Bad Guy Boamaster (Mark Venhorst) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #71
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipmattic View Post
I myself still would like to see the vet records, showing all the proof of the things wrong with the animal(s). If the animal were in a sickly state, then you should have been given some type of documentation proving such. My vet gives me documentation of everything that was done, even if its a general check-up or full on diagnoses of what is wrong. As far as Alberto's situation with Mark, why are you now coming out about the issue? it has been roughly two years later. Sounds like to me your just jumping on the band wagon. Im not saying what he did was wrong. But if you stayed quiet this long, whats the difference from two years ago to now? If you truley wanted to bring this issue up on the BOI, you should have done so then...Which i do believe you still could.
People tend to be apprehensive with calling out bigger breeders, but as you can tell by his posts, the monetary loss did not bother him a great deal and that is likely why he did not bother. It is not something I agree with, but in the end, he did provide e-mails and a picture.

Regardless ... I still want to see proof of the animals getting vet. care and I want to see photos of the animals as well, but just because Mark has a lot of great transactions does not mean he cannot have bad ones. In this world, the amount of good transactions are irrelevant when it comes to how you deal with a bad one.

Mark has been informed of this thread and does not appear to have any interest in coming to respond to it. That is speaking a bit more than I think people realize, but it does not negate the desire for hardcore proof.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #72
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipmattic View Post
I myself still would like to see the vet records, showing all the proof of the things wrong with the animal(s). If the animal were in a sickly state, then you should have been given some type of documentation proving such. My vet gives me documentation of everything that was done, even if its a general check-up or full on diagnoses of what is wrong. As far as Alberto's situation with Mark, why are you now coming out about the issue? it has been roughly two years later. Sounds like to me your just jumping on the band wagon. Im not saying what he did was wrong. But if you stayed quiet this long, whats the difference from two years ago to now? If you truley wanted to bring this issue up on the BOI, you should have done so then...Which i do believe you still could.
I too would like to see vet reports.

However, the highlighted part is particularly troubling to me. Why would you discourage someone from posting their experiences with a seller. Who cares that it too so long for him to come forward. It is posts like this that make people afraid to post on the BOI. Sure, he should also post evidence and be held to the same standard as others. But to question a person for mentioning a deal that was two years ago because they did not post it immediately is simply ridiculous in my opinion. Also, him mentioning his transaction in this thread IS bringing it to the BOI. It is generally frowned upon to make multiple BOI threads about the same seller/buyer.

Now back to the matter at hand. Please post vet reports as evidence of the sick snakes. All people want is the evidence that the snakes were in fact sick. Otherwise it is a he said she said situation (without him saying much that is).

Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #73
apreske
Again I am going to post the vet papers on here as soon as I get them. I'm picking up the het albino sometime today from the vet and that's when we are supposedly getting the paperwork. She is very weak and we have been unsuccessful with force feeding her (which is what the vet suggested). Our vet is going to get some fluids into her system this morning and hopefully that will kick start her recovery.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #74
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
People tend to be apprehensive with calling out bigger breeders, but as you can tell by his posts, the monetary loss did not bother him a great deal and that is likely why he did not bother. It is not something I agree with, but in the end, he did provide e-mails and a picture.

Regardless ... I still want to see proof of the animals getting vet. care and I want to see photos of the animals as well, but just because Mark has a lot of great transactions does not mean he cannot have bad ones. In this world, the amount of good transactions are irrelevant when it comes to how you deal with a bad one.

Mark has been informed of this thread and does not appear to have any interest in coming to respond to it. That is speaking a bit more than I think people realize, but it does not negate the desire for hardcore proof.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #75
apreske
I will also post pictures of the swelling on the het albinos face and the hole where the abscess was by her tail.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #76
Taking Up Serpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
TOS doesm't mean squat if the health of the animal is NOT disclosed honestly.
Only a SHADY individual sells sick (near death) aniamls.
I mention TOS because if something sounds fishy or like they could cover their tails on bad sales then anyone can determine if they still want to do business. I agree, it does not excuse selling a sick snake. But if the TOS mention it in a way that voids refunds it can be a red flag to some.

I agree with ShadowAceD's whole last post. It only takes 1-"oh crap" to ruin 100-"attaboys" and good praises. Especially in this industry.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #77
mxracer4life
I am also curious of this vet bill. In my opinion, even emails aren't 100% proof of a bad deal when trying to prove someone right or wrong, even in some cases, the wording can be changed etc, especially if the other party never chimes in. I have had great service from Mark. As far as Alberto's situation with him, I would definately be a little aggravated if Mark sent me something like that.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #78
Iloverhacs
Kudos to the changing wording in emails comment. All that has been proved to mark is a self diagnosed infection, which means nothing.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #79
boamaster
hey guys its mark
i'm only going to respond to this once
i'm not going to get into a posting war
just need my side heard as well
i was away for the the last 4 days at a show
i talked to him and explained all the animals condition
before i shipped them

1 jungle het albino
i said was off feed and thin so i sold it for 25cents on dollar
which he choose to buy .and work with --100.00
2 the hypo had no signs or symptoms before i shipped it and ate great
no smearing on cages no mites so on
3. the large het albino i explained to him that it had recently gotten a swollen scent gland
which i called a vet and discussed that issue with said thats what he thought it was ,so i passed that info on -before the sale
he then bought animals -- i shipped -packed properly next day air
he did call concerned about the jungle het albino's weight and i reminded him of our conversation
he said ok
then he called back sometime later in about a week and said he didnt like the het albino
and i examined his concerns and we discussed it away
then he calls back wanting some compensation
and saying the hypo is now sick? def wasnt when i sent it ?
so i offered to replace animals with some others to make up for it
he agreed to the deal .
then next day calls back angry and demanding a full refund and threatens about posting stuff
calling me a liar and purposely sending sick animals out which i did not do.

i've been around for years and never have tooken advantage of anyone,
as here so i offered some compensation to him until he threatened me and so on
so i told him do want ya want i'm done with this.

people know who i am and what i stand for.
i specifically told him the conditions before he bought them.
and when he wasnt happy ,i still tried to make up for it because i felt bad
if it had gotten sick on the way or there ? i cant say.
but the conditions of the animals were cleary described before sent they were sent out.
to avoid all this stuff were doing know.
none needs this .-but stuff happens when dealing w animals
and i try to do the right thing
thanks mark venhorst

Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #80
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by boamaster View Post
hey guys its mark
i'm only going to respond to this once
i'm not going to get into a posting war
just need my side heard as well
i was away for the the last 4 days at a show
i talked to him and explained all the animals condition
before i shipped them

1 jungle het albino
i said was off feed and thin so i sold it for 25cents on dollar
which he choose to buy .and work with --100.00
2 the hypo had no signs or symptoms before i shipped it and ate great
no smearing on cages no mites so on
3. the large het albino i explained to him that it had recently gotten a swollen scent gland
which i called a vet and discussed that issue with said thats what he thought it was ,so i passed that info on -before the sale
he then bought animals -- i shipped -packed properly next day air
he did call concerned about the jungle het albino's weight and i reminded him of our conversation
he said ok
then he called back sometime later in about a week and said he didnt like the het albino
and i examined his concerns and we discussed it away
then he calls back wanting some compensation
and saying the hypo is now sick? def wasnt when i sent it ?
so i offered to replace animals with some others to make up for it
he agreed to the deal .
then next day calls back angry and demanding a full refund and threatens about posting stuff
calling me a liar and purposely sending sick animals out which i did not do.

i've been around for years and never have tooken advantage of anyone,
as here so i offered some compensation to him until he threatened me and so on
so i told him do want ya want i'm done with this.

people know who i am and what i stand for.
i specifically told him the conditions before he bought them.
and when he wasnt happy ,i still tried to make up for it because i felt bad
if it had gotten sick on the way or there ? i cant say.
but the conditions of the animals were cleary described before sent they were sent out.
to avoid all this stuff were doing know.
none needs this .-but stuff happens when dealing w animals
and i try to do the right thing
thanks mark venhorst
Why on earth would you offer animals for sale that you know are sick They are in your care when they become sick, then instead of doing the right thing and getting vet care for your animals, you pawn them off on someone else at a "discounted" price. That sucks. In my opinion you are really no better than those people on craigslist that post ads in the pet section trying to pawn off their sick dogs. You know the ones that are worded kind of like this :
"Have to find a home for my English Bulldog today! He does have heartworm which is why I am offering him at a REDUCED REHOMING FEE of $500"
See any difference? I don't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!