Inquiry PantherChameleons/ April L. Quackenbush - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #81
Zach Valois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinntech View Post
Did you talk to your bank?
Awaiting a response from them.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #82
Pearryboi
Thumbs up

Old 03-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #83
tkilgour
My bank is going after April Quackenbush for fraud and has given me half my $. My bank also had me file a police report to validate my claim further. Looks like April quackenbush is going to have a deeply negative checking account and paypal account. Good for you April quackenbush.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #84
Zach Valois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkilgour View Post
My bank is going after April Quackenbush for fraud and has given me half my $. My bank also had me file a police report to validate my claim further. Looks like April quackenbush is going to have a deeply negative checking account and paypal account. Good for you April quackenbush.
I am right behind you.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #85
Vpetit13
Same experience

I ordered from April about a month ago . I first ordered a male and a female , and both looked only a day old , the male died within the first few days , he was very skinny . I'm surprised he even survived shipping which I had to nag her about to find out information , she stated she would replace him with an 11 week old and I did have to pay more , he was the same age as the previous before . I confronted her about this and she stated , the size was because she doesn't gut load her feeders which I thought was totally false . The other female I had received with the previous male also died from parasites soon after .
I've contacted PayPal to try and get my money back and have had no contact with her since our argument

Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #86
Zach Valois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpetit13 View Post
I ordered from April about a month ago . I first ordered a male and a female , and both looked only a day old , the male died within the first few days , he was very skinny . I'm surprised he even survived shipping which I had to nag her about to find out information , she stated she would replace him with an 11 week old and I did have to pay more , he was the same age as the previous before . I confronted her about this and she stated , the size was because she doesn't gut load her feeders which I thought was totally false . The other female I had received with the previous male also died from parasites soon after .
I've contacted PayPal to try and get my money back and have had no contact with her since our argument
Figures. Thanks for your input. Sorry you delt with this.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #87
Dennis Hultman
Is Quackenbush the name that appears on the PayPal account?

With the multiple names that have been used in email accounts and correspondence the full name of this person seems to be in question.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #88
tkilgour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Is Quackenbush the name that appears on the PayPal account?

With the multiple names that have been used in email accounts and correspondence the full name of this person seems to be in question.
aprilleigh83@yahoo.com This is the email she used to send me paypal invoices.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #89
tkilgour
April Quackenbush is also the name that appears on these statements. Is there anything the mods can do in this situation Dennis?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #90
Dennis Hultman
Well, if the name was different that would be a violation of the rules and we would take action.

In the moderator role we can only enforce the rules of the site. We don't take positions on individual transactions and judge guilt or innocence.

End Moderator role...

As a Individual I have right to form a opinion like the rest of you and post accordingly. Within these abilities (as everyone else at contributing level) I can post a link on her ads to this thread as a warning.

My personal opinion is as follows -

There are people in this business for decades that never had a negative BOI thread or very limited problems and took steps to resolve the situations professionally.

This person seems to have appeared last summer out of nowhere and started advertising on multiple sites heavily the last few months. Low prices and questions about the honesty of product offered.

Within that time she has accomplished a few good transactions but within two months of the ads going up on multiple sites she started to have delivery problems, unable to keep to a timetable for delivery, and by the statements and emails posted here unable to resolve problems in a quick and admirable manner.

Doesn't take much to see where this is going.

She has read this thread and has refused to participate. The responses to customers are in my opinion below standards and speaks to the lack of character of this seller.

Buyer Beware.............

I can give some suggestions of what I would do if I had the misfortune of a transaction that went bad with this individual. Contest with PayPal, PayPal refuses call them and talk to another person (supervisor), has worked in the past. Doesn't work? Dispute with bank and/or credit company.

Has anyone posted on their facebook account with a link to this thread?
Heck, I would if it were my transaction. I would probably send a link to all the friends and family as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
april quackenbush, cory, deim photography, mateljan, pantherchameleoncompany