Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 80 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #791
AllisonLeigh
While I agree that the negativity we allow in our lives has to be weighed against the effect it has on us, who are you or I to decide how this is affecting Michelle? If she's losing sleep and unable to eat from the stress of it... absolutely, let it go and be more concerned with your well being than the money or even the injustice of it (which is probably more frustrating than the money at this point). HOWEVER, we all are making posts yet WE aren't financially impacted by this at all. Does that mean that I'm all worked up and should let it go? No, I'm actually intrigued by how a successful man such as Ty would make such a egotistical and down right juvenile decision such as to deny her the prize because his feelings were hurt by the term "shady" or "scammy". Here's a simple solution, don't want to be called shady or scammy... don't act shady or scammy.

I agree with Robert on one thing, don't let this consume you. I hope I interpreted Robert's posts correctly (as I didn't the first time I read them and they sounded fairly insulting to Michelle) and that they just come from a place of experience. I've read a lot of old posts from before my time on the forums where months or years of someone's life could be filled with the stressful back and forth, and I'm hoping this is just his way of suggesting she keep that in mind and not become too consumed. As far as she is handling it thus far though, I think it's been fine (IMHO) and I'm glad she has the tenacity to stick it to him. He did something wrong, expected her to bend to what he said, and that's not how business works. Especially a raffle. Getting your money back for a purchase is being made whole. Getting your ticket price back for a raffle you WON (IMHO again) is not being made whole. Being made whole in that case is being given what you were promised you would get if you won.

Asking her to take an unknown lineage/health animal in place of his is like asking a Lotto winner to accept a personal cheque from an unknown 3rd party. Sure it might work out... and what if it doesn't? Then what?

Old 02-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #792
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
While I agree that the negativity we allow in our lives has to be weighed against the effect it has on us, who are you or I to decide how this is affecting Michelle? If she's losing sleep and unable to eat from the stress of it... absolutely, let it go and be more concerned with your well being than the money or even the injustice of it (which is probably more frustrating than the money at this point). HOWEVER, we all are making posts yet WE aren't financially impacted by this at all. Does that mean that I'm all worked up and should let it go? No, I'm actually intrigued by how a successful man such as Ty would make such a egotistical and down right juvenile decision such as to deny her the prize because his feelings were hurt by the term "shady" or "scammy". Here's a simple solution, don't want to be called shady or scammy... don't act shady or scammy.

I agree with Robert on one thing, don't let this consume you. I hope I interpreted Robert's posts correctly (as I didn't the first time I read them and they sounded fairly insulting to Michelle) and that they just come from a place of experience. I've read a lot of old posts from before my time on the forums where months or years of someone's life could be filled with the stressful back and forth, and I'm hoping this is just his way of suggesting she keep that in mind and not become too consumed. As far as she is handling it thus far though, I think it's been fine (IMHO) and I'm glad she has the tenacity to stick it to him. He did something wrong, expected her to bend to what he said, and that's not how business works. Especially a raffle. Getting your money back for a purchase is being made whole. Getting your ticket price back for a raffle you WON (IMHO again) is not being made whole. Being made whole in that case is being given what you were promised you would get if you won.

Asking her to take an unknown lineage/health animal in place of his is like asking a Lotto winner to accept a personal cheque from an unknown 3rd party. Sure it might work out... and what if it doesn't? Then what?

*robert # 225 * SMH

Old 02-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #793
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
I won a valuable prize and I don't think trying to get that prize that I wom is unreasonable at all. . What is unreasonable is ty not just honoring HIS contract that were HIS own WORDS (promises )

I have plenty of stuff going on in my life and my own breeding to be "consumed with this. Yes I fight for what i believe is right and what I believe is right is that ty park owes me the prize I won and he should have had better communication skills. Instead he chose not to communicate that he was going to give me purple albino like he gave the others till he saw how greedy he thought I was.
That's shows his character.

If he had honored it. It would have been a dream come true. I am a reptile keeper and marsupial Breeder and sure it would have been easier if I didn't have to chase him for what he owed me. But it's definately not "consuming" my every min of every day.

I am not in any way "trying to destroy ceaser" (Ty) I'm just bringing awareness to a very unfortunate situation that has happened here. One that could have easily been resolved before this thread even started. People here who are "chearing me on are demanding blood" I think the majority just sees it like it is and agrees with me that ty cheated me out of a prize and they hope i get it
This is exactly what I've been saying, I am glad we agree, you should have sent him your address. If you had sold the tegu, I can almost guarantee that you would not be considered a "flipper"

Quote:
Anyone with an open mind and common sense will side with you, it is a super simple equation that if Ty stands up and does what he said he would do you would get your Tegu,
Remember, TY did exactly what he said he was going to do (after he was obviously offended, and clearly wanted nothing to do with Michelle) He said if she did not send him her shipping info. he would re-raffle HER prize (tegu), and she would get nothing.

I feel like I am open minded, and have tried to place myself in this situation to see where it started to go down hill.

I would like to know why the charity is also a villain in this situation? while I know very little about this charity, I do know some of the members who I hold in high esteem. The fact that Michelle feels the charity should give her $3000 is unusual. When I purchase raffle tickets, I usually do not care about the prize, rather what my money will be used for, so I would like to think that Michelle bought the tickets with that in mind?
It is possible this could still reach an outcome that would be welcomed by Michelle, but I doubt that continuing to post on this thread will help.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #794
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post

I would like to know why the charity is also a villain in this situation?
Casey, are you OK? There have been numerous discussions about this very point and you have participated in many of them. Don't you remember? Or is there a motive that I'm not seeing in reprising the entire discussions?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=ircf&page=2

Old 02-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #795
Lucille
Quote:
It is possible this could still reach an outcome that would be welcomed by Michelle, but I doubt that continuing to post on this thread will help.
I vigorously disagree, and feel that you are trying to put the hush on. I believe that both the IRCF and Ty have behaved unethically and as well, I believe there are legal issues here which I will probably reprise shortly.

