BEWARE of Jason SWEIGART @Classic Dums!! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #81
Classic Dum's
Quote:
I don't think I'll be the only one to put you on the don't do business with list as a result of your true nature being brought to the fore here.
Sorry you dont have a sense of humor.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:34 PM   #82
Adam Block
Jason, get to the point! I love people that turn things around to take the attention off themselfs.

1) The link to that missing thread is right above you. Do you have anything to say about your all around ranting for a year that Rich deleted the thread?

2) If you know somebody that I owe money to that doesn't know where they stand with me, that would be ripping them off. If so, I don't know of it so please inform us all my wise friend.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:46 PM   #83
Wilomn
I know, as do many others here, that I have a sense of humor. You have doubtlessly laughed at some of my posts right here on fauna yourself, if you haven't then it is you who have no sense of humor.

But, now that I know what kind of person you TRULY are, I will not put money in your pocket.

It was wrong of you to steal that name then, it is wrong now and no matter how long or loud or hard you say otherwise, it will remain wrong. You went into another man's house, so to speak, were accepted as a guest and allowed to join in with the family.

You then took information to the primary antagonist of your host.
Bad form, not nice, wrong.

Wes Pollock

Old 10-13-2003, 11:48 PM   #84
Classic Dum's
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is also nobody I owe anything close to $500!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you 100% sure about this????:
Theres the question Adam a simple yes or no will do. And dont ever call me again!!!!

Old 10-13-2003, 11:59 PM   #85
Adam Block
I just got off the phone with Jason and I'm honestly rather disapointed in myself. I promised myself as well as my family I would spend my time on here helping and stay on the lighter side of the BOI.

I enjoy being agumentitive very much and found myself in that type of conversation with Jason. After hanging up my intention was to go on here and act like the old Adam Block. However I've done that and know what comes of it.

I have an amazing wife and I'm blessed with three wonderful and healthy kids. I owe my time to them if I can't at least be a healthy contributor to a thread.

With that I'm going to bow out of this thread. Good luck to you Jason, I hope this all goes where you want it to.

If there are any other issues you have with me and you feel the need, start another thread about me.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:09 AM   #86
Classic Dum's
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO and he backs down. On the phone I told you to answer with a simply yes or no to my question your last words prior to me hanging up on you were "Im on my way to do it" and here you are running. HAAAAAAAAAAAA. So one last time I am going to ask
Quote:
quote:
There is also nobody I owe anything close to $500!

Are you 100% sure about this????::
Adam hears you choices.
1.you can call my bluff and I look like a HUGE ass and even prove Gilbert right with his claims that I make things up that I cant back up. Wouldnt you and gilbert be loving that!

2.Or I can back it up and you once again are proven a liar. What will it be???

3.or you can tuck tail and run. Although I am sure youll tuck tail and run as you seem to be very good at that!

Old 10-14-2003, 12:21 AM   #87
Wilomn
jason, you already look like a huge ass

Wes Pollock

Old 10-14-2003, 12:32 AM   #88
Classic Dum's
Quote:
jason, you already look like a huge ass
And you have no sense of humor, go away!

Adam Im sure your new found buddy Gilbert would LOVE for you to prove him right obviously Wess here would love it to. So come on lets anny up and see what card Im holding.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #89
Wilomn
Hey kennyboy, er jason, I don't take orders from you.

I'm pretty sure this thread is about you. Surely someone with such a wonderful wit and such massive intelligence as yourself would know this fact, a fact that even one so simple and dull as I most obviously am, since one so all knowing as yourself has said so thereby making it true, figured out all by his lonsome.

Get off the adam wagon, this is your mess jason.

Wes Pollock

Old 10-14-2003, 01:10 AM   #90
WebSlave
Just for the record, I have NEVER deleted a thread because of a request from someone, be it a close friend or my worst enemy. If I have ever deleted a thread, it was because it deserved to be deleted on it's own lack of merit for being here, and usually it was expected by all involved.

