Another disillisioned past contributor - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 AM   #81
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
LAME.......What the hell are warning points for then???

This site is all about generating as much flow as possible. Getting banned is absolutely silly in alot of instances and is ridiculous to have to pay a $10 fine.

Why don't you delete the posts if you really want to clean the site up? More than likely people won't keep posting over and over if they see that their posts are getting removed for violating policy.

Cleaning up I guess has a wholenother meaning.........
Well have you been living in a cave? Didn't you happen to notice that the warning points without any teeth behind them just weren't working? People were having a real good time racking up the warning points when there was no real penalty involved. I decided to change that. And so far I think the changes have been an improvement in the overall tone of this site. Some people were just slower to get the hint then others.

Just keep on deleting posts? Get real, please. Do you think I don't have anything better to do with my time, and I can just sit around all day long simply deleting posts? Sorry, but no. My intent is to get to the root of the problems and address it in that manner. If it takes fines and suspensions, or even outright banning, then that is just what I need to do.

Thank you for telling me what this site is all about. If all I want is just traffic, the best thing I could do is to just make this one big HELL forum. THAT would do it, for certain. However, I have a better plan for it, I think. In short, this site is not going to be able to cater to everyone, and that is a fact. So I will cater to the ones who act in a professional and adult manner without the derogatory crap that has soiled this site. They are welcome to be here, while those that are not inclined to fit in and make this site better, will likely be better off elsewhere. The $10 per infraction is incentive for them to make that move if they feel they can't learn the lesson it is intended to teach them.

But, tell you what. You make a site similar to this one and run it your own way. If yours works out better then this one, then more power to you. You can send me an email every day saying "I told you so.", and I'll send you a reply every day, saying "Yep, you were right." But, in the meantime, I'll just muddle along and run this one how I think it is best to do, if you don't mind.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #82
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

Just keep on deleting posts? Get real, please. Do you think I don't have anything better to do with my time, and I can just sit around all day long simply deleting posts? Sorry, but no. My intent is to get to the root of the problems and address it in that manner. If it takes fines and suspensions, or even outright banning, then that is just what I need to do.
If you have time to sit here and write 12 paragraph responses then I am going to have to say YES that will be better time spent.

Suspensions and bannings for small lame infractions will not clean this site up but make it a ghost town. Just my opinion..............

Old 01-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #83
WebSlave
Quote:
If you have time to sit here and write 12 paragraph responses then I am going to have to say YES that will be better time spent.

Suspensions and bannings for small lame infractions will not clean this site up but make it a ghost town. Just my opinion..............
Obviously you are seeing things differently then I do. But I guess I have the benefit of looking at stats that you don't have access to. So what are you basing your opinion on?

The traffic here is INCREASING after the crackdown on rule violations, even the "lame" ones (whatever that means), as you put it. Participation is increasing, new memberships have increased, concurrent active members have increased, new posts have increased, etc., etc., etc. And that is even after some VERY actively posting members who could not comply with the changes have been ejected from here.

"Ghost town"? Sorry, but apparently your "doom sayer" comments are just way off the mark from what I can see.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #84
TomO
Boo!!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #85
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO
Boo!!
See what I mean???

Old 01-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #86
WebSlave
Quote:
See what I mean???
I guess that comment means more to you then it does to me....

Old 01-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #87
Chameleon Company
Hey Rich, how come you have exactly 100 Karma points !! LOL ... I really don't need an answer !

I have to agree with your earlier point, as I do think that the threads have become more civil. We likely still have a few minor disagreements, and always will. I hope that the tracking programs show "thumbs up" in all areas that matter, as you alluded to.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #88
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO
Boo!!
What does THAT have to do with the price of rice in Egypt?

~~The truth is~~The most annoying part may be that I am in complete agreement with Rich again on this point~ which does rankle a bit

WHAT???

Old 01-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #89
TomO
Quote:
See what I mean???
Quoting me would only support your assertion if I were indeed a ghost.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #90
TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
What does THAT have to do with the price of rice in Egypt?

~~The truth is~~The most annoying part may be that I am in complete agreement with Rich again on this point~ which does rankle a bit

WHAT???
Cheryl. My apologies. This has nothing to do with the origins of your thread. I did not mean to drive it off topic. It was simply a commentary on the "ghost town" comment made earlier. Ambiguous as it seemed, my point was that there are still people here. At this point, I don't feel inclined to debate the finer points of the crackdown, (although I did vote in the poll)so I probably should not have made even that one word statement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!