(inquiry) Rick Denmon @ Ball Boutique - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #81
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Well, Rick asked me to email him questions. So I did, here is the emails.

Here is my email.

----- Original Message -----
To: ballboutique@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:32 AM
Subject: questions

1. Why can't you just answer on the thread?

2. If you don't have anything to do with Joe's business, how do you know Cathy has $500 credit?

3. One response you stated "MKR" and Joe / Wes as if they are still together, are they still working together?

4. Does getting Ralph a good deal on a Viper make Joe a good guy?

5. Are you "re-selling" Joe's animals?

6. Why the sudden need to "upgrade" to a moderator status?

Here is his reply.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Bill Hicok'
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:48 AM
Subject: RE: questions

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:32 AM
To: ballboutique@comcast.net
Subject: questions

1. Why can't you just answer on the thread?
I like to have a personal touch

2. If you don't have anything to do with Joe's business, how do you know Cathy has $500 credit?
This was in another Joe bashing thread in the fall he posted the credit to her publicly.

3. One response you stated "MKR" and Joe / Wes as if they are still together, are they still working together?
They are breaking up after this years breeding season.

4. Does getting Ralph a good deal on a Viper make Joe a good guy?
Anyone who knows the biz can same me over 5k is a good guy in my book.

5. Are you "re-selling" Joe's animals?
Some. And some to fill orders. I have had great quality of animals from MKR.

6. Why the sudden need to "upgrade" to a moderator status?
Why not? gives me better bumping advantages....200....keep my ads up top.
Never knew it gave me moderator status......got to find out in detail of what I can do.

BTW be real nice if you asked questions about my biz and not worry about Joe's biz.
Ask him.....
contact: Joe Capone at 315-374-6607 Website Power House Reptiles e-mail jcap300@msn.com

Thanks
Rick
Picture this.

Guy in a Sear Sucker Suit, blue, dark blue but not navy. Pants just an inch or so too short so you can see the white socks he wears with his black shoes. White button down JC Penny shirt, GENUINE imitation pearl buttons. Hair short but just a tad too long, greased back with vasoline for that "professional" look. Lower arms of his suit shiny bright from having been rubbed so often (afterall it is his only suit jacket.) Aftershave, aquavalva (?) strong enough that you can smell him coming, huge fauxmex with four different dials on it not including the second and minute hands, which are the only one that work accurately, three bic ball point pens in the breast pocket of his white JC Penny's shirt. Yes, there is a pocket protector. In his right hand is a small styrofoam cup of coffee that is mostly Jim Beam which is kept in the Sear Sucker Suit Jacket pocket and was a gift from the last serious girl he had a relationship with. That was 4 years ago. They met at AA.

The name tag on the blue, not quite navy blue, Sear Sucker Suit says "My name is Rick, how may I serve you." The bottom right is chipped and you can see three layers of laminate. It is hanging slightly askew.

But HEY, this guy can sell the hell out of ...... well, character is the first thing that comes to mind. I suppose I'll just leave it at that.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #82
varnyard
Quote:
Description: Just some of the animals hatching this year.
More to come.
20% down holds animal
you get pick of animals as deposit comes in.

100% satisfaction.........

lucy mojave x lesser F $3,900.00
super mojave F $3,900.00
bumble bee $1,900.00
caramel albinos m/f $3,000.00
het caramels pairs $900.00
clowns m/f $3,800.00
clown hets pairs $1,300.00
Lavender het males $1,800.00
mojave male $575.00
mojave female $675.00
lesser female $1,300.00
lesser male $1,200.00
super pastel m/f $1,500.00
spider m/f $600.00
vpi axanthic M $900.00
vpi axanthic F $1,400.00
vpi 100% het axanthic pairs $600.00
stripe $3,800.00
stripe het pairs $1,300.00
pewter m/f $2,500.00
super cini female $3,900.00
albino M $900.00
albino F $1,100.00
So you are taking deposits on MKR animals that are not here yet? The same MKR that split last year? The same ones that could not fill orders last year? I might add, also taking deposits on sexed Codoms that you do not have?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #83
NorthernRegius.com
Wow, this is confusing...

