Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #71
Haydenphoto
I have bought about 10 snakes from Ben and Stacy and NEVER have had an issue. Ben Keep up the great work.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #72
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Breeders Union View Post
I think there is something to be said about the type of person who would make a bad guy post about something so trivial. Your personalities clashed, that's a bummer but that's life... move on. I am sure Ben along with a lot of other vendors could write a book about bad dealings, part of being a business is taking things in stride and worrying about things when they're important.

Just my $0.02
Jordan Russell
i agree 100% nothing more

ive done buisness with Ben on and off for years, he can be a little rushed sometimes but never been rude nor has his wife, always been great to deal with, in that time ive bought hundreds of animals from him,i had issues with one suri that regurged, 1, thats its, when placing my next order i mentioned it, wasnt complaining or looking for a replacement but he bent over backwards to make it right,as far as wholesale reptiles go hes got the best in the biz and ive bought from everyone,his are way better then everyone elses, i guess with that said if I was the OP i would be a little upset also, i wouldnt like having to buy crap from someone else either but still doesnt warrent this thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #73
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxjoe View Post
First off - what proof do you have that I was "abusive" and or "yelling" - you don't
Second, the phone number listed on his wholesale list dosen't specify that it is a cell phone. When I call a "Phone number" listed on a wholesale sheet - 99% of the time I am calling an office not a cell phone.
Third, I have dealt with similar situations and have had to correct (privately) my own son for not being courteous to a customer.
Fourth, I knew I was going to get beat up for posting, but put yourself in my shoes:
I get to my store - open up - feed and water animals - open for business - talk to a few customers and make some sales- talk to a few sales reps and put some orders in - call to put a turtle order in- get spoken to rudely and get hung up on - then get blamed for it.

My intention from the getgo was not to hurt BS's business but to simply report the problem I had with their service which is what I thougth the BOI was for. I had no idea so many would take such a gesture so personally.

First- What proof do u have of Stacey being rude and hanging up on u?
Second- how is it ur right to know what instruments they use to conduct their business? Most people dont even have house phones anymore because u can talk, text, email ,surf the web, listen to music, and run a business all on ur phone. Personally Id much rather deal with a breeder who I can get ahold of 24/7 and not an office answering machine in case theres an emergency.
Third- who cares about how u handle ur children.
Fourth- if u know ur gonna get beat up then why post it?

I think it wasnt ur intention from the getgo to hurt Bens business, but it was ur intention to get attention from it. Why would u start ur thread all for ur tranaction when u coulda posted it on one of his other threads?

"Oh hes a meenie lets post a Bad Guy thread about him.... oh I sure hope it doesnt hurt his business."
If ur gonna report a problem without a transaction maybe that would be considered information, better suited for an info thread.

Dam Ben im about to buy a bunch of snakes off u just so we could have an actual transaction and I can see how "rude" u are for myself.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #74
urbanjungles
Ben is awesome, I have been buying animals from him for over a decade now.
Does this sound like an impatient man?

http://www.4shared.com/audio/xcFOoiT...ammitySlam.mp3

Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #75
Classic Dum's
I couldnt understand the end, how much did ben sell his fancy balls for lmao

Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #76
treeboa
I've been dealing with Ben for over a decade too and never had a problem. In fact I've bought, sold to, and traded with Ben and he's always been great to me. When I say Ben I should say Ben and Stacey because I've dealt with her as much as I have with Ben and she's always been very sweet. They are definitely one of my "go tos" in this industry.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #77
cochran
I've dealt with Ben on a couple of occasions,everything went smooth ,Great guy in my opinion!!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #78
KelcifersDragons
Just did another dealing with ben and once again stand up guy! Very polite on the phone and stacy as well! They always respond to a question as soon as they can. Great job guys! Im heading to FL in the fall and I am so stopping in and leaving with quite a few things!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #79
Anerythristic
Let me come to the OPs defense, in a way.

I have been buying from Ben since he opened his retail store on Hillsboro Rd. and before that when he used to vend at the Airport Inn show when he was located in... Ocala..I think.

In all that time I have never ever received anything short of a stellar animal from Ben, if you were thinking about doing business with him, I wouldn't hesitate.

I do not know Ben as a friend/personally only as a store owner. He is a human being and it can seem that when he is busy because of other business or the store he can absolutely be short, sometimes very short, unfortunately the same goes for his beautiful wife but rarely. Not rude, just a "do you want the snake or not, c'mon, c'mon attitude." That can be viewed as poor customer service to some, possibly rude. It made me go across the street and spend my money once or twice.

He can be so hit and miss that I just try to avoid him when I can because his staff is really excellent and more than helpful.

I can recommend Ben for top notch animals, which is the most important thing, for top notch customer care if its that important to you deal with his staff, real talk.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #80
BenSiegelReptiles
Thanks for the kind word everyone---I dont get on here often except to defend myself and someone shot me a heads up on this post. Did not really feel the need to defend, but at least respond. Thanks again to all of our supporters. Thank you Vincent for your continued patronage----trying to figure out who you are exactly just to figure out what the story is with my rudeness. Are you sure there is not anymore to the story about being rushed to buy? I ask only because that is completely not the style of me, my wife or my sales staff in my store. We NEVER push-we often tell customers to think about it and that a pet can be a huge responsibility if we have any doubt. We do not push at all-HOWEVER--with that being said---I can think of few times that a customer MIGHT seemed rushed as in if we have a store full of people and they are asking for animals from the back. We keep 90% of our inventory off display in our facility. We will often go in back and bring stuff up for customers. Often times we will even take them back if we are not busy. But if you are asking to see 100 snakes from the back and we have spent and hour with you, you may get asked hey--did you want a snake or not. Some times tire kickers are fine---they help my staff learn more about the animals in question, but sometimes, especially in the new store when we have 20 people in front and the phone is ringing off the hook, it can be hard. Another time is when customers come in at 7:57 at night and we close at 8pm. It is our policy to stay open when at all possible when customers are in our store, but after a long day(10 hours) if someone comes in at closing time and asks to see everything they might feel a bit rushed.
Not implying you are that guy Vincent, but just giving an example of when we might be perceived as being short. I am sure I would recognize you, but I am just bad with names. Thanks so much for the kind words about our animals and quality, and fyi---Stacey and I are rarely up front anymore with the auctions keeping us busy all day so feel free to come in anytime! The chances of you seeing either of us is much more uncommon! Anyone who likes to see us when they come in---just poke your head in the back door and say hi!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!