Inquiry on Mike of Mystic Herps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
Greg Riso
Question Inquiry on Mike of Mystic Herps

I'd like to do business with this person but couldn't find any info here about him. Just wondering if anyone here's familiar with this person. I'll try and get full name to help out but thought the above might prove sufficient for now. Thank you.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #2
Animal Island
I bought 2 pairs of 2003 Dumeril Boas from Mike at Mystic herps a few weeks ago. All snakes were sexed correctly and in great health when they arrived. I'm even thinking of buying a Kahl Strain 2003 Albino Boa he has available when I get the funds. Great Guy!

Old 04-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #3
Josh Burm Guy
Different guy but same company,...

Early last year I had a deal for a sub adult nile croc and a dwarf caiman worked out with Matt from Mystic. I sent him a non-refundable deposit on the nile and made an agreement to pick the croc up later in 2003 when the escrow closed on a land deal I was making in another state that allows crocs. Well, the deal fell through in October and I asked Matt for an extension on our deal to find alternative land to build a facility on, etc. He gave me until Feb 29 to do this. I tried to achieve this in the time given but failed. He even offered to drive them out to me but I can't set up a nile in this state.

I didn't eventually get anything from him, but I have no doubt in my mind that the animals would have been top notch healthy and that Matt would have held up every last promise in our agreement. He held two animals for me for nearly a year, feeding them, housing them and never accepting offers for extra monies for this service. He's a stand up guy and true to his word. If his actions are reflective of Mystic Herps and therefore reflective of any person connected with Mystic Herps then I would definitely refer Mystic Herps or anyone connected to Mystic Herps to anyone, anytime.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #4
ShannanD25
BUYERS BEWARE!!!
This is the scammer Mike Roe from Animal Island setting up as Mystic Herps. He is giving himself good feedback. Animal Island is a scam , Mike and Mandi Roe are scammers, go to the thread regarding Mike Roe and Dave Vaught for more info!

Is there a way to block their IP address from having any access to this site so in the future they can not view people's want ads?

Shannan Donivan

Old 04-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
Greg Riso
Link to Other Thread

This is a link concerning this clown. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=29685
As Shannan stated he is a big time scammer as well as his wife Mandi. They belong behind bars in my opinion and with any luck they will be.
To Josh Burm Guy you need to wise up before posting positively about people unless you're affiliated with them too. The only reason Matt acted so nice and obliging to you for a year was because he already had your non refundable deposit. The fact that you couldn't close the deal was in their best interest because it was free money. They only strung you along letting you think you'd still be able to close the deal someday because they wanted to get more money from you. I doubt if there ever was an animal to feed and maintain for over a year. You should be thankful you didn't follow through with the deal and lose everything. Meanwhile, your positive post on this clown has put me out a total of $550 and I now have an unhappy customer I have let down because they don't have the animals I promised them for their shop.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:16 AM   #6
jefjen
Greg,,
by your last post, I take it you sent you this clown 550.00???
If so, i hope you get this taken care of..
You would think that with all these internet police officers that surf this site, they(Mike Roe), would know they would get caught posting good feedback about themselves.
Good Luck Greg.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #7
Pennebaker
Just so people dont get confused, there is a MATT of Mystic Herps that has been around for a number of years. Definitely a different person.
Dana

Old 04-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
HerpVenue
the screenname Rubyxexe has the name Mystic Herps attached to it.

the IP addy is 63.230.61.104

This "Mike Jones" with the screen name Animal Island has an IP of 63.230.61.104

If you look they are giving each other good feedback.
But they are the same person

Old 04-14-2004, 05:27 PM   #9
Greg Riso
To Pennebaker

The last contact I had with anyone regarding the second missed ship date yesterday was answered by a "MATT" with Mystic Herps at the bottom of his e-mail. I haven't heard one word since he responded. A copy of my letter at the bottom with his response is posted here. Are you telling