of such a great hobby.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #78
Ophis
Reptile Breeder

You could not have read all of my posts on this or the other thread concerning the Pete/Adam fiasco, because I agree with you as to the seriousness of the offenses committed. What I don't agree with is the lack of recognition that Peter did admit he did what he did, and apologized. Its not the be all to end all, but it deserves some consideration. Would you please shed some light on my so called Ironic 8 16 post?

Old 01-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #79
Sasheena
The only problem with referring to a post by the time it was posted, is that YOUR clock might be different from mine. I'm at GMT -7, which means the 8:16 post was actually posted at 9:16 my time.

Perhaps there is one thing that you fail to realize, Ophis, and that is that as long as you keep posting on this thread, and others reply to you, the thread remains very much at the top of the pile. If you've said what you want to say, which I thought you did already say, then why keep saying it? Each time you do, the thread is thrown back into the limelight. Everyone knows your position.

reptilebreeder, thank you for your VERY ELOQUENT synopsis of WHY this thread is the way it is. I think that Pete knows the road he needs to travel to be a "good guy", and if there are people lining the road telling him what he already knows, as long as he travels it, who cares? We'll see when he gets there. Or if he doesn't. All the rest is fluff.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:44 AM   #80
Ophis
Of course I realize that.

However, I only respond when challenged. Reptile Breeder brought up my name with a "Snipe" about a very ironic post I made putting me in a catagory with Hydrogen Cricket. I should say nothing? Please!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!