Terry Lilley - Tried selling me my own animal - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2003, 07:28 PM   #81
Laura Fopiano
It seems that this thread has strayed way off course, however, I can't let Ritchie's last post go with out my 2 cents.
Mr. Ferret I am proud and honored to have you serve our country!! it is because of men and woman in all of the armed forces that we have the freedom's that we are acustomed to!! and I'm glad that you are here in the States defending the home land!! keep up the good work and keep sniffing out the bad guys at home and on the BOI!!

Old 03-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #82
sputnik
FACE FACTS

The guy has issues!

What more can be said about someone that wants someone like ritchie dead in the desert?

Joel has issues, he stated himself that he "snapped," in his last post.... kinda reminds me of some of the wackos I see while watching forensic files!

I really don't think any of us will hear back from Lilley. He seems to be selling his reptile business. If he is half the success he makes out then why is he selling?

Old 03-19-2003, 07:44 PM   #83
HerpVenue
Quote:
I really don't think any of us will hear back from Lilley. He seems to be selling his reptile business. If he is half the success he makes out then why is he selling?
I don't know. Maybe he is selling because he needs the money for a lawyer.... Maybe someone reported him for smuggling or something. I wish I knew... I was thinking the exact same thing.

Lilley is SO successful and having a good ole time that he has decided to sell......hmmmmmm

Old 03-19-2003, 08:11 PM   #84
Draconem
Mr. Lilley said that he wants to sell his business so that he can open a reptile zoo here. I was very interested and asked him about it, (who wouldn't be excited about a herp zoo in their town!?) but apparently he is having problems getting money to build it.

Chelsie Romulo

Old 03-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #85
sputnik
reptile zoo

I don't know, it doesn't make much sense to me.... sell the "oh so successful business" to get into a business that gurantees little returns.

Many zoo's struggle to stay open!

The big zoo's have big financial backing, but a zoo starting out is a different story.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #86
Bobby Douglass
Thanks Joel, you just made it easy for anyone trying to find information on you easy to find it. I'm just kinda upset I didn't get made fun of for being a hillbilly too. After all, I grew up about two miles from where Dolly Parton grew up in the mountains of East Tennessee. I like to get on the bad side of people like you, it lets me know I'm doing something right. Ritchie, don't let him get to you. He wouldn't say it to your face.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #87
ms_terese
The Hillbillies Have It!

Darin and I are from the same neck of the same woods, so I guess I must be a hillbilly, too?

That must make my husband a Canadian Hillbilly......is that a new morph?

Joel, it's obvious that Fauna and the BOI are very important to you. Only something that matters to you could evoke such an emotional response.

But, back to the subject at hand........

If Mr. Lilley sells the entire entity, would the new owners become liable for any sort of legal action brought by customers prior to their ownership? I thought I read that there is current litigation pending against Mr. Lilley.

Old 03-19-2003, 11:03 PM   #88
Uffern
If litigation is current, then I doubt anything would carry to someone else who was not previously involved. Also, if someone has the money to pay that much, they have a decent lawyer who will make sure that Lilley's indiscretions remain his.

Old 03-20-2003, 05:41 PM   #89
evansnakes
Just a funny little thought I would like to share with you guys. Nearly every established business that is sold, is purchased because the new owner has the incoming benefit of getting the clientel and name recognition of an established brand instead of starting from scratch. WOW! In this case that is really one big bonus. Evan Stahl

Old 03-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #90
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
In SLO???

A reptile zoo in San Luis? Either Lilley was pulling your leg or he's a fool soon to be parted from his money. Just have a look at the Charles Padock Zoo in Atascadero, it's been struggling since I was a kid, and I'll bet it still is.........and they actually do have more than just reptiles. (In fact, if I recall, Atascadero had very few reptiles, but they have a Lion and a bear~ I remember when we got the 3 legged sun bear.....was quite the big deal in such a small town!)

That entire area is just a place to slow down on the 101 on your way to San Fransisco or LA. Tourists rarely stop there, and when the do it won't be for a "Zoo" when there is bigger and better not to far down the 101.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!