Glendon McDonald Poor Ethics? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Selling deformed animals... Opinions?
Wow! Eyeless animals are cool, I can't wait to be the first on my block to own a scrub that can't see me to bite! 9 4.00%
There is nothing wrong with selling a deformed animal and using it as a breeder, although it shouldn't be more expensive. 10 4.44%
There IS something wrong with selling a deformed animal or using it as a breeder, it should be given to someone who wants a pet and removed from the gene pool. 149 66.22%
Why wasn't this thing culled the minute it hatched? It's dangerous and has no monetary value except as O. hannah food. 57 25.33%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #71
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally posted by tool66
My sister is 14 yrs old and handicapped. My mother produced 2 other children that were healthy (myself and my brother). My sister is blind, has no motor skills, and has the intelligence level of a 3 yr old. So since this passed on through the genes should I not reproduce with my fiance? There is a chance we could have another child like my sister.

Ok smart guy, let me ask you this. Will you do an amniocentisis before your children are born? Have you considered the life they may have should the INHERIT the DEFECTIVE genes YOU carry? What happens when you are too old or unable to care for these deformed children?

No I will not put other peoples names out here on my post because that's none of your business. But I will guarantee that this person has been in the business of breeding and selling reptiles as long or longer than most of the people on this website have.

Excellant copout there. I know these guys but I won't tell you who they are. Basically then, what they say, or supposedly say, is worth NOTHING. Gotcha.

I hope everybody does remember this because I can almost guarantee I will never have to deal with any of you people, nor would I care to. And I can ALMOST GUARENTEE that the sun WILL rise in the EAST tomorrow. Excellant train of logic you are following, can't wait for the big black tunnel that is SURELY just around the bend.

As far as the pattern morph I am referring to everybody saying this snake couldn't survive in the wild. You are NOT referring to a PATTERN MORPH if you are talking about having NO EYES, that is a physical DEFORMITY, NOT a morphological distinction.

None of those other snakes will either. This has been covered in my last post and it SHOULD be obvious to you that you are WRONG. The proof is in the adult snake EXPRESSING several of the MORPHS we have discussed, anerythism, patternless, and yes, even albino as evidensed by the ADULT wild caught ALBINO rosy boa that started many of the albino rosies we see today. Again you are either outright lying or just not willing to see that you are WRONG.

We talked to the seller of the snake and the reason it was sold was because it is a very good feeder. (5-6 rats weekly) But don't take my word for it, I'm sure you can go through zane to confirm that one. Is there a difference where you come from between a RAT and a RABBIT? I seem to recall that this snake was reportedly eating 2-3 rabbits a week. Of course this was before it was established that you had only had the snake for ONE week. Seems that the story is changing here. And if I have protrayed a childlike attitude then what does that say about you. It says that some of us can IDENTIFY a child like attitude when it is presented to us and some of us do indeed act like children. Guess which one of those two choices seems to fit you best at this point. I have only defended myself from the start. Has it occurred to you to ask WHY you have had to DEFEND yourself from the start?

Old 06-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #72
Seamus Haley
Er... I do, kinda.

I started it as a critical inquiry about the business practices of a specific individual and it contains a great deal of information related to that individual's priorities which could potentially have an impact on the likelyhood of another party choosing to conduct business with them.

While there were many replies which were not entirely respectable and a few tangents have been explored, the majority of them were written by the person who's name is mentioned in the title or his mouthpiece and serve to further illustrate his character. There is also some unconfirmed/semiconfirmed information relating to the animal in question which might serve to emphasize the negative actions of this seller.

By placing it in the Hell forum, you have essentially removed this information from the BOI and I think you'd agree that prospective buyers certainly won't lend as much credibility to a thread in this section as they would others.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #73
Wilomn
I don't know how I managed to do it but I seem to have inserted my questions, comments and answers into the post I was quoting above.

Please read it carefully because some of those questions, comments and answers are MINE and were NOT meant to seem to be anyone elses.

Wes Pollock

Old 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #74
Wilomn
I've got to agree with Seamus on this one Rich. I don't think hell is the place for it, at least not yet.

There is some good discussion happening and should be more to come. If it goes to hell now it will most likely disappear and I don't think it should just yet.

There are some fine points just beginnig to be discussed and some facts that need some clarification that most likely won't be in hell whereas they would most likely be on the BOI.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #75
Seamus Haley
Sorry, I intended my last post to be quicker, I wrote it in response to these statements by Rich...

Quote:
OK, I'm tired, got other things on my mind, and just don't care to read everything in this thread in detail. But I believe I have seen enough to determine that this thread belongs in HELL. If anyone has any disagreements with this decision, let me know. After the fact......
Since the overwhelming majority of off topic statements were made by or for the individual named in the thread title and the remainder of the participants have kept an appropriate attitude, perhaps they should reccieve warning points or redirection rather than sending the entire thread to a forum where it will be overlooked.

If all threads can be sent to the hell forum for the kind of discussion that occured here, bad guys have a "get out of the BOI Free" card that they can enact simply by making trouble and posting inappropriately on threads where their negative actions have been brought to light.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #76
sputnik
Hell - I don't think belongs here either

Wes, repost it... it will be easier for some to sift through and rule out someone mis-quoting you.

Yeah, he won't reveal who the the supposed experts are. Wes, you should know by now that this is a well used tactic by people who use this to inflate the importance of what they are saying. Basically, he won't say who they are because they don't exist!

Gee what a surprise!

I do not think it belongs here in hell because this is exactly what the BOI was created for. This kinda hides the practices of a seller who isn't all there!

Old 06-10-2004, 03:26 PM   #77
tool66
No I won't have any tests done before I try and have kids. Point was, you never know when you are going to produce something like this. Chances are my sister won't live to be that old so I'm sure we won't have to worry about that. Happy now? But since I am such a child I had better quit posting with all of the adults on this website. Your intelligence levels far exceed mine, I am tired of everybody trying to make believe that your opinion is indeed a fact.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #78
sputnik
Oh please

Quote:
Chances are my sister won't live to be that old so I'm sure we won't have to worry about that. Happy now?
Why would anyone be happy about the death of a loved one? It;s a truly sad thing. And should not of even been brought up on this thread whatsoever

You will no longer post because you won't answer questions? Or is it because you can't post for your buddy anymore... your just for the record comment ended that!

Quote:
Point was, you never know when you are going to produce something like this.
And there should be NO chance of it being repeated! A point that seems totally lost!

Old 06-10-2004, 03:43 PM   #79
Seamus Haley
Quote:
If all threads can be sent to the hell forum for the kind of discussion that occured here, bad guys have a "get out of the BOI Free" card that they can enact simply by making trouble and posting inappropriately on threads where their negative actions have been brought to light.
I think I may have stumbled accidently onto this concept but in thinking about it a bit, it's a real and legitimate concern.

Think of all the past bad guy threads that would have ended up in the hell forums and off the BOI where they belonged if similar moves were practiced in the past... Anything having to do with Adam Block, Jesse Underhill, all those threads about Neil or Dave Lawson including those where it wasn't a small number of individuals going back and forth, any Kingsnake threads, Gilbert Whatsisname who kept backing out of semiconfirmed deals, anything Bobby Pruett has ever touched, the Tim Bowels thread and doubtless dozens of others that just aren't jumping to mind immediately.

Hopefully it'd never happen but I have essentially just been told that is anyone ever starts a legitimate "Seamus Haley Bad Guy" thread, all I have to do to get it off the BOI is troll and spam and post under multiple names and the spotlight will go away... Instead of membership in the Shot Themselves in the Foot club for people who handled themselves inappropriately and confirmed their negative position, they now get rewarded by having their threads moved to a forum with less traffic where their name won't show up in BOI searches?!

I... dunno... It might not matter one way or another what I think and feel here, but I look at this and really have to ask where the upside is and how it benefits anyone or anything? All I see is a disservice being done to every potential customer who won't find this thread in a BOI search or won't give it the consideration it truly deserves because of the forum it has been moved to and the only inappropriate posts I can find were all written by the thread's subject or his partner in crime!

Old 06-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #80
tool66
Glen can't post right now because according to the site his registry info is incomplete. He set it up under his home email address and we can't access yahoo from work. He WILL post tonight from home. And also, one of our make believe resources is supposed to come onto the site today and possibly post something, if he feels like it is even worth it. "He sold glen the snake" There is no point in arguing with you people anymore. I am a child, I don't know what I'm talking about and the answers to my questions and comments are all the same. I'm tired of going in circles. Sorry I don't agree with any of you, which obviously makes me wrong. I will say that all of the herps that we have spoken with agree with what we have said.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!