Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 83 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #821
Cletus Marley
This place brings out the worse in people. It's sad.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #822
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Thomas, I agree with almost 100% of what you posted, however, I think that the $3000 was more what Michelle wanted. I will post a little of what I am talking about from the post by Michelle of their conversation. I think Ty was going to send her a purple, but that is only my opinion. I think when Michelle said he could not be trusted, his raffle felt shady and scammy, she made a mistake. This is only my opinion, most disagree.

​​
Casey why do you put all the responsibility on the OP? In every one of your posts you say she should be nicer, she should just accept what Ty does, she should have just sent her address. She is the customer in this situation Ty is the "seller" Ty already raised all his money for the charity and then changed the prize. She had the winning ticket and has every right to ask where its coming from. Why are you not all over Ty for being petty and not just telling her what he was sending. If he had said I'm sending you and the other winners purples because that's all I produced this would be over he'd look like the hero he seems to think he is, and everybody's happy.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #823
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
Casey why do you put all the responsibility on the OP? In every one of your posts you say she should be nicer, she should just accept what Ty does, she should have just sent her address. She is the customer in this situation Ty is the "seller" Ty already raised all his money for the charity and then changed the prize. She had the winning ticket and has every right to ask where its coming from. Why are you not all over Ty for being petty and not just telling her what he was sending. If he had said I'm sending you and the other winners purples because that's all I produced this would be over he'd look like the hero he seems to think he is, and everybody's happy.
At the very beginning of the thread, Casey did say that he thought Mr. Park handled this wrong. I don't think that he's necessarily putting all of the responsibility on Michelle so much as pointing out what he believes were her misteps - in essence, what I take from Casey's posts is that he is trying to play devil's advocate to point out that there's multiple sides to every story. In the end, while I do not agree with most of what he has said, I do think it's important to consider that what he says might very well be also what Mr. Park is thinking, and dismissing those thoughts isn't going to help Michelle get a resolution.

Bare minimum, I think it does show the kind of thinking on the other side of the fence, which is important to understand in trying to reach an agreement.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #824
tlmoon
I side with Michelle on this issue, but I do respect the voices of others who post possible other interpretations, solutions, or viewpoints (well, except for the guy who thinks we are all racist for not agreeing with Ty!). I think the point of the BOI is for people to post in a venue for the whole herp community. So I would never tell someone not to post or want to stifle a dissenting opinion. But that doesn't mean I won't disagree....it's not easy to have a differing opinion from the majority of the group, but please remember not everyone who disagrees with you is attacking you for saying so. (using "you" in the generic sense)

So with that said, I'm surprised by the number of posts that imply or outright state that this situation is somehow Michelle's fault, caused by her behavior, or is incumbent upon her to fix. With very few (any?) exceptions, most posts do not dispute that Michelle won and should receive what she won. What's odd (to me) is the excuses that are made for Ty's actions and choices and the idea that Michelle is somehow to blame for...what? questioning Ty? Insisting on what she won? I just don't get it.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 PM   #825
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
At the very beginning of the thread, Casey did say that he thought Mr. Park handled this wrong. I don't think that he's necessarily putting all of the responsibility on Michelle so much as pointing out what he believes were her misteps - in essence, what I take from Casey's posts is that he is trying to play devil's advocate to point out that there's multiple sides to every story. In the end, while I do not agree with most of what he has said, I do think it's important to consider that what he says might very well be also what Mr. Park is thinking, and dismissing those thoughts isn't going to help Michelle get a resolution.

Bare minimum, I think it does show the kind of thinking on the other side of the fence, which is important to understand in trying to reach an agreement.
It's pretty obvious what TY was thinking by his own posts. I just don't understand why Casey seems to hold the OP to a different standard of behavior then he does TY. People don't usually go from excited and happy to get something to calling you or a situation scammy or shady unless something happened to make them uncomfortable. Just as the OP could have been easier on Ty, Ty could have been more understanding of her being uncomfortable with his decision to keep changing the prize. First it was a blue albino he produced or $3000 then it was a blue from an un-named source then it was a tegu from him that he was going to keep, but wait he said he didn't produce any like the one he said was up for raffle. So he said he didn't have any blue tegus , now all of the sudden he does have a tegu to send. And don't forget he told her he wasn't sending her a purple tegu because they were worth $5k so where did this mystery tegu come from well Ty's not saying. That seems awful shady to me.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 AM   #826
Chris Kennard
[quote=Chris Kennard;1979647]Post #1 correspondence. Ty solicits his unsuspecting victim. His exact words. "How many of you would be interested if "I" ran an on-line raffle for a baby albino "blue" Tegu to be delivered in July?...if for any reason "I" do not produce any albino this year (chance of this will be almost none) I would pay the winner $3000 out of MY OWN POCKET. Where is the grey area here?

Old 02-15-2017, 12:06 AM   #827
FresnoTortoise
The Grey area is the word "produce." Does it mean breed in the eye of the law? I do not produce any albino, could mean I am not able obtain an albino this year.

I will be a better poster. Online posting does bring out the worse in me. I regret most if not all of the remarks I have made.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:23 AM   #828
Chris Kennard
He said produce, not obtain. You're reaching. Nice try.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #829
filenamex5100
people have been arrested and charged with possession of crack cocaine while selling crushed walnuts. its called "intent". welcome to the new world where we finally punish people for being deceptive.

TY is wrong. anyone who thinks otherwise must be under ty's kitchen table at dinner time for some dessert.

if anyone is implying that ty didn't actual mean hatch his own babies when he said "produce", that tells me that ty is a deceptive person and so are you. he, nor anyone else, can pick and choose when the word "produce" means anything else or benefits them at a given time.

there is no grey area! Ty said one of two things will happen for the winners. he can claim michelle is greedy or whatever else he wants to claim as a excuse. it doesn't matter if she told ty that she hates him and he cant read good or "ty" his shoes.....that still doesn't justify him not sending her the due prize or the auxiliary prize of $3000 cash. he cannot legally void the contract unless he has specific terms in place prior to accepting money that clearly state what will violate/void the contract.

Mitchell, you are 150% right in this deal. I'm with you. even if I wanted to settle the deal and accept a tegu from an unknown source, I couldn't. I'm too hard headed. Id go to the end of the earth to ruin him. I wouldn't be able to accept something he did produce at this point because I wouldn't trust that it was actually from him (nor would I want anything related to his name after all this). Id fight for the cash if I were you. By his own admission he didn't produce what he said were the prizes, right? regardless if he produced a high priced tegu, that's not what you signed up for so that means you are due $3000 cash.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:38 AM   #830
filenamex5100
ill also give an example of deception:

EXAMPLE:
1) you buy a captive born tegu produced by XXX seller through the classifieds. you pay, all is good, it ships. it arrives.
2) you contact the seller about the condition of the tegu which you now see is wild caught, scars, parasites, yada yada whatever.
3) you ask for a refund because it is clearly wild caught.
4) seller says "i produced one for you (out of thin air, cough cough) and sent it. nothing wrong there".
5) you upset now???? seller produced it right?!
6) my point exactly!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu