Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 98 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #971
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
I agree, and Ashley does not type like that. At all. Why would Ashley say that?
Defection? Start us talking about her personal issues, mother, court..etc and forget about her actions as outlined in the thread..possibly drum up general sentiment that is so easily tapped on forums?

Just throwing it out there...

Old 01-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #972
amercnwmn
I'm not quite sure what to say here. I strongly suspect this is Ashley's mother based on other posts she's made around the forum.

Even if it's not, the reality is she IS in a custody battle, and the sort of behavior she has been exhibiting all over the internet does NOT cast her, or reptile keepers in a good light.

On the one hand, I don't want this to turn into child custody fodder.
On the other hand, the reality is there are children and animals involved.

I will say this:
Keeping reptiles and parenting should NOT be considered a bad thing.
Many reptile enthusiasts have raised children safely, and responsibly into adulthood while keeping different varieties of snakes, including venomous.
I am a parent who also keeps a large variety of reptiles, and I would hope that alone would not ever be used against me.

There's so much negativity surrounding reptile owners these days, and we aren't all irresponsible animal hoarders like you see on Animal Planet.
There are people I feel that get in over their heads, but if they are of strong enough responsible character, they do what they feel is best to "FIX" the situations they've created, and they learn from their mistakes.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #973
deborahbroadus
Say the same things you have been saying, NOTHING has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
I'm not quite sure what to say here. I strongly suspect this is Ashley's mother based on other posts she's made around the forum.

Even if it's not, the reality is she IS in a custody battle, and the sort of behavior she has been exhibiting all over the internet does NOT cast her, or reptile keepers in a good light.

On the one hand, I don't want this to turn into child custody fodder.
On the other hand, the reality is there are children and animals involved.

I will say this:
Keeping reptiles and parenting should NOT be considered a bad thing.
Many reptile enthusiasts have raised children safely, and responsibly into adulthood while keeping different varieties of snakes, including venomous.
I am a parent who also keeps a large variety of reptiles, and I would hope that alone would not ever be used against me.

There's so much negativity surrounding reptile owners these days, and we aren't all irresponsible animal hoarders like you see on Animal Planet.
There are people I feel that get in over their heads, but if they are of strong enough responsible character, they do what they feel is best to "FIX" the situations they've created, and they learn from their mistakes.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #974
KelliH
Wow. Ashley, if that is truly your mom that sent that pm, you have my sympathy. WHat an awful thing for a mom to do. :-(

Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #975
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Wow. Ashley, if that is truly your mom that sent that pm, you have my sympathy. WHat an awful thing for a mom to do. :-(
See...and so it starts.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #976
SakaraGT4
I don't want this to turn into a child custody issue or what not either...

WHY would I ask for an email or IP trace if I did it... Just because this thread is about me has nothing to do with that... If my mother is seriously PMing ppl, I need to know this information... If ppl would rather PM it to me, that is fine... I just need to know what is said and to who.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #977
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
Yeah, I don't understand why she didn't contact someone like Courtney who started this thread, or me who made that statement, or Rachel Wojick or Elizabeth Vos, who have made themselves more prevalent in this thread.
I'll admit, I'm glad she didn't...lol

While I don't mind pointing out ethics and overall irresponsibility, and the possibility of a spread of reptile disease, I really don't want to be caught up in custody things.

I hate the fact that Ashley just keeping reptiles is an issue by itself, because it drags reptile keepers into a precedence relating to child custody.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #978
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Defection? Start us talking about her personal issues, mother, court..etc and forget about her actions as outlined in the thread..possibly drum up general sentiment that is so easily tapped on forums?

Just throwing it out there...
Good point.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #979
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post

WHY would I ask for an email or IP trace if I did it... Just because this thread is about me has nothing to do with that... If my mother is seriously PMing ppl, I need to know this information... If ppl would rather PM it to me, that is fine... I just need to know what is said and to who.
If you could only put as much thought and action into correcting the mistakes currently on the board...that would be a start.

Have you answered the question posted numerous times yet? Have I missed it?

Have you begun contacting your customers? Can you give us names?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #980
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post

And there's been information that people need to know that they've been asking for from you. And so far you've dodged it. Seriously, you've posted more since this about a pm from your supposed mother than you have on the rest of this thread.

No sympathy here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd