Inquiry Precision Reptile Labs - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #81
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by citruslover View Post
I received my healthy Sambava female from Nick Tuesday, and I couldn't be happier with the animal or his service.....look for recent responses and weigh them equally.

....... more recent picture of his business and practices can be painted.

So, I will weigh Chad's post and your post equally.

On or about the 19th, Chad had a conversation with Nick after Nick had posted a malicious video about Chad's wife. According to Chad, Nick stated that he is in it for the money and that those that spend so much time and effort on their animals are fools.

You posted on the 20th that you had received your Sambava female from Nick (someone who is allegedly just in it for $$), and that there is no way of knowing if he she is what he claims. You also stated that there was increased risk considering price, and that if you wanted a guarantee on the locale, you would have paid $350 with someone else.

Congrats on your new non-descript female Panther, but when I decide who to purchase from, I err on the side of caution. While I believe in a person's ability to change, I do not believe that a person can be both a low-life and a gentleman simultaneously. Either you or Chad encountered a less than genuine Nick, and since you were the one he was trying to complete a sale with, I doubt you met the real Nick.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #82
ClayShack
Quote:
As to the purity of the morph, I can't be definitive any more than you can.
Actually, if I were to buy from Precision, you are right, I "can't be blah... blah ... blah ..." It is also not the point. Each of us actually can find ways to make a more definitive purchase.

I don't think people here take issue with your purchase. Its coming here to chastise those who had issues with Nick that is troubling. If everything negative about the seller were in the past, and you wanted to urge that others give him the benefit of the doubt now, there's at least some Good Samaritan logic there. A lot of the negative is current though, and you berate others for pointing that out.

Good luck with your chameleon. Will hope that all works out, and that Nick gets out of the video business.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #83
Roni013
The mere fact that Nick has so much negativaty attached to his name would make me not want to buy from him. Add to that that he pubilcy made fun of a beautiful girl (Chad's wife) and some of the horrible and unprofessional things he has done and said I would say please spend your money elsewhere. Thier are lots of great breeders who care about thier animals and try and run a respectable buisness. I'd rather pay any extra amount of money to know my pet came from a good place and person. Lets not support the people who are neither!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #84
SPJ
Quote:
If I wanted a picture of the sire, and the genetic back round of my panther, I would have payed 350.00 to someone else.
Face it. You went cheap and didn't care who gave you the lower price.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #85
citruslover
brutal

I'm not really sure how I became the topic, or my decision process, but it becomes difficult to see through the hate when you lash out at someone with something positive to say. I wasn't judging the merit of anyone's grievances, or questioning posters ethics.

I don't have a lot of extra money to buy my wife a panther. It is in better care now, regardless where it came from. This is one of the few times I have posted on these boards to give a report on business practices as I have seen them. I believe the purpose of this forum is for reference to professional interaction with buyers and sellers, not to commit or incite personal attacks.

God bless and good luck,

Jeff Crider

Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #86
Vegas Chad
Take a look at this video posted in a public place on the same account that is used to promote his business. I mean really... What kind of person would throw out the ‘N’ word like that at all let alone on your business account... Listen at the end. WoW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tRuEzVgYKQ

Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #87
MikeCurtin
Quote:
I'm not really sure how I became the topic, or my decision process, but it becomes difficult to see through the hate when you lash out at someone with something positive to say. I wasn't judging the merit of anyone's grievances, or questioning posters ethics.

I don't have a lot of extra money to buy my wife a panther. It is in better care now, regardless where it came from. This is one of the few times I have posted on these boards to give a report on business practices as I have seen them. I believe the purpose of this forum is for reference to professional interaction with buyers and sellers, not to commit or incite personal attacks.

God bless and good luck,

Jeff Crider
I'll try to address these issues in order. You somewhat became the topic after you criticized those who spoke negatively for not weighing Nick's transactions evenly. I, in response, weighed your experience with that of VegasChad's because of the fact that they took place simultaneously. I wasn't hateful, nor did I lash out. And yes...you did judge the merits of previous posters' greivances.