The BOI is a place to bring situations like this, and the ongoing thread serves the purpose of warning readers about unethical behaviors.

If you are trying to silence Michelle's valid issues, that to me is a disservice to Michelle, to the BOI, and to the concept of justice.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #796
AllisonLeigh
[quote=Casey Hulse;1980271]This is exactly what I've been saying, I am glad we agree, you should have sent him your address. If you had sold the tegu, I can almost guarantee that you would not be considered a "flipper"

I personally think you're confusing the word "should" with "could". Michelle did what she committed to do, Ty did not. I do not see why it is appropriate to say that Michelle should have accepted Ty's revised terms just because he said so. If your contention is with her involving the charity, I can at least understand your point a bit more. Again though, you accept the donations and performed the actual draw, then you get yourself involved. I'm not sure what I would expect them to do, but I would also be disappointed with their "not our problem" response. I just have no idea why you would think that Ty has the right to dictate new terms just because he said so. The charity aside, Ty is in the wrong here as HE broke the terms he outlined.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #797
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
This is exactly what I've been saying, I am glad we agree, you should have sent him your address.
That is not what she said, so why are you being intellectually dishonest with this? What a disappointment.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #798
Sugarhedgie
I shouldn't even waist my breath Casey

But seriously
You say" One that could have easily been resolved before this thread even started" and twist it to it's my fault because I didn't give him my shipping info for something he didn't even have (he said he didn't produce any t- and that he couldn't even get one from the undesclosed breeder friend demands my shipping info to send me the tegu!! WHAT TEGU!! he said it will grow up looking like the one in the raffle photo (the raffle photo was a t- not a t+)means that ty shouldn't have been so egotistical and communicated that he was willing to send me the t+ albino like he sent the others. INSTEAD he chose and admitted to not communicate that to see how greedy I was.!!!

My meaning which I know you know what I meant
"One that could have easily been resolved before this thread even started"
As that he could have just sent me the tegu or money like he promised and it would have been over.

Casey you also say "This is exactly what I've been saying, I am glad we agree, you should have sent him your address. If you had sold the tegu, I can almost guarantee that you would not be considered a "flipper"

What tegu? As he wouldn't disclose that important information. And I don't care how people would have perceived it. I myself just don't flip animals.

And lastly
Casey you say "I would like to know why the charity is also a villain in this situation? while I know very little about this charity, I do know some of the members who I hold in high esteem. The fact that Michelle feels the charity should give her $3000 is unusual. When I purchase raffle tickets, I usually do not care about the prize, rather what my money will be used for, so I would like to think that Michelle bought the tickets with that in mind?
It is possible this could still reach an outcome that would be welcomed by Michelle, but I doubt that continuing to post on this thread will help."

Unusual? I'm AZ whena non profit runs a raffle they must ensure that the prize is delivered and their members are to run it not a 3rd party.
There is some confusion as to their involvement but they drew the tickets and were well aware of it.

It's safe to say that if ty didn't have a raffle and just said hey I'd like to raise $9,000 can everyone please just donate $100 or more each to benifit the IRCF
I do not think that everyone would have just done that in less than an hour.

I do think that many people including myself did feel great about being able to help a non profit while taking a chance at winning a great prize.

Because He was raffling a prize (a tegu produced by him or $3000) IS WHY he sold 60 ($100) raffle tickets and got a 3,000 donation within about an hour

Not delivering the prize though..,,,,
So please don't insinuate that I am or was greedy too

Old 02-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #799
nickolasanastasiou
I understand what Robert Walker was saying with respect to being consumed. Also, I liken it to cautioning against antics sometimes seen in other threads. Flooding a thread can make readers tire of a poster's presence because it devolves into repetitive material that is light on fresh substance.

I believe Michelle is owed her prize. It is possible that the repetitive posts weaken the impression (not the position, but the impression) and waste time/effort. She could have made 10% of the volume of posts and have the same forward-moving impact as now with 225+ posts on the topic. I am not saying she should post less, but it is an alternative strategy (to keep it to the meat of the matter). Lots of quotes with an exactly-style emoticon only add volume. Fine to include them (to a point; they can start becoming akin to spam if misused and I am not saying that has happened yet). Fine to not include them. It might be a good path to respond when it is enriching. New information. Clarification. That sort of thing. If it is quoting a big block or repeating what was already posted, it does not enrich. One is free to not take this into consideration, but it does make for easier processing and a cleaner presentation of the issues involved. One is speaking to an audience in these situations.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #800
nicksgrl26
Quote:
I would like to know why the charity is also a villain in this situation? while I know very little about this charity, I do know some of the members who I hold in high esteem. The fact that Michelle feels the charity should give her $3000 is unusual. When I purchase raffle tickets, I usually do not care about the prize, rather what my money will be used for, so I would like to think that Michelle bought the tickets with that in mind?

It doesn't really matter why she entered the raffle, obviously in this case she really wants a tegu.
As for getting money from the charity, its probably because although Ty promoted it, he didn't touch the money and it all went to them. He simply donated his animals to their raffle. Assuming all of that is legit (I don't know raffle laws for promoters) it would be their burden to give out the prize (even if it was shipped from ty's place). Now the 3,000 I don't even think is a factor like I said in my prior posts, but 2500 for the price of the animal is a distinct possibility depending on the court ruling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu