Info Shipping faux pas from Bri Martin - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #81
N1ck55
Sounds good she def needs to see a vet I am just trying to save her arm and prevent infection . I am not that keen on most vets with the horror stories I have read and want someone that is more or less a herp . I have been trying to find this "traveling herp" in the area and I think one of my wholesalers deals with him . I am trying to hatch my clutch I have incubating and trade some for him to allow his herp to look at her . If that doesn't show dedication and selfishness I don't know what does lol. I hope paypal sides with me and I will try to get the ASPCA involved but it will take time and I seriously didnt expect this and have been barely sleeping eating because of the stress.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #82
Beardielove
Snakes? Does she do the to her snakes too? I would like to meet her and give her a piece of my mind. I would start her on baytril. I may have some extra i can ship to you if you pay shipping. But let me see. You do need to get. Correct dosage though. Are the dragons eating and drinking ATLEAST? I would make sure they are hydrated and fat i noticed meds usually sometimes causes my dragons to not eat for a few days. But every dragon reacts differently. Well i wish you luck with them.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #83
Snake-Queen
I think you can check for dosage instruction on-line. I know Melissa Kaplan (think that is right) had written an article on it.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #84
GemmaMama1959
Well, I just heard back from Blue Eyes Dragons, and the female " Italian Import" I bought from Bri Martin didn't come from them. They very kindly told me that I had been deceived, that they don't ship their bearded dragons out of Italy. In other words, Bri Martin deliberately misrepresented both females. The "gravid" female has yet to lay a clutch of eggs and tomorrow will be a month, and the "Italian Import" from Blueeyes Dragons didn't come from there.

I am beside myself. Is there anyway to report fraudulent activities to this site? I think ppl like Bri Martin should be prevented from listing their animals on here, because it reflects badly on fauna itself while also making ppl wary of ever buying from anyone online again. I know it has been a month, but is there anything I can do? I spent this past month worrying about the little "gravid" girl maybe not being able to lay her clutch because she looked way too small to have been bred, and didn't even think that I might have been deceived about the origin of the other female. Miss Martin apparently doesn't notice the appearance of her dragons because she was unaware that the "Italian Impotr" has red eyes until I asked her about it. Whether she is deliberately dishonest or is completely haphazzard in her recordkeeping and business practices is unclear to me at this point, but the result is the same. Ppl who do business with this young person are very likely to be deceived in the description of said animals and take the risk of being disapointed when they receive animals that aren't as described. This, on top of her deplorable shipping habits, makes Bri Martin a disgrace to the industry, in my opinion.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #85
AbsoluteApril
Posting BOI threads is the way to alert other buyers about dealings.

Fauna does not ban people for bad business practices, Fauna mods are not the judge and jury. It is up to the buyers to research before purchasing and hopefully threads like these will save someone from buying a bad deal.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #86
N1ck55
What about the blatant cases of animal abuse? I mean when someone brags about their dog attacking another dog and is shipping animals that have clearly been abused isn't that enough reason?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #87
N1ck55
On Vickie behalf there was no BOI posted that she would have been able to research it . The information that was available was from someone who wrote a good guy BOI. It does cast Fauna in a negative light if they are being mislead to believe that these people are reputable. Also it brings negative attention by allowing someone who is trying to call out other breeders who are reputable by saying the animals originate from them. I believe that in this case just blocking her only prolongs the inevitable and only angers people when she returns. She has been blocked twice and each time returns to do the same thing. I think it should be designed that this is more proactive than reactive and it will only happen in the long run anyways. After all it is truly guilty until proven innocent, she has only solidified the guilt.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #88
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ck55 View Post
What about the blatant cases of animal abuse?
Perhaps you do not quite follow what I said here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

Fauna does not ban people for bad business practices, Fauna mods are not the judge and jury. It is up to the buyers to research before purchasing and hopefully threads like these will save someone from buying a bad deal.
The BOI is not here for fauna to determine if someone is reputable or not. It is an INFO resource for people to use to determine if they want to do business with someone based on what others have posted (or make an inquiry thread if nothing is found).

from the rules:
Quote:
This forum is designed to serve the purpose of giving anyone interested in the buying and selling of herptile related merchandise the opportunity to inquire about, or find already existing information concerning a person or business with whom they are considering doing business with.
If you wish to further discuss these rules or about the BOI in general, please post in the feedback forum (or find one of the existing threads there that is about this subject), further discussion here is going off topic.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #89
GemmaMama1959
At the time I made my purchase there wasn't anything bad about her other than renigging on a deal with Barbie. I did check the BOI but found no more than that. I did wonder at the time if they had worked everything out, but of course, it wasn't any of my business so I dismissed it from my mind. The fact that Nick and I both purchased dragons from a multiple listing she had posted makes me wonder if anyone else has had problems with her or if it is just the two of us. I don't have any evidence of her abuse to other animals, but I will say that I think it is abusive to breed an animal as small as the female I received, so the animal is actually lucky if she reabsorbed her eggs or just wasn't gravid at all. It is also extremely abusive/negligent to ship animals in such a haphazzard manner, and finally, it is horribly, horribly wrong to ship an injured animal like Nicks little female. Also, Blueeyes Dragons isn't very happy that their name was used to deceive people into buying animals.

I have endured a lot of stress this past month over those two dragons and have worked with them a lot to get them over the trauma they suffered during shipping. I didn't ask Miss Martin to refund the purchase price of the dragons but I did ask her to refund the full amount I paid for shipping when I contacted Fedex and learned that she had shipped them ground instead of overnight, as agreed.

I know Fauna is not responsible in any way for the actions of its members, but, as this case involves downright misrepresentation of animals listed for sale I thought it was worth mentioning in the interest of heighyening awareness.

And let me be perfectly clear about this, I bought the so-called "Italian Import" from a listing on this site but the "gravid" female was purchased through our communications. She wasn't listed on the ad I saw.

Furthermore, not everyone is fully aware of the BOI and doesn't know to investigate sellers before buying. Whether it be from lack of computer skills, naivetee, orsometimes even visual impairment(as in my case) people sometimes miss things they should have been aware of, but that doesn't mean that they deserve to be cheated. I have always believed in "caveat emptor" but I felt that it would be safe to purchase animals I found im fauna listings. I placed my trust in fauna, you see, and I still trust fauna, but now I don't necessarily trust the listings unless I know the sellers beforehand, and that is a shame, because most of the people on fauna are honest, hardworking individuals who genuinely care about the animals in their care.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #90
N1ck55
Just to inform everyone worried about these animals I was just contacted by the police . They are investigating the situation as we speak.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!