In addition, it was merely pointed out to you that given the very recent ethics displayed by Nick, that any doubts you may have as to the locale of any Panther can be magnified. If possible, could you please point out where you felt personally attacked? It seems to me that people (myself included) simply pointed out that you chose to deal with someone of questionable ethics, both past and present (he lied on this very thread by using an alias!), to save a few bucks. When you come out to defend someone who has a history such as Nick's, you've got to expect some backlash.

Although I tried (and think I succeeded) to be friendly yet honest in my posting, if I've said anything to offend you, I apologize. It was not my intent to attack you. Having said that, take what I said as simply food for thought in the future. I do hope your wife enjoys her new panther (mine's getting some new tarantulas for Christmas). We're lucky to have the wives we do!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #88
ForkedTung
Quote:
Precision Reptile Labs
Banned

Well that's a good thing considering Nick has more experience and education than 85% of this entire forum.
Quote:
If your calling this JOKE WEBSITE Nicks Reputation, your an idiot. Nick is EXTREMELY well known and respected in our industry by the KEY players. And his legal issues have been over. Fauna is a Joke, its a crappy generic wannabe King Snake that dosent make any money(Like you mike), and is very poorly moderated.
I am finished with this BS.
Quote:
we all know that in our industry there are some WAKO customers. They don't know crap about business or animals for that matter. Facts are, this BOI will not effect our business at all
Quote:
As for the guy who said not to showcase my animals, he can kiss my you know what.
Quote:
Nobody ever buys from Fauna anyway, its just a child's play site for Losers to vent there frustrations and pick fights from behind a keyboard.
citruslover:
Quote:
and a more recent picture of his business and practices can be painted.

Jeff Crider
I think a more recent picture of his business and practices can be painted. quite well by how he has performed here on this forum, his verbal diarrhea, insults, petty and childish attacks, not to mention the disgusting attacks against another members wife are a pretty good indicator of the type of personality we're dealing with here.
And as to his animals:
Quote:
You should ask Local Reptile dealers such as Underground Reptiles, Strictly Reptiles
Nice business reference, Strictly Reptiles? How many "breeders/importers" have books written about them? excerpt from The Lizard King by Bryan Christy:
Quote:
Freelance writer Christy's debut is an enthusiastic but scattered chronicle of the rise and fall of a lizard kingpin and the federal agent who pursued him. Mike Van Nostrand inherited Strictly Reptiles, an import-export business in Florida, from his father, Ray, turning it into a multimillion-dollar smuggling operation. Van Nostrand imported reptiles of all shapes and sizes, usually concealed in the suitcases or clothing of his mules, and sold them to collectors and pet stores. He exploited loopholes in the international treaty on endangered-species trade and paid off corrupt officials. In the early 1990s, Fish and Wildlife Services agent Chip Bepler set his sights on Van Nostrand. After Bepler's years of surveillance and hard work, Van Nostrand was sentenced to eight months in prison, his export license revoked, and Strictly Reptiles was forced to pay $250,000 in fines to a wildlife fund.
It's these types of people that drag herpetoculture down!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #89
jayfischerherps
DBA question

I have a question.
I tried to look up Precision Reptile Lab in the DBA and found nothing. But I did find it in the LLC listing with owner name of Jerry Abel.
The general flavor on this BOI is that Jerry is really Nick. It does seem like there is a Jerry. I was just curious if the name was truly registered, since there are so many that can't be looked up on Kingsnake. I am meaning the ones that use only a first name to post classifieds with no way of checking the business quality. I also don't see that Dark Forrest ever registered.
Here's the link that was registered on 9/15/08
.http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...s_filing_type=

Jay and Amanda Fischer

Old 11-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #90
KNOBTAIL
If in fact

athere is a Jerry Abel, then you can be assured that is where Nick is probably being financed (the money source) as well as having permits issued under the Abel banner.. I dont think Nick would qualify for anything with his past experiences and trouble with the law, as an outstanding member of the herp community... Its amazing that these people seem to migrate here in So. Fla.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!