Experience with KINGSNAKE Website - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #81
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyRes
They seem to make exceptions for established lines - such as "Abbott Okeekee" or "Lemke line Axanthic" but those are well established lines.

Anyway - that's my two cents. It's fair to disagree with the TOS but if an add is pulled for a TOS violation, then it was fairly pulled.
The issue is not selling animals that are from a certain line. They pulled an ad that was honest about who was involved in a breeding project, then justified their actions by saying that the animals belonged to the other party. They are sticking their nose were it does not belong.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #82
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
The issue is not selling animals that are from a certain line. They pulled an ad that was honest about who was involved in a breeding project, then justified their actions by saying that the animals belonged to the other party. They are sticking their nose were it does not belong.

There good at that over at KS. I think everyone knows that. LOL

Hell they booted me a few years back, I mean deleted my in my entirety, just because I spoke out to one of their "knighted" regulars. That's how they operate. If you donate enough money, you are a god. The more you donate, the bigger god you are, the more you get away with.

I don't like that place much any more. I refused to pay for their classifieds for years..........but, like mentioned, they do get the traffic to sell animals. And that forced me to break my vow this year, and pay for a sub to the classifieds. As a result, I sold a couple animals. The only animals that have sold for me through any classifieds this year in fact.

Like I said, I don't care for that site much anymore. But it does serve it's purpose, just as the BOI serves it's purpose.

My 2¢
Rick

Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #83
nocturnal1
I read *almost* the entire thread and I see mention of other good herping sites but no names given (I may have missed it). What other highly recommended sites are there?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #84
FunkyRes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal1
I read *almost* the entire thread and I see mention of other good herping sites but no names given (I may have missed it). What other highly recommended sites are there?
Some of them offer some similar features as this site and therefore it would be kind of rude to mention them here.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #85
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal1
Take the time to look for the names (as they are mentioned) but we've been told by Webslave not to go there again as to do so is a bit too off topic.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #86
snakemom1961
I'm one of those "Lurkers". I do enjoy reading the BOI and rarely comment(as you can see by the number of posts I have). But I can see why some would not want to come here to comment for the "Pack mentality" of this place at times. Heaven forbid you make a spelling error or forget to space your post into paragraphs. That to me is what alot of people may be turned off by. The petty little things that regulars will jump on, if there is nothing else to get riled about.

Either way I will continue to be a Lurker until the time I choose to buy and I will come here to research the breeder and see what kind of record he/she has.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #87
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961
I'm one of those "Lurkers". I do enjoy reading the BOI and rarely comment(as you can see by the number of posts I have). But I can see why some would not want to come here to comment for the "Pack mentality" of this place at times. Heaven forbid you make a spelling error or forget to space your post into paragraphs. That to me is what alot of people may be turned off by. The petty little things that regulars will jump on, if there is nothing else to get riled about.

Either way I will continue to be a Lurker until the time I choose to buy and I will come here to research the breeder and see what kind of record he/she has.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...8&postcount=79

Old 08-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #88
Suncoast Herpetological
Mr. Harb

Would it be possible for you to post copies of both the original ad text and the Email you sent after the ad was pulled?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #89
Chance
Quote:
therefore it would be kind of rude to mention them here.
Isn't it a bit odd to complain about KS not allowing mention of competing websites there, then chastising someone for doing the same thing here? Not that you, FunkyRes, did the complaining about KS, but just in general.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #90
Dennis Hultman
There is not a rule but there is a perfectly good forum to discuss other websites in general.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=467

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!