I have on occasion merged threads together, and sometimes separated one thread into two, which can certainly cause a problem for someone searching for a thread based solely on the title. These operations are done when needed to try to preserve at least some semblance of keeping threads on track, but even then, it is a hopeless task to try to tackle.

I have also edited the topic line of a thread when it was very inflammatory or the names were spelled incorrectly, which would foil the search engine's attempts to find the thread.

Jason, to even hint that I would delete a thread for someone simply because they have an interest in firearms, as I do, is completely ludicrous. THERE IS NO ONE ON THIS EARTH THAT I WOULD DELETE A THREAD FOR JUST BECAUSE THEY ASKED ME TO DO SO. The closest I ever came to doing so was back in the previous edition of the BOI when someone was threatened with a lawsuit if I did not delete their thread. And even then, after much thought, I decided to intervene and talk directly to the two people involved to mediate the situation rather than delete the thread.

If my own wife posted something on the BOI and then later asked me to delete it, I WOULD REFUSE. And I think it is fairly common knowledge that no one on this earth means as much to me than she does. So delete a thread because of a common interest in firearms, yeah, right.....

Have I deleted threads? Why certainly! But I do not keep notes on them and couldn't tell you which ones have been deleted nor why they were deleted.

Have threads gotten lost? Why yes, they have. I believe some got lost during the transition from Ikonboard to vBulletin. There was also at least one that got lost during a MySQL 4.0 incompatibility problem with the version of CPanel/WebHostManager I was using. Fortunately that one was recovered, but were there more? I would be surprised if there were NOT. I don't believe there is such a thing as a completely perfect computer program, and there are a LOT of them running on my server right at this instant just for you to be able to read this message.

As for the backup situation, yes, I do backups of the database every night. But each backup file is around 400 megabytes (and growing daily), so I do not keep them archived for very long. The backup files is simply to be able to recover from a server disaster, and was never intended to be an archive or repository of older snapshots of the server. In the case of a hard drive failure, I do not want to lose more than 24 hours, so I take the time and trouble to do my backups. As far as keeping ALL of the copies of the backups ever created, I can seen no practical reason to do something like that at all.

Personally, I thought this was all behind us. I have seen things you posted on Mario's site, Jason, and felt it was pretty far off base. As for that crack about me "investing" money from donations that you overheard at a restaurant, heck I can't hear someone clearly sitting across the table from me and you overheard everything from a distance? Do you REALLY think the donations I have gotten will even pay my lease on my servers for a year? Much less pay for the programming I have had done just to this site alone? And do you think the advertising I have done (flyers, search engine links, show program ads, etc, were all for free?

Heck, I guess I should have continued maintaining that list of donations and contributors so you could add them all up to see what you came up with as a total figure. It would not even pay for ONE of my servers for a year. Invest? Yeah, right.....

In all truthfullness, ALL of this stuff is a huge financial drain on my SerpenCo business, which is actually footing all of the bills. But at least I can write the loss off as a business expense because each of the sites are sporting my Sponsored by: SerpenCo banner.

Jason, no offense, but check into the cost of leasing a dedicated server, buying the software I am running on it, hiring talented programming staff to do the modifications you now see, and tell me what you come up with as a dollar figure. This site is NOT run on one of those $10 per month domain hosting specials you see advertised, by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know what you think you overheard, but I am certain it is not what you are saying it was. I cannot remember any such conversation verbatim, but I do recall saying to someone that I did not know whether to put the money donated initially (which has since dropped off substantially) into just prepaying the server for a year (I only had one at the time), get a bigger, faster server, or put it into paying a programmer to help me out with the mods I wanted done. This may have been before I added the Chat system as well as the design changes you now see. None of that was for free, by the way. Sorry, but I just don't remember the details of some insignificant dinner conversation. But I do believe I was talking to Doug Barr at the time, since we normally go to dinners with Doug and Mikki at shows, so if you would like, ask him about it. If there was anyone else with us at the time, I simply don't remember them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!