Bad Guy Lou Rodrigues, Designer Ball Pythons also on Kingsnake.com - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #71
chris allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by selitper10 View Post
I told him that he had to get the package on the first attempt and his earlier statement in the other thread stating that i implemented the signature required option is false. Its was the drivers option not to leave the package.
I would like to know about this, also for my future reference. Is it UPS's policy that if there is no signature required option checked, that its up to the driver to decide whether or not to leave the box, or are they required to leave the box.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #72
kylestl
I really don't see any way it is the buyer's fault. It has been said by many people before 4 hours doesn't mean life or death with 1 heat pack. I believe that snake was dead 4 hours before it was delivered. I think if it were alive the first time they tried it probably would have been in so bad condition it still would have died. Good luck with everything and Lou I hope you realize you did something wrong and owe this guy a snake. Good luck!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #73
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
I would like to know about this, also for my future reference. Is it UPS's policy that if there is no signature required option checked, that its up to the driver to decide whether or not to leave the box, or are they required to leave the box.
I've actually had this argument with fedex/ups/usps. It is in all of their policies that it is at the driver's discretion on whether or not to leave a package that does not require a signature if no one is there to receive the package.

Every once in a while you'll get stuck with that driver that doesn't like to leave packages on the doorstep, sometimes even if there is a signed note on the door requesting it. But for the most part if you do leave a big note on the door telling them where to leave the package signed and dated, they will leave the package, usually without even bothering to knock because they just assume that means your not home. But that's probably better than dealing with the drivers taking the package back with them just because you didn't make it to the door in 30 seconds to get the package from them.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #74
selitper10
just for the record i did not receive word of the DOA until about 8 hrs after the first delivery attempt. first email bu UPS was at 8:07 am CST and i finally spoke to the buyer, after numerous attempts by ME by text and phone, till 5:39pm.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #75
Paul Kent
Quote:
just for the record i did not receive word of the DOA until about 8 hrs after the first delivery attempt. first email bu UPS was at 8:07 am CST and i finally spoke to the buyer, after numerous attempts by ME by text and phone, till 5:39pm.
What does that matter? I would understand if it were 4 days later but whats the difference between 4 hours and 8 hours?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #76
selitper10
UPS's second email was at 1:47pm CST that the 2nd delivery was made signature was by "RIVERA". why would he wait almost 4 hrs to call me and inform me of the DOA. Check his previous thread time. why wait so long to call the shipper.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #77
selitper10
it matters when the temps are 85 degrees

Old 04-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #78
chris allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
I've actually had this argument with fedex/ups/usps. It is in all of their policies that it is at the driver's discretion on whether or not to leave a package that does not require a signature if no one is there to receive the package.

Every once in a while you'll get stuck with that driver that doesn't like to leave packages on the doorstep, sometimes even if there is a signed note on the door requesting it. But for the most part if you do leave a big note on the door telling them where to leave the package signed and dated, they will leave the package, usually without even bothering to knock because they just assume that means your not home. But that's probably better than dealing with the drivers taking the package back with them just because you didn't make it to the door in 30 seconds to get the package from them.
I don't like that at all. I think the note is a good idea, but I think maybe in Eddie's case the note would not have made a difference if the snake was already cooked.

Is the seller offering anything as far as a refund or replacement goes at this point?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #79
selitper10
sit in a box, in a dark brown truck, with A heat pack in 85 degree weather for the hottest hours of the day and tell me how long you can tolerate it.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #80
chris allen
Quote:
sit in a box, in a dark brown truck, with A heat pack in 85 degree weather for the hottest hours of the day and tell me how long you can tolerate it.
The worst shipping problem I had was in the middle of summer, the dragon got delayed for a day. On top of that the box was put outside the house the following day in the sun and they never knocked, or rang the bell. The dragon was fine. I'm not saying DOA's don't happen, but I have said from the beginning something didn't make sense.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!