kingsnake.com Bad Business practices. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #81
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
You are very naive if you believe that. Your average run of the mill tweaker usually is in possession of hundreds when they are arrested. Your more sophisticated criminal has access to thousands or tens of thousands. It's quite easy to get the information.

Just so they could use them to buy a couple of classified accounts on some website and sell a couple hundred dollars worth of nothing before they get caught ? (assuming they could get that far... people do wait for checks to clear, and people do report stolen credit cards). I would think someone who was seriously into that side of thievery would go in a different direction than trying to set themselves up as a fly by night herp seller.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 PM   #82
bigman466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Now that is not true. They have always responded to me within a day or two - NOT WEEKS - unless you are emailing the wrong person. You don't email the site coordinator or ceo or photo gallery person about classified stuff... you email the classified abuse coordinator about classified stuff.

And as to it all boiling down to making more money.. please explain that to me. One does NOT have to pay to become a registered business on the site. There is no money involved. And don't say it's all the money coming from those few people with multiple businesses having to buy extra accounts for each business, that's BS.. that particular policy has been in effect for some number of years.

Well thats good that you never had any problems with KS.Iam happy for you. It wasn't the same for me.An I know for sure I emailed te right people.As for as the money part every business owner is out to make money, if not why have a business.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #83
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman466
Well thats good that you never had any problems with KS.Iam happy for you. It wasn't the same for me.An I know for sure I emailed te right people.As for as the money part every business owner is out to make money, if not why have a business.

I can tell you one thing...if you email them, and have the slightest attitude , they aren't going to waste their time getting back to you.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #84
mrbommarito
Homegrown – Thank you for reinforcing what I stated earlier.

No one is owed any special treatment but those companies that stay professional even through the worst discrepancies are the ones that people respect the most.

Most of us have had disagreements with companies whether it is in regards to opinion, money or services. Some arguments you will walk away from thinking nothing was accomplished and some arguments, regardless of you are a jerk or not, because of professionalism and customer service skills, you will leave that argument satisfied.

This is the norm for companies now, practice good interpersonal relationship skills and you will always be able to manage different personalities at your business to keep and provide a positive experience for all.

Kingsnake will never be this!

That is why the possibility is there for someone to build a site that can rival theirs. I mean, can someone honestly tell me it can’t be done? I’m sure the path is not easy but neither is breeding reptiles. Building a site that would rival Kingsnake would also have GREAT financial rewards and can you imagine how many connections you would build?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #85
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbommarito
Homegrown – Thank you for reinforcing what I stated earlier.

No one is owed any special treatment but those companies that stay professional even through the worst discrepancies are the ones that people respect the most.

Most of us have had disagreements with companies whether it is in regards to opinion, money or services. Some arguments you will walk away from thinking nothing was accomplished and some arguments, regardless of you are a jerk or not, because of professionalism and customer service skills, you will leave that argument satisfied.

This is the norm for companies now, practice good interpersonal relationship skills and you will always be able to manage different personalities at your business to keep and provide a positive experience for all.

Kingsnake will never be this!

That is why the possibility is there for someone to build a site that can rival theirs. I mean, can someone honestly tell me it can’t be done? I’m sure the path is not easy but neither is breeding reptiles. Building a site that would rival Kingsnake would also have GREAT financial rewards and can you imagine how many connections you would build?
I think you mis understood my statement.

If you email them with a problem, and deal with in a professional manner you will get a response from them. But if in dealing with your problem you come across with an attitude, you will most likely not hear from them.

And they ( just like anyone else ) shouldn't have to deal with anyone having an attitude. Hell...were supposed to be "professional" right ?

They run their sight they way they see fit , either you like it or you don't.
If there are people out there that can do better, nothing is stopping them from starting their own site.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #86
WebSlave
Quote:
I believe that the evidence answering your question is literally all around you.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #87
Wraith
Quote:

http://market.kingsnake.com/tos.php#10

Quote:
Please keep in mind that by registering and using our sites and services, you are agreeing that you have read, and will abide by, our Terms of Service. PetHobbyist.com reserves the right the right to edit, move, or remove any advertisements posted to our classifieds at our discretion.

Being Abusive/Belligerent/Argumentative to Staff - All of the services we provide, whether in classifieds or forums, we provide as a service, and grant you the privilege to use them. If you violate that privilege, either knowingly or unknowingly, we may contact you and ask you to stop. If you persist or become abusive, belligerent, or argumentative with an employee, we have the right and the ability to revoke your classified account and other site privileges and cancel your services.

Our employees are doing their jobs and being abused is not part of the job. No customer or business pays us enough money to be abused, and we have no time to deal with abusive individuals or companies. There are now a number of people who have lost their access by being abusive. If you receive a warning about an ad or a message board post, or find your ads or posts missing, think twice before you hit the send key.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #88
mrbommarito
While the site here is great, and you will find smaller names as myself and medium size breeders and dealers but I have yet to see many of the top names in the reptile business visit this site. I also believe that more people move their animals through Kingsnake then they do here.

Don't get me wrong, I like it here mainly because people are free to express their opinion without having retributions but there can always be improvements made.

Like I stated before "no one is owed special treatment". I know that Kingsnake does not have to go out of the way to satisfy anyone. I was not saying that they should be forced to. Everyone has the right to give as much of them as they want. Just like the guy that goes to work and only does what is required and believes that he/she should get promoted because they have been there a long time and then comes in a new guy with great communication skills and gets promoted fairly quickly. People who refuse to give much of themselves are usually the ones that do not get promoted to management, after all how are they going to effectively going to communicate with so many different personalities?

If business logic has showed us anything is that companies ran by persons with great communication and understanding are the ones that fare the best.

Since Kingsnake wants to conduct business in their fashion, which they are entitled to, then they will go as far as people will allow them. Right now they are the main because they were one of the first in a hobby so recent. However, with the hobby growing and with so many entrepreneurs looking in our direction it is a matter of time before someone realizes, hey I can do what they do plus give a little more.

My point is not to tell people not to visit Kingsnake, everyone has different standards. However coming from a management background, I don’t agree with. I don’t agree with the “this is the way it is and if you don’t like it then **** off” approach. Maybe they will learn to open a Dale Carnegie or Stephen Covey book and learn to conduct business at its best.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #89
mrbommarito
Since people were getting technical on the Kingsnake TOS, I just found out that my account was suspended. Can someone please tell me how posting an opinion in a forum on another site violates the TOS?

Those guys are a joke! I lost even more respect for them now. I hope someone builds a site that takes money out of their pockets so that they realize they can't bully people around.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #90
bcherps
I totally understand KS TOS(which they don't always follow), and I will have to agree that abuse should not be part of thier mod's job. However, I feel that asking them to explain thier actions, and stand up for thier threats to the customer is not abuse.

KS just feels that all questions about them, thier TOS, or thier major backers is abuse, and then they ban you to silence you.

Thanks
ben

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!