Mike Greathouse [you decide] - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #71
Dr Owens
John,
I am sure that you know that I have nothing but respect for you...I think that goes without saying.

I talked with you a little over a year ago about the whole Shrillomn situation, and you are one of the only people outside of Rich and the other mods that I discussed it with. I called you because I figured that you knew Mike better than anyone. At the time, you told me that this was all news to you, but that you couldn't wait to ask Mike about it the next time you talked with him. Since that time we haven't talked again, so I'll ask now...

Do you have any knowledge as to whether or not these allegations against Mike are true? You certainly didn't deny anything in your previous post...in fact, it seemed to be more of a defense of his actions than anything else.

(btw...I do understand the fact that you and Mike are best friends. In light of that fact, I will understand if you decline to answer this question, and it will not affect my opinion of you one iota. I mean that. )

Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #72
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Personally, whether Mike is one or all three of the entities mentioned, I couldn’t care less. His seven year tenure on this site helping folks with questions, supporting this site when the owner did not and his all around positive influence and willingness to voice his opinion when needed far outweighs any such paltry infraction that some of you want to read into posting under an alias.
As I said in my first post. Many of the things these sock puppets said have a lot merit to them. I will be the first to stand up and say so. But...

You knew there was a but right... to say he was just
Quote:
posting under an alias
would not be entirely accurate. Stirring shit and attacking individual members was in there too. That is the part I call cowardly. If you want to stir shit and attack individuals then man up and do so as yourself.

As far as posting with an alias to get your point across, I said so on the phone today with Bobby that it is not as big a deal as he and others are trying to make of it. So we agree on that aspect of things, but not the entire ball of wax.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #73
WebSlave
Quote:
An awful lot of the members here adopted the “it’s his site, he can do what he wants” attitude when Rich dropped the reins here six months after collecting a tidy pile of cash from everyone. We were even treated to a nice shiny picture of what our money purchased prior to his abdication. Mike was one of a few who very professionally pointed this out to Rich.
Yeah, right John. I thought you were in the banking business. YOU sell animals. YOU know what they have sold for. Or at least what MINE have. I produce MORE than you, sell MORE than you and been doing so LONGER than you have, salting away the money when I could. And my home and land are paid for, and been so for 16 years, and have NO children to have to support. Run that through your banking brain calculations to see where the money for my "shiny toy" came from. It's also pretty obvious that you have NO idea on prices of "shiny toys", either..... But maybe $28K for a vehicle is a LOT to you..... I made that just in the surplus adults I sold that year.... And THEN some. I think I am entitled to buy a toy now and again in my older age, don't you? Especially after all the work I put into my reptile business year in and year out. Or should I just keep buying total utility vehicles and such like I have been doing for the rest of my life? Heck, the pickup truck I bought before that didn't cost much less than the "toy" did, so what's your beef?

I have made it VERY plain that I will no longer support this site with money made from my reptile business. "Tidy sum" my ass........... Anyone with simple math skills can easily figure out that I'm not making any mint off of THIS site.... Yeah, $25 memberships is certainly going to fill up the bank to bursting.....

As for "dropping the reins". Yep I did for a while. So what? Lots of people recommended that I take a break for a while when it was stressing me out. Then when I do as they suggested, they STILL whine about it. Go figure.............

Anyway, nice try at deflecting this thread. That's enough about me in this thread........

Old 03-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #74
varnyard
Quote:
Wes has been banned here for behavior unbefitting a human a dozen times. Kimmel, at least a couple. They have stalked people with no reason, harassed people across every thread they posted on and insulted and belittled half the damn membership. Has Wes helped oust a bad guy or two? You betcha. Accidents happen. When you attack anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, you are bound to get lucky once or twice. Even a blind egomaniacal jackass of a squirrel finds a nut now and then. And these two are the ones that I believe someone referred to as two of the most reputable members of this site. What a joke.

Personally, whether Mike is one or all three of the entities mentioned, I couldn’t care less. His seven year tenure on this site helping folks with questions, supporting this site when the owner did not and his all around positive influence and willingness to voice his opinion when needed far outweighs any such paltry infraction that some of you want to read into posting under an alias.

Oh and Bobby...I did catch your attempt to expand the lynching through association. I noticed that the pet monkey chimed in right after. Theres a true braintrust. As someone who has flip flopped for and against this site over the years so many times they can't be counted, you more than anyone should be ashamed of yourself. I realize that the vast majority of thoughts that enter your head are hand placed there by Wes or Kimmel but for God's sake...try thinking once in a while before you hit submit.

If you like i can get you the name of Mike's second grade teacher...she was probably in on the conspiracy too.

This place has just gotten sad.
That is funny John, I will say this about Wes, Chuck, Sammy and myself. If we have a problem we are all right up front. We say what we think with our "REAL" names. None of us run around like a hidden back stabber, or cover the tracks from someone that does.

I might not be shy, but no one speaks for me. I need no monkey, or three hidden troll accounts.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #75
KelliH
I don't think what Mike did (if he did it) makes him a "bad guy/scammer/scumbag etc". He was playing a game. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think it's nearly as horrible as some hear make it sound.

Some of you might be surprised to learn that there are others here that have ghost accounts as well... and you might be even more surprised to find out who those others are.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 AM   #76
KelliH
Quote:
I wouldn't do it, but I don't think it's nearly as horrible as some here make it sound.
Fixed.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #77
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I don't think what Mike did (if he did it) makes him a "bad guy/scammer/scumbag etc". He was playing a game. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think it's nearly as horrible as some hear make it sound.

Some of you might be surprised to learn that there are others here that have ghost accounts as well... and you might be even more surprised to find out who those others are.
I'm sorry Kelli, I did not hear you, did you say ghost accounts? Or troll accounts? I only have one, and it is all me!! However, do these "Ghost" accounts use them to make personal attacks? As well as attacks against the site? And by all means, don't hold back now, spill the beans!!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #78
Stardust
John,

I met you this summer as well and I just can not think of either of you as bad guys in anyway.
I will say that, again, if Mike did have alias' I wish he would have just posted this under his own name. Perhaps cowardly was too strong of a word perhaps not.

I will say that unless there is undisputed proof I would not believe that Mike would try to ambush this site and making other accounts is not ambushing. Therefore, with just the alias' I would still say I would buy from him and consider him to be a good guy as well as talk with him again.

I would even go so far as to say that I wish this thread was not made on the BOI. As it does not pertain to making a transaction. Perhaps anger and hurt? Who knows.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #79
ravensgait
Well Kelli out with it then !! seems the thread to clear the air with so go for it..

Myself while I don't know Mike personally I have always respected the person I saw here. The evidence seems pretty heavy against him and he was participating in the other thread where this all came up until he was called on it and left. Even though it is most likely he did it I too can't See him as a bad guy as far as doing business with him goes. I don't like what he did but wouldn't join a lynch party over this that's for certain.. Randy

Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #80
SPJ
Let Mike respond before you guys go tearing him apart.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!