Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 95 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #941
Adrya
Wow... 74 snakes accumulated in 2 years, not counting ones she's keeping for others, and her friends' snakes that have been in room contact with hers. Rediculous. That just proves even more that quarantine was completely absent. I and others had questioned her in the past about her fast accumulation of snakes when she was just getting into this.

I too am mystified if she's had even more snakes beyond Phoenix die. Probably so. Then again, those pics were from just 3 months ago, so of course she's lying to people about how many snakes she actually has. It's just a shame that she can't even tell Dr. Jacobson the truth... someone who can really help her with this. But 74+/- snakes to get tested is one hell of a chunk of money. Blood tests alone are not going to clear her snakes if they come back negative. $7400+ right off the bat for blood testing on all of her snakes. If they come back negative, then necropsies and biopsies cost twice as much per snake. $200-300+ for necropsies/biopsies... she's looking at $14,000 -- $25,000+ worth of tests for her entire collection... not including extra costs if she has a local vet get the samples and then send them off to Dr. Jacobson.

It definitely sucks to be her.

I accumulated my 15 boas and pythons (minus 6 from 21 now because if IBD) over the course of 8 years. That is a much more manageable accumulation rate and to properly quarantine.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #942
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
Kelli, I'd just like to thank you for bringing exactly the kind of snarky, passive-aggressive, off topic BS to this thread, that turns so many people off from the BOI.
Well Erin, lucky for me I couldn't care less what you think of me or my posts. You might want to go back and read some of your own posts from years past before you start being critical of mine. There is a reason why I post what I do. If you are too blind to see it that's not my problem.

Now, run along and go play in traffic.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #943
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post

This is Ashley's thread. Lets keep it that way.
You're absolutely right. Not a problem. Jen jumped in and made a comment about my post about Ashley and I replied. I'll take this side discussion to Jen's own BOI thread, if I decide to pursue it.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #944
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrya View Post
Wow... 74 snakes accumulated in 2 years, not counting ones she's keeping for others, and her friends' snakes that have been in room contact with hers. Rediculous. That just proves even more that quarantine was completely absent. I and others had questioned her in the past about her fast accumulation of snakes when she was just getting into this.
MANY people questioned her, she even JOKED about having RAS.

Why other people can't see the obvious, I don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrya
. But 74+/- snakes to get tested is one hell of a chunk of money. Blood tests alone are not going to clear her snakes if they come back negative. $7400+ right off the bat for blood testing on all of her snakes. If they come back negative, then necropsies and biopsies cost twice as much per snake. $200-300+ for necropsies/biopsies... she's looking at $14,000 -- $25,000+ worth of tests for her entire collection... not including extra costs if she has a local vet get the samples and then send them off to Dr. Jacobson.
Yeah that will definitely make it hard to "clear" her collection in a year.

Speaking of QT: she's maintained all this time the new snakes were in her snake room for "a short period of time during their move".

Aside from the Exif data someone else pointed out back when regarding time frame of exposure, I think these pics show a more recent proof that she NEVER quarantined.

FYI: those baby Bolivians she was offering for auction and claimed weren't kept with the others, are all right there in the snake room in the smaller totes.

More lies.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #945
Elizabethlea27
Yes the baby bolivians are there in the smaller totes in these pics, AND in the snake room video which she took down to hide evidence. They were never quarantined, in fact in the snake room vid they were in the rack NEXT TO the rack of het albinos and female BCL that were exposed to the BCL that died of confirmed IBD. Thanks Ash for the extra dose of IBD exposed mites!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #946
Adrya
With what I have experienced with this disease, it spreads like wildfire and seems to be airborne (though I am not 100% certain). But if she and her friends were never careful to begin with and just went handling one snake after another without disinfecting their hands inbetween each... that's all it takes... and of course on top of that, mites. Blood-filled mites from one snake being passed on to others through handling and carelessness.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #947
amercnwmn
Curious if mites can be transmitted on clothing for short periods? Like if Ashley had a guest helping her with her snakes, and then went home to her own collection?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #948
ShadowAceD
Yep. Same as fleas. Same as lice.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #949
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrya View Post
With what I have experienced with this disease, it spreads like wildfire and seems to be airborne (though I am not 100% certain). But if she and her friends were never careful to begin with and just went handling one snake after another without disinfecting their hands inbetween each... that's all it takes... and of course on top of that, mites. Blood-filled mites from one snake being passed on to others through handling and carelessness.
With things like OPMV, it is strongly airborne, so that could definitely be a problem if one of the CL snakes ended up with OPMV and one of her friends brought it home to one of their snakes.
All this stuff makes me want to buy a HazMat suit

Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #950
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
With things like OPMV, it is strongly airborne, so that could definitely be a problem if one of the CL snakes ended up with OPMV and one of her friends brought it home to one of their snakes.
All this stuff makes me want to buy a HazMat suit
Ditto!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd