Erik Stoops. Center for Reptile and Amphibian research bad guy so far. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #81
Wilomn
John, as much as I hate to say it, it does violate the third party rule.

Most likely your post will be deleted.

Got to follow the rules even when sticking it to the scumbags.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #82
John E Dove
I fear you are correct Mr. Pollock but did send a PM of explanation to Dr. Owens.
If it is deleted then it is deleted but my conscience is clear on the matter since I at least made the attempt without compromising my ethical obligation.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #83
Chameleon Company
Couldn't help myself ..

Quote:
Donnie writes:
Mr. Cole will be advised of by our council.
Help me out here. Would that be the circle-jerk of you folks sitting around like Beavis and Butthead, a "council" of the clueless ? Or would that be your "Counsel". Thanks in advance ..... eejit ....

Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #84
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghi Reptiles

I don't know about this one Donnie

According to a pm that Ari sent me on this very forum he is not associated with your organization:

Hey Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Matt, sorry for the long dealy on the canary pics my friiend I have been dealing with some issues if you havent herd and I havent seen the animals in some time to take any new images for you. I moved to Texas to start a new life with my soon to be wife and work on my own research. Sounds like I got out in the nick of time. Hope all is well. I spoke to Micheal as well he is a very nice guy! Not guilty buy association. Take care.

Ari

Anything else you would care to add Donnie? And hey Ari...looks like you made the right choice!
I agree. I always thought Ari was a pretty stand up guy from what I saw of him on another forum. Of course one never really knows.

Donnie, I will say that from what I have seen, my opinion is that you're a moron and a fool. Defamation, slander, and libel are all civil matters. While there may be criminal libel statutes still on the books in some states, they are virtually never enforced and most certainly would not be based upon what has been said here.

What people wonder is how you manage a collection in the southwest from your residence in New York. Does seem odd now doesn't it?

Oh, and guys, I suspect that deflamation is putting out fires. Problem is that Donnie the moron is throwing gasoline on this one.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #85
BenSiegelReptiles
het albino chondros---too funny

Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #86
Ballroom
I would like to add a bit more to this discussion .. as I am just seeing todays interesting posts... I would like to still say to Mr. Stoops that still the most efficient way for this to end with some dignity you, your company and your associates is just simply to fess up to the fact that you owe me for a snake that you bought, pay for it and pay the others you have not paid properly for their animals and the other deals you made regardless of all the other issues you may claim . You bought a snake from me . You knew its condition when you got it, before you got it. And were satisfied with the animal enough to promise payment for it both before and after its unfortunate demise several months later..
Its simple pay your debts When you do it will be posted that you did for all to see. and public outcry's for your removal from the reptile community will probably cease.
Since this started I have received only one e-mail correspondence from you . As you see it did not change my resolve. You could claim that you do not have anything to do with Smart guy Donnie's posts here and dismiss them as his overzealous personal opinions. Or you can ride his coattails in the ***deflaming***of your companies reputation. the choice is yours.
I unfortunately have been involved in other matters that involved legal issues and some of them still ongoing and also some not yet started. If you want to persue this in a legal arena , I will gladly supply my lawyers address for service..
Michelle R Donahue
Cypress Square
545 avenue K. Southeast
Winterhaven, FL 33880
I am sure yours is about 250 per hour like mine... a big waste of money for both of us. But hey at least we can both stand our ground and make them rich while personally getting nowhere...

On the subject of Associates to the Center. Please all of you readers note that just because someone contributed information or animals or money or time to the center that does not mean that they are actually associated and or have any current affiliation or say in the operations of the center. I for one was promised several times (unsolicited I must add) that I would be mentioned in the acknowledgements for the animals I sold to the center...
If they had put me on there as Erik said he would .. I would be on that list And all I did was sell them animals ...
This does not make them guilty by association... It should make them want to tell Mr. Stoops to get their names off of his web site and or take care of his problems that have now gotten their good names dragged into this mess because of him.
Currently I know of only two People with the center that I Have actual issue with .
1 Erik Stoops..the owner
2 Don Taylor. And until he involved himself in this thread. I had no problem with him either...
The choices we make in life Erik define us...What will the Erik Stoops Chronicles be like when this is all over??

Old 01-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #87
Ballroom
Ben,
Your Killing Me....

Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #88
Wolfy-hound
According to my brother, who is a federal accreditted attorney(he will be argueing in front of the supreme court later this year, briefly and in conjunction with the other members of his group, but still...) you, researcher, or collections manager, or whatever you call yourself.... are full of poo.
That's the legal term too. "Full of poo."
Why is it so hard to simply pay the bill you incurred? Now you've caused the entire Center to be seen as a group of whiny scammers.
I do hope that you decide to do right by your initial BUSINESS DEAL, and PAY your bill. Mr Cole deserves his money. Spouting off vague threats of legal action(none of which are even correct) just serves to show that you are full of poo.
Good luck to all who were scammed.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #89
LauraB
Mr. Taylor ...

This has got to be the funniest thing I've read lately:
Quote:
The Centers legal firm has been monitoring this for a week and do to the lack of unprofessionalism we are already in process of filing legal action against Mr. Cole and his company.We also have all relevant information of the parties who made unprofessional,slanderous remarks against the Center and it's principals.The snake issue is a civil matter which usually means it would have to be settled in the state the snake was sent or perished in.Slander,deflamation of character and misuse of private material and a host of others is a criminal matter that is prosecutable in either state which Mr. Cole will be advised of by our council.Calling our organization and it's principals a thief or a con artist on a public forum is a criminal matter and will be prosecuted as such.According to our firm we are entitled to excessive monetary damages.In todays political correctness,society you have to be careful what you say on a public forum,because under the law parties can sue for misrepresentation of thought.
If the "Center's" legal firm has been monitoring this for a week now, one thing is certain. They would have advised you, Mr. Taylor, to refrain from posting your nonsensical drivel, as it's painfully clear the "Center" is in dire need of a new spokesperson!
"do to the lack of unprofessionalism", "deflamation", "counsil", "misrepresentation of thought", "misuse of private material" ??
It makes for such amusing reading, like a kid trying to use great big words they don't even understand.

That legal team also should have advised you that any LIBEL or DEFAMATION (there is no such word as deflamation, by the way) lawsuit certainly cannot be based solely upon this thread alone but also by FACTS surrounding the creation of this thread. The facts being that Erik agreed, in writing, to provide replacement snakes, to wit:
April, 2007:"When I get back I will send you a nice critter box .. Also There will be more animals surplus all summer long, so get ready."

Sept, 2007:"I will be able to send you several high end surplus snakes in October, as discussed before" .. "You will be contacted either by me Ari or Donnie, in a few weeks to let you know what we are sending you to take care of the issue on the third dead boelens male What I will sending you will be worth more then 2750.00 so you will be able to re coup your loss".

That never happened, Mr. Taylor. Neither Erik, nor Ari, nor you ever followed through on the written promises made by Erik, written promises that could easily be construed as contractual in a court of law. Neither Erik, nor Ari, nor you have disputed any of the FACTS. Ari, it's been revealed, has wisely left the "Center", so has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Only you have posted here as the official Center representative and strong-arm, threatening a lawsuit only after Michael posted his FACTUAL and valid complaint here (and frankly, you may be a fine researcher but your strong-arm attempts are laughable at best).

Quote:
In todays political correctness,society you have to be careful what you say on a public forum,because under the law parties can sue for misrepresentation of thought.
Well, I've never heard of "misrepresentation of thought" (better talk to your legal team again about that one), but you are correct ... you really should be careful what you say on a public forum, Mr. Taylor. The FACTS do not support any manner of slander/libel/deflamation/defamation/host of others/whatever-other-junk-we-can-come-up-with legal action against Mr. Cole. Erik Stoops has defamed himself, with your help of course, Mr. Taylor.

Pay Michael Cole what he is owed.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #90
Chameleon Company
Donnie,
I confess that your posts here raised some exceedingly interesting points of debate. So once again, I reach out. In the same vein as "tastes great, less filling", my Saturday night poker gang (there are six of us), have found ourselves all in a knot ... a statstical quandary, if you will, that would otherwise be all tied up "3-3". The debate is this. Are you dumb as a stump, or stupid as $hit. Neither side will budge. If you were worth the effort (Praise God, you are not !), we might even come to blows over this one. So, can we have a volunteer .. someone to break the tie ? All who care to can be honorary members of the Saturday night beer and poker council (or is it "counsel" .. in all the stupidity, we've lost track .... will someone douse the deflames for us). So, which is it .. "less filling" or "tastes great" ... I'm sorry .. "dumb as a stump" or "stupid as feces". As usual, I thank you in advance.

Great post Laura.

Look at the really bright side Donnie, btw, if your lawyer took 15 minutes to read this and another 15 minutes to digest it, you just spent about $125 ! I'll take two cards and a Bud Lite. Thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!