Bad Guy pendragon_j Jonathan Hammond - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #81
JCCS
Rob, the funds are sent by the buyer first, of course. And in normal situations, I think that the buyer should return the animals first. In this case, the seller misrepresented the animals he sent, and has therefore shown that he's untrustworthy in this transaction. Before I sent the small amount of leverage I had in this transaction back, I'd want to be refunded.

Chris

Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #82
reptilebaby
I just cannot wrap my mind around that someone would treat (or not treat) a smake that way. That being said I about started crying when I saw the condition of him. I have always dreamed of owning a piebald ball python...and to see my dream snake so poorly cared for...when I would have treated him like royalty...DANG! I mean, I don't like seeing ANY animal mistreated, but when you have a special liking for a particular one...You know how it is!

I cannot beleive that anyone would have thought that poor thing was fit for sale. He desperately needed a vet. That poor tail. He looked like he was in pain!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #83
reptilebaby
*snake not SMAKE*

Old 02-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #84
pendragon_j
I'm not going to send the money first. Under no circumstances and I don't care how many people think I am a bad guy for it. I will give her a refund but I will not give up my little bit of leverage either. I made a compromise when I thought the deal was fair. I won't budge on this.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #85
reptilebaby
You don't HAVE any leverage in reality. Honestly I'm shocked that you think you have leverage at all!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #86
pendragon_j
Her money is leverage I get the snakes back.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #87
JCCS
The way I see it, Jonathan, the only thing that you've compromised is her collection with mites from who knows where. You screwed this whole transaction up, and it's on you to fix it. I know you don't like taking the risk, but you made her take the risk when you sent her inferior snakes with a mite infestation. If it had been a simple thing that someone could have overlooked, I'd say that she needs to send the snake back.

Be a grown up and send her the money, I am quite sure she will happily send those snakes back. I know I would. It's called a sign of good faith, it will go a long way towards redeeming yourself on this thread.

Chris

Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #88
reptilebaby
That's not leverage. She has leverage against you. Doing this is totally destroying YOUR reputation. And very soon you'll be on everyone's do not buy from list.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #89
pendragon_j
I've made my offer. Up to her if she wants to take it or not.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #90
Snake-Queen
How about this.... You send her a prepaid shipping label to ship the snakes back to you & check the tracking info. When snakes are in transit, you refund the money.

If anything, you should send her either a prepaid shipping label or the money to ship, especially if you expect her to ship to you first.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!