Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #71
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferra7777 View Post
I have said many times that I do not respect this site as much as I used to...
Yeah that's evident from the belly rot, RI's, and mites you pass on to your customers with no remorse

Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #72
hhmoore
Nick - it's an easy course to take, but this thread is not about Mr Ferraiolo, or his business.
I know my response to him makes it easier for others to follow suit, but sometimes it is just better to do those things right out in the open. Let's swing the focus back to Ben Siegel.

I know I've posted before, but I've been happy with every purchase I've made from Ben. While I can agree that making negative comments about a prospective buyers age is a poor choice, the two versions of the story do differ a bit. Nobody has disputed that Ben's auction clearly stated that bids wouldn't be removed/retracted, and that anybody under 18 was to contact him prior to bidding. I've required parental consent when approached by minors wanting to buy a snake, and I've required contact to approve the purchase when a parent's, spouse's, or any other third parties account is used to pay....so I don't see any issue with Ben asking for the same.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #73
akonitony
There are basically two types of children on the planet: those that are disciplined properly by their parents and those that are not. How one relates to his/her elders is a reflection of their upbringing. God help my son if I EVER hear of him back-talking an adult. Being called a brat will be the very least of his problems. This does not mean he can't be assertive when doing business, but assertiveness and bratiness are entirely different avenues. While an apology does start the ball rolling in the right direction, to think it automatically makes everything hunky-dory again is in-and-of-itself immature. One thing is for sure, one can catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for the young man, or on the other hand, maybe he'll marry someone who doesn't like snakes someday...

Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #74
MajorLeagueReptiles
Anthony, I absolutely agree. Reading this entire thread my thoughts were exactly the same. As a child, this NEVER would have happened, and I can thank my parents for that and where I am today. I'm actually in the middle of a transaction with Ben with no problems. Bummer this had to put a "bad guy" thread.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #75
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueReptiles View Post
Anthony, I absolutely agree. Reading this entire thread my thoughts were exactly the same. As a child, this NEVER would have happened, and I can thank my parents for that and where I am today. I'm actually in the middle of a transaction with Ben with no problems. Bummer this had to put a "bad guy" thread.
I think the only bad guy here was the OP. I've never had the pleasure of dealing with Ben, but his reputation told me this had to be a bogus thread, to say the least, when I first saw it on the BOI menu. There was another bad guy thread on him (Ben) a while back that started with something to the effect of 'gotcha - I just wanted to get your attention by the title of saying Ben was a bad guy so I could tell you about the good deal he gave me', or something like that. One of the mods told the OP of that thread it was a nice gesture, but a bad idea to list him as a bad guy. Anyway, I thought I had finally found that unicorn with this thread when the OP was seriously accusing him of some sort of shananigans, but as I suspected, the case has some serious flaws. Seems to me there will likely never be a true bad guy thread on Ben. It's nice to know there are still businesses one can benchmark.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #76
crotalusadamanteus
I require ALL people under age 18 to have their parents negotiate the transaction for them. It's called protection. For you, for me, and for the animals in question. If you can't see that for what it is, then you have some maturing to do.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #77
Killer Chams
I make a rule not to sell to children. I have broken my own rule on the rare occasion when a young person has shown they are both responsible for their animals and had parents that told me they cared for the animals themselves and that they had planned how to continue on with that care even after they left for college or other educational oppurtnities. Its the rare young person that can plan for tommorrow today. I dont want my animals Ive bred, discarded because the kid left for school or military service and the parents arent interested in reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!