Stolen Gila, Mike Winzer of Angels R Us - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #71
Wilomn
That should have said, "mixing up threads" here

Let's try to keep these incidents separate.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #72
KNOBTAIL
thanks SEAMUS, it always a welcome relief to have

you join in. The bottom line to all of this resides in the outcome if litigation ever occurs. I have been involved in the past with difficulties that occurred during the turtle salmonella escapades in the 70s and I tell you from very good experience, that a store owner better ask allot of questions when it comes to selling venomous herps, because it may come back to bite him and his business with some nasty litigation. Although many of the sales were to adults who were quite capable of making up their own minds, had their children exposed to a disease that the JURY did not take lightly.

So please spare me the rhetoric, if anything you do not know what YOU are talking about. Until you have been on the side that prosecutes, and until you see how the insurance companies, the health officials, the law enforcement community and the district attorneys office look at these things when children get injured, EVEN WITH THE PARENTS KNOWINGINGLY bringing these things into contact with their own children, the fault always and will continue to be by default to the manufacturer, the store , the importer and anyone else who can be sued! So. please , dont get involved if you dont have any experience in these matter, and seriously think about what you are writing when you post a thread about how dumb you think my statements may be.
Your way over your head here.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #73
repfriend
Aaargh

I am really interested to see how this business about the GILA<<<YES THE GILA is going.

I sincerely hope that Web Slave will swoop down and clean up this mess. Would you people PLEASE keep this ON TOPIC or open new threads. This is ridiculous.

This is not about another snake, kids, parents or who is liable when (btw. in some beforementioned scenarios, noone would sell nothing to noone, not dogs, not kittens, not toys, you can get hurt with EVERYTHING, and if its always the manufactors/sellers fault, then there would be NONE)

This is about the GILA MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now can we please have this ON TOPIC.

Help, Webbie.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #74
ravensgait
I agree

There is a pretty long thread about that, If they want to dredge it up they can talk about it there.
Randy

Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #75
KNOBTAIL
MISTY your absolutely correct

this is about a stolen Gila. Lets leave it at that. I hope Steve gets it back and whoever stole it gets incarcerated.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #76
nicolai
on the subject..

Apparently the kid that stole it doesnt want it because he wanted to trade it for a bearded. So its safe to say he will try to get rid of it elsewhere. There are a few shows coming up in PA and MD, take a copy of the pic of the gila with you and keep an eye out for it.

Those of you with all the internet skills, keep an eye out accross the different online classified for soeone in PA selling a Gila.

Lets show everyone what the BOI is capable of and get Steve his Gila back.

P.S. The reward would be nice too.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #77
repfriend
Hm

The story about the kid trading for the Gila and coming back for it, rings untrue to me.

Esp. the coming back part.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #78
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by repfriend
The story about the kid trading for the Gila and coming back for it, rings untrue to me.

Esp. the coming back part.
Agreed.

If the kid came back for it...it was most likely at the insistance of Mike from Angels R Us...if this part of Mike's story is even true...

Kind of wish he would come on here to relate his own account of the incident...that would definitely give everyone something to mull over.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #79
nicolai
good luck......

Good luck at ever getting mike to post on here. i would be very surprised if he came on here to try to defend himself on this one. He screwed Steve and he knows it. Mike should have held on to the gila and refused to give it back to the kid, or had his so called "employee" make sure it stayed there until Steve had the chance to identify it.
If any of you recieved a animal that another dealer/wholesaler/store owner told you they thought it was a stolen animal would then let the person (the person that brought it in) come and remove it from your facility? Talk about bad ethics.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:44 PM   #80
Chris@TSE
Cant get much worse than that.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!