Bad Guy Nick Giavasis......Sellers Beware!! PayPal Buyers Remorse - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #81
robertmcphee
call log

Call log from 11-2 through 11-6
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #82
robertmcphee
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Robert... I think you have put enough evidence up to prove your case.
Thanks Kevin,
Just want to have all my bases covered. I don't like being called a LIAR! Out of all the crazy things said, being called a LIAR is what burns me the most!

Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #83
Wolfy-hound
Man.. If I were you I would have blanked out say the middle 3 numbers of each number not his. All those phone numbers posted on the net makes me nervous.

I think you've posted a ton of info for your side. He hasn't addressed any of the issues brought up to him.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #84
ilovemylizard
A few points, Nick...

--You are in Colorado. Robert needs good temps not only on his end, but at the hub between him and you, and in your state/area as well. I grew up in Eastern Colorado, and spent the last two years living out there...so you know as well as I do, the weather is absolutely insane...Colorado is like no other place on earth, and can have massive temperature swings within a matter of hours, not to mention over a period of days. I've scraped ice/snow off my windshield in the morning, had to change into shorts by noon, and then pulled off the I-70 interstate by evening because of thunderstorms and hail so bad I couldn't see the road. If you truly cared about boas as much as you say, you would never put a shipping date over their well being, period. A buyer who honestly cared about the animals, would be much more concerned about them arriving safely.

--you've stated if Robert now ships the boas, you will refuse them...really???? For someone who talks so much about how you and your family love boas, you sure have a funny way of showing it. (Not saying Robert would ever do this, just making a point)What if Robert had called your bluff, and shipped them anyway, Nick? If you are that determined to be right at the expense of those innocent lives, you really need to find a hobby that doesn't involve living things.

--You have this really high paying job, but you can't afford two days off? First of all, if you didn't have a confirmation from Robert for shipping, it's your fault, and totally on you, that you lost those days. You made the choice to take the days off, not Robert, and you have only yourself to blame for that one. Second, any job that pays as much as you are claiming you lost, would have paid personal days, or paid sick days you could have used, period. Nice try, but I'm not buying it. Lots of people have jobs...how about asking the seller to ship to your job, in a box marked 'perishable', I've done this for a number of my customers, so they wouldn't have to be home to get it.

I've never done business with Robert, but have read many of his posts on another forum I visit...from the professional way he conducts himself there, (and has on this thread) I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from him in the future. He has some really nice CA boas and I'd have already purchased from him if my own health and living situation weren't so screwed up right now.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #85
hhmoore
I have to comment on a few items in Heather's post - not because I care to side with Nick, but because they aren't necessarily realistic.

- Not every job offers paid time off.
- It isn't always possible to get scheduled time off at the last minute, and I can certainly relate to "wasted days" because of a change in plans.
- Calling in/out sick is not always a reasonable option. Many employers have explicit policies regarding unscheduled time off. As an example, 3 unscheduled absences in 3 months would be subject to disciplinary action in any of the places I have worked in my current field. (And Nick already took two days off in anticipation of delivery)
- Not everybody can get packages delivered to their workplace.

Again, these statements are simply regarding Heather's post, and there should be no implication of support for Nick read into any of them.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #86
Wolfy-hound
Nick also ASSUMED that the snakes were being shipped WITHOUT sending any confirmation that they could be shipped on the proposed dates. Since he'd already said he wasn't ready and needed time to make space, shipping them out blind without getting a confirmation would have been irresponsible on the part of the seller.
Since Nick got his 2 days off in a row with little to no prior notice(checking date of email asking if shipping those days was okay), then it shouldn't have been such a huge deal. It would have been better for him to take a whole minute to send a confirmation that he could receive the snakes on those days.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #87
DaveyFig
Even with Nick's argument that he sent money so obviously he wanted the snakes, this seems like buyer's remorse to me.

100's of snakes bought over the past few months, and the two days he had to take off of work for Robert's expected shipment (that wasn't confirmed) are the ones that matter? He says in one email that he hasn't taken time off in a couple years, thus the ski trip...but he received 100's of snakes? Who signed for those? I read that neighbors were involved in some of those. Why were neighbors enlisted for Robert's snakes? Why is it that Robert's shipment is the ONLY one where Nick had to take off work to be there personally, but didn't confirm that they were shipped? He plans to buy more snakes from Ben Seigel when he is refunded this money... Who will be there to receive those? Taking a day off? If so why not take a day off and accept the snakes he paid for? If not, why did he have to be there for Bob's?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #88
DaveyFig
Quote:
Why were neighbors enlisted for Robert's snakes?
should read "Why weren't"

Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #89
robertmcphee
Thank you to all who have shared in this post, whether you agree or disagree, I want to let you all know I appreciate your feed back and/or support.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #90
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcphee View Post
Thank you to all who have shared in this post, whether you agree or disagree, I want to let you all know I appreciate your feed back and/or support.
Just update this thread when you refund Nick and it seems like this is a non-issue, no matter how big a stink Nick wants to make about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!