I'm in the middle of a deal with Rick, I'm purchasing an adult male Axanthic from him. He always answered my e-mails quickly has been nothing but great throughout the transaction to date.

Now I see this thread & I don't know what to think. What he personally has done to be a "bad" guy. No bad deals, right? He knows some bad folks, but I'm just not understanding this thread.

Rick is doing right by me, so I feel very conflicted about all of this. I intend to complete my transaction with him & to rate the experience. I feel so thick, not getting why many of you who seem like such great folks are upset with Rick? What am I not getting?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #84
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
So you are taking deposits on MKR animals that are not here yet? The same MKR that split last year? The same ones that could not fill orders last year? I might add, also taking deposits on sexed Codoms that you do not have?
Oh, now I get it... a set-up for problems.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #85
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRegius.com
I'm in the middle of a deal with Rick, I'm purchasing an adult male Axanthic from him. He always answered my e-mails quickly has been nothing but great throughout the transaction to date.

Now I see this thread & I don't know what to think. What he personally has done to be a "bad" guy. No bad deals, right? He knows some bad folks, but I'm just not understanding this thread.

Rick is doing right by me, so I feel very conflicted about all of this. I intend to complete my transaction with him & to rate the experience. I feel so thick, not getting why many of you who seem like such great folks are upset with Rick? What am I not getting?
I have to say I agree with this.
This thread is not about Rick AND associates AND friends AND family AND acquaintances AND whatever else one can add to the list. It is an inquiry about Rick himself and how he is/has dealt with people in the present/past.
Thus far I have not seen one business transaction he has personally done that was bad, at least not on this board.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #86
Cat_72
Let me ask you this, Rozann....

If I told you that I was friends with Chris Johnson, and was selling animals for him.....and preselling animals of his that he may or may not produce (who can predict how many of ANYTHING will hatch, more less things like female super cinnys)....would that still make me an OK guy?

Old 05-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #87
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72

If I told you that I was friends with Chris Johnson, and was selling animals for him.....and preselling animals of his that he may or may not produce (who can predict how many of ANYTHING will hatch, more less things like female super cinnys)....would that still make me an OK guy?
Cathy,
I am not going to get into a debate about this. I have no problems saying I do not know about Chris Johnson
In another thread outside of this one on fauna I made my thoughts quite clear that I personally wouldn't buy any animals that have not already been born. That is my personal choice, whether I trusted the person or not I personally wouldn't do it, I see way too many problems with it IMO. That is not to say that others do not do it, that is their choice.

This thread was started about Rick himself (whom I also do not know and have never bought from) perhaps I missed something here, are you saying all the animals he is selling are really this Chris' persons animals?
IF that is the case and this Chris IS indeed a bad person, then no I would not buy at all.
As I said I may be missing something, not at all unusual, I thought Rick's animals were his and hatching from his animals?

Old 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #88
Cat_72
I didn't mean to confuse you, Rozann.

Rick is selling Joe Capone's animals....I just used Chris Johnson's name as he seems to be just about the most highly detested Ball Python ripoff artist in recent history....

Old 05-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #89
BallBoutique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72

They will have 80-100 clutches and I will not over sell an animal.
And IF an animal is not produced full refund.....not bad is it for a deposit only.
[just like the two folks below]
I pre ordered animals from The Snake Keeper's and MKR.
All the orders were filled with great animals.
Below is an animal I purchased from PowerHouse Reptiles for my personal collection. Sweet!

Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #90
Stardust
Then I guess I would have to look up Joe Capone's name since it is his animals and determine from there. If he was indeed a bad guy I would steer clear of any animals of his even sold by different people.
Obviously I have not wanted to buy any of Chris' or Joe's animals because I do not know about them
I have learned through trial and error to look on the board here before I buy from anyone

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!