CMG/Chris Guida/Bad guy - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-22-2004, 07:34 PM   #151
The BoidSmith
Neither Justin or Kenny posted back in this thread. It is reasonable to assume that they both got what they requested from GMG; Justin the replacement snake, and Kenny his paperwork.

Let's hope now Ellen gets her money and snakes.

Regards.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:41 PM   #152
jkobylka
not yet

no, my issue has not been resolved yet, I haven't heard from Chris nor have I emailed him in a week or so. I've been on my honeymoon. I'll post a full response later tonight....

Justin Kobylka
Smoky Mountain Reptiles
jkobylka@southern.edu

Old 06-22-2004, 09:45 PM   #153
The BoidSmith
OOOOPS!

Sorry Justin, I should have kept my mouth shut. I was just going by the following statement:

Quote:
i am in touch with the people i need to be in touch with to make them happy and i dont know you katie nor have i done business with you so unless your in it stay out of it. the problem with fauna is the people who get into things that they have no business being in and that only hurts situations not helps them.
Well, it is you and Ellen that have not been teken care off, let's hope that Kenny has, after all it is just paperwork...

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2004, 10:16 PM   #154
Glenn Bartley
Mr. Guida,

I was not going to involve myself in this thread again except to read it. I have read virtually every post. Now it may be my duty to ask you a question. You wrote this:
Quote:
thats funny i have signed documentation allowing me to ship through the usps and no im not going to take pictures and post the crap on here before that comes out of your mouth but what i will tell you is contact the usps richmond va area offices and talk to someone in package shipping and inquire.
The inference in the post, from which I took the above quote, is that you ship snakes via the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). Further inference is that you would have shipped snakes through the mail to someone. I would like to clear this up so I can be certain of the facts of this case. Am I correct to believe that you have been shipping snakes by way of the United States Postal Service?

If you have been shipping snakes through the mail by way of the USPS, do you have a special permit to do so? If so would you please inform me of the permit type and the permit number, or of any other pertinent documentation you have, that gives you the privilege to ship snakes through the mail. Please also enlighten me as to what permission(s) this permit or documentation gives you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Glenn Bartley

Old 06-22-2004, 11:20 PM   #155
silvano_06095
I thought I would just give everyone an update: I have e-mailed Chris many times, and am under the impression that he has blocked both e-mail addresses I have used to contact him. I have received no response whatsoever, nor have I received my $330 or the two snakes promised to me.

So much for taking care of the people who need to be taken care of, Chris.

And I, too, would like to see proof that Chris has permission to ship snake via USPS. I guess I could find out pretty easily if I did contact the richmond offices, too bad I'm quite busy with classes at the moment. If someone would like to do so for me, though, by all means go ahead.

Cheers.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:00 AM   #156
kenny scott
papers

chris emailed me for my address and now im waiting.thanks

Old 06-25-2004, 10:24 PM   #157
jkobylka
I admit it does seem a little weird that Chris has offered to refund me for the 66% het pied that didn't prove out. Here's the story. He sold it to me gravid. He said that it was gravid from the 100% het pied that he also sold me at the same time. Within days after receiving the snakes and called Chris and told him I was not happy with the 66% het female that he sold me. <p>
The snake looked pretty banged up, some scabbed over scales and had a tick under its eye when I received it. To me, (IMO) I thought the snake looked and acted like a gravid wild caught animal (meanest snake I have EVER encountered, even now, months after I received her). I told Chris that I felt taken advantage of. <p>
To his huge credit Chris immediately offered to refund my $1200 for the snake if she didn't produce any pieds out of the clutch of 6 that she laid. He even sent me paperwork (which I have already posted a photo of...)<p>
I offered twice to return the 66% het. (mostly because I believe that it is a 0% het and it isn't fun to take care of at all.)<p>
Anyhow, I still believe that Chris will make this right with me - as we have agreed to a pastel instead of the $1200 he owes me. When he does I will be able to say without reservation that I have had a positive experience with Chris, albiet slow.

Justin Kobylka
Smoky Mountain Reptiles
www.smokymr.com

Old 06-25-2004, 11:56 PM   #158
kenny scott
papers

well chriss emailed me for my address a wile back to send me my papers but I still have not seen them yet .

Old 06-26-2004, 09:26 AM   #159
The BoidSmith
The guarantee

From CMG's guarantee posted by Justin on page 15 of this thread: …”We offer a 100% money back guarantee on all 100% python heteros. Pictures must be taken of breeding, laying, and hatching.”…

From a post I made on an earlier on the other CMG thread:

Quote:
Jason,

A while ago one of these two-year guarantees was posted in this site as a topic of dicussion (it came from an ad posted in ks). Maybe someone remembers where it is and can provide a link to the thread in question. The person (company?) offering the following guarantee:

1. The person trying to breed the animals should demonstrate he knows what he is doing. I'm not sure what he meant by that.

2. He has to fail to produce the morph in question after two breedings. Those of us that have bred constrictors know it is not for everyone to breed them, let alone twice. Females can breed one year and skip the next. So from babies until you prove them out it could very well be 6 years.

3. Pictures of the actual copulation need to be provided Again this is for both failed breedings. Doable but...

4. Pictures of the actual oviposition (in pythons) need to be provided Again this is for both failed breedings. This request will be very difficult to fulfill if at all.

5. Pictures of the hatching moment need to be provided Again this is for both failed breedings.

Of course this is in the event you had bought both heteros from the same person because if one came from another source you can claim nothing as he can not guarantee the other animal.

Thanks.
Although when I made that post I could not remember whose ad it was, the similarities with CMG’s guarantee suggest it was his. I still maintain those conditions are very difficult if not impossible to fulfill. Those of us that breed ball pythons (or for that matter other snakes) know how hard it is to take those pictures, not to mention doing it in two successive breedings.

That can probably explain why Chris was so upset at me after that post.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:46 PM   #160
silvano_06095
Another update: Last Thursday, I proposed a deal with Chris, since (though he denies it) this thread being on the front page is hurting his business. My deal was that as long as he replied to my e-mails, I wouldn't post here.

It worked.... for the day. I have heard nothing from him since. I warned him last night that if I didn't get a response, I would have to come here again and let everyone know that he had not refunded my money or sent the snakes.

So here I am, letting everyone know.

I wonder if I'll get my money back before Christmas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!