Jungle Habitats Plastics- Alan Hall (Bad Guy) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #71
JungleHabitats
Yes i wont EVER put anything infront of sick terminally ill family sorry you dont have a close enough family to have that feeling .. I DO and will never put anything in front of that plain and simple EVER ! make it clear family is first not business in my book.

No you think you know so much , listen one last time.

My mother spent 38 days in Grace Hospital here in my town , I visited EVERYDAY for about 10 hrs a day with her while my father was at home . I did goto the show but you may ask southerncat or anyone that was at the SC show they will vouch i told them all when i arrived if i got a phone call while there i would be making a B line out and someone would would have to watch the cages and booth because i wouldnt be packing them to leave if i got a phone call to go . The transferred her to Duke Hopsital The day i got to the show ,

Now .. j when i got back the 15th it was not in the morning it was like the morning of the 16th about 2 am ... so i didnt check anything that time of night and i did sleep untill about noon the next day and then got things in order for my mother coming home ( i was only one here to get medicines lined up while they were waiting to be released and come home on the 17th. So your right i didnt check email , or message on the 16th and didnt even walk into the shop until sometime the evenoing of the 17th . and guess what David you were not the ONLY person on the list of ppl to contact. you were not even in the first 20 calls or 40 emails to reply back to sooo not sure where you thought you should be the first person i call when i walked in ? So you called me mid day on the 19th if i remember correct so thats about 36 hrs of time where iwas actually back in the shop doing things and responding to customers & emails in the order they come in and you got back to me before i got to you . Now had i wanted to IGNORE YOU i wouldnot have answered the telephone pretty easy to avoid you if i didnt answer huh ? so iwasnt hiding from you and sorry you were not the first email or phone call to return to..

as far as people reading this fine let them read I will still be a cage manufactuer and will still continue to sell many hundreds of cages a year regardless of how you or anyone here feels about this situation that is here now .

this will be my only post for this thread so feel freeto expand it 20 pages of useless clip & pastes and quoyte it to death it really doesnt matter to me

and yes there are typos but i could careless

Old 12-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #72
shrap
Alan,

You are admitting yourself, in your own post, that due to a family issue you could not meet the deadline that you agreed to. Why should your customer have to pay for your family issue?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #73
LakesideBoas
I think I just heard the sound of a toilet flushing in North Carolina...

Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #74
Wilomn
alan, if you had time to go to a show, you had time to work in your shop. I'm pretty sure your phone would ring in there just as well as it would at the show.

Why don't you stop blaming everyone but you for your mistakes? You screwed up AGAIN.

Dumb as dirt doesn't begin to encompass the stupidity you continue to exhibit every time YOU make a mistake.

Take some responsibility and quit making excuses.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #75
SPJ
David,

Did Alan give you a $70 coupon to use on your next order with him to put this to rest?

Old 12-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #76
gbcop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
David,

Did Alan give you a $70 coupon to use on your next order with him to put this to rest?

A $70 Gift Card was received instead of a coupon so it won't expire at the end of the year. This matter has been put to rest, and I consider it closed as a happy median was meet. Much appreciation and thanks BOI!

David

Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #77
goReptiles
He did the same thing for me. Gave me exact shipdates, and I ended up receiving the rack 2-3 weeks late. He knew about the rack for like 3 months and knew when I wanted it. He cashed the check (he would only accept check) 2 months before I got my rack. After he cashed it, he sat on it for 10 days without letting my know why until I sent a few emails.

He's actually breaking several laws. You're not supposed to cash checks or take money from an account until you ship out the product. When we called him on that, he quickly responded that I could get the product soon. It was still 3 weeks late and no contact within that 3 weeks.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #78
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by goReptiles
He's actually breaking several laws. You're not supposed to cash checks or take money from an account until you ship out the product.
Where did you find information that it's illegal to deposit a check before items are shipped? I wouldn't think it would be illegal since personal checks take 5-10 business days to clear and that would leave it wide open for individuals to scam the people who accept checks.

If that were true, I would think PayPal is illegal since they take money before items are shipped.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #79
Gary O
Even though Al has done some very messed up things. Cashing a check before shipping is not illegal. My business account manager at my bank will even back this up.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #80
goReptiles
It may be different in different states, in terms of business laws you're not supposed to take the money first, but in GA it's the law for any legitmate business that does business online. For the life of me I can't find a statute online. But, when you start a legitimate business, you're supposed to actually take the money once you ship out the item. When you buy items at the store they take the money when you leave with the item, so it's supposed to be the same sentiment. When my dad had his business, it was one of the statute requirements for the state.

It's up to the seller to accept the money. I've noticed that the money from paypal never really processes my bank account until the shipment has been made. I don't know if that's coincidence, but the day my bank says that the payment is processing, is usually the day I get confirmation emails that the items have been shipped.

I would rather not do business with him again, but to keep things the same, I'm am willing to risk money to do it a 3rd time. Granted the 3rd time won't be my money, but a gift.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!