Ed Clark- Sketchy Ad - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #81
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
wild bill, please post proof of your accusations!
So are you saying it didn't happen Ed?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 AM   #82
Metallicat
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1983
...I was thinking along the lines of "Good for the snake....glad someone values its life at more than $7"....
So I guess you'd be happy to pay $250 for a $7 captive hatch?

Quote:
..but I guess there are idiots out there that spend that kind of money without knowing a damn thing about the animal...If that is the issue, then it is also their fault for being stupid.
If Daniel Hill Reptiles motto is "buyer beware" then I can see why your are ok with these types of ads.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:25 AM   #83
brucestephenson
I have recently made a major purchase from Ed, and I know that he is a great guy. Here is a quote from the blog of Jeff Barringer who owns Kingsnake that I believe applies to this thread:

"Simple - because our sites are not a court of law, in most instances the person they are complaining about has not been convicted of any crimes, and we are not going to allow our systems to be used as a "court of public opinion" to defame people. Time after time on our sites (and others) it has been shown that allowing negative comments with no transaction verification is too often abused by vendors or users to "submarine" their competition or other users they don't like personally. Additionally, it allows uninvolved individuals to become participants in an online "necktie party" and egg the others on. Finally, many of these complaints are untrue and/or unsupported by facts. If we were to allow it on our site it would be grossly unfair and would open us up once again to substantial liability."

Old 05-25-2007, 01:36 AM   #84
Wilomn
bruce, you are KNOWN for supporting law breakers, known criminals and smugglers. You are KNOWN for lying and stealing and attempting to steal yourself. In fact you were banned from Kelli's site for trying to steal geckos and money from some college kids. It has loooooooooong been your practice to make high dollar purchases from people in order to buy their friendship.

I'm curious. How much did it cost you to purchase ed's friendship? Or, was he smart enough to take your money and turn the rest of your nonsense down?

Having you support someone is tantamount to having them admit guilt to whatever you say they didn't do. It's like if you say they're good, it's a good bet they're bad and if you say they're bad it's a good bet they're good.

You're not a good person bruce, not at all and no matter how you try to make yourself look, you have not changed a bit. You're still untrustworthy and still trying to attach yourself to any available apron strings to keep yourself from sinking into oblivion.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #85
Otter_23
To me it boils down to this. Ed in my opinion didn't false label these snakes. He may have used colorful terms but he wasn't calling them morphs like mojave, lesser etc... To me these are very nice "normals" at this point and they do look to have something possibly special about them. There is a possibility they could prove out and are not your run of the mill ball python. With that being said he may be high on price to some but some others may feel it is a fair price regardless of what Ed paid for them. There are plenty of WC yellow bellies, fires etc... that haven't been proven out and are commanding much higher prices even though they paid much less for them. So in those terms I think Ed has some nice looking snakes there and to some looking for that fun dinking project may pay his price. To my knowledge Ed hasn't stole anyone's money, sent the wrong snake or sent sick animals.

Ed has been his own worst enemy and often in forums his personality is a huge problem for many. He pushes some limits etc...

If you wanted to buy a nice animal and be assured it will be what is pictured and healthy and eating (except for one mite incident) Ed would be a choice. On those merits I don't see a bad guy.

If you are worried about the views and personality of the person you are buying from and have a problem with aggressive tactics and some questionable moral issues based on opinion then Ed has repeatedly hurt his business. I think this part of Ed is being blown out of proportion, but I think most of that is because Ed has complained of other breeders and kind of put himself in that spot. I guarantee there are a lot more breeders like Ed that on a personal level may not get along with many but they have made a good choice to just sell their reptiles and not participate in forums.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #86
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Your kidding Right? It is not as Ed states:

Quote:
Ed Clark: Bobby, these come into the country as SPECIALS at great expense and are sold at very reasonable prices for what they cost.

And here I thought I got a great deal when I paid $25.00.
Steve, you had to go and bust my bubble!!
Not neccesarily true. You bought yours from Ben who brings in thousands of babies in bags so he can make a profit and still sell for only $25.
I only got a small number so had to pay more than Ben but less than what you had to by being his customer.

Ed, on the other hand, bought his animals after they were unpacked, sorted, and most likely set up and feeding so he may have had to pay substantially more since harlequins have now been proven to be reproduceable. It's possible he had to pay a lot more to get one for resale.

Personally, I do not see the problem with him labeling them as CH granites or CH harlequins. Those are the terms used to describe the way these animals look. Some are genetic and some aren't but when you see CH in the description, it tells you these are unproven and imported babies.

I would rather see the ad Ed posted them try and be sold an unproven CH animal that has never been proven even after years of trying. These crazy hyper melanistic BP's that people want $1000's of dollars for is a rip off IMO. No hyper has been proven (it has been tried many times) and to expect someone to pay a small fortune for what would probably be yet another wasted effort is more than "sketchy".

To me, sketchy ads would be the ones for emerald jewels and voodoo's.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #87
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Schmidtke
Absolutely right. Ed's been banned from one forum today and he's getting kicked around here pretty good and I can't for the life of me figure out why? I've seen the same ads and posts that everyone else sees and while I can understand why some of them may be aggravating to some people, I really haven't seen anything worth this kind of beating. What am I missing? There has GOTTA be something going on behind the scenes that nobody wants to talk about. If there is, then either spill it or drop it. To someone like me who isn't 'in the loop' this is really beginning to look like a witch hunt.
Like no one saw that ban coming.

There has been tension on that site for quite some time and Ed took the brunt.

The atmosphere has changed there. I am also one of the only 5 people that were blocked from posting ads. Load of crap. As if I don't contribute enough information over there to be allowed to sell some things. Just do away with the for sale section instead of coming down on people and blocking a select few from posting them if you do not want your site to be used for sales.

His banning was inevitable. Look at the reception they gave Jon from NWE in his first post introducing himself.

That site has changed over the past few months.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #88
DJSlurp1200
Qoute - "Like no one saw that ban coming.

There has been tension on that site for quite some time "

Yeah and it's rediculous. What is it with all the bs in the Ball Python Community. No wonder so many people are getting out of them and it's Sad. I was a member of that particular forum and it was a joke. A dictatorship and an absolute joke. It's not so much the "friendly Herpin" community it claims to be. It's a Forum Ran by a specific clique... A clique that loves to cause trouble in other forums as well and bash on people that simply ask for advice and try to do right thing for there snakes...

I myself was banned from BP.net and honestly if I hadn't been banned I probably would have just had them cancel my registration there anyways because I just don't want to be associated with the drama and bs.

To sum it up... if your not with the clique or if you are seen as competition or a threat sales wise... you better duck for cover. They'll sick the dogs on you, say whatever they can to make you crack or just make some BS up...

In this case Ed was a threat to bp.net and was moving snakes...

I can think of one person right now who might have seen Ed as the biggest threat and I can tell you right now I'm sure he PULLED A FEW STRINGS and got his way. The same person PULLED A FEW STRINGS and had me banned because I told someone my dealings with that particular person.

I got a email from Admin basically telling me congratulations, your communications on myspace with OUR members have just gifted you the ban hammer... Whatever... That Forum is falling apart anyways... and soon will be in shambles.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #89
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Just do away with the for sale section instead of coming down on people and blocking a select few from posting them if you do not want your site to be used for sales..
I know right? How are you going to limit or even ban somebody from posting sale ads if you have a forum section on the website called classifieds.
It's pathetic...

But that's BP.net for ya!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #90
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200
Qoute - "Like no one saw that ban coming.

There has been tension on that site for quite some time "

Yeah and it's rediculous. What is it with all the bs in the Ball Python Community. No wonder so many people are getting out of them and it's Sad. I was a member of that particular forum and it was a joke. A dictatorship and an absolute joke. It's not so much the "friendly Herpin" community it claims to be. It's a Forum Ran by a specific clique... A clique that loves to cause trouble in other forums as well and bash on people that simply ask for advice and try to do right thing for there snakes...

I myself was banned from BP.net and honestly if I hadn't been banned I probably would have just had them cancel my registration there anyways because I just don't want to be associated with the drama and bs.

To sum it up... if your not with the clique or if you are seen as competition or a threat sales wise... you better duck for cover. They'll sick the dogs on you, say whatever they can to make you crack or just make some BS up...

In this case Ed was a threat to bp.net and was moving snakes...

I can think of one person right now who might have seen Ed as the biggest threat and I can tell you right now I'm sure he PULLED A FEW STRINGS and got his way. The same person PULLED A FEW STRINGS and had me banned because I told someone my dealings with that particular person.

I got a email from Admin basically telling me congratulations, your communications on myspace with OUR members have just gifted you the ban hammer... Whatever... That Forum is falling apart anyways... and soon will be in shambles.
This thread is about Ed Clark and his advertisements/business practices.

If you want to discuss another site, take it off the BOI please, EVERYONE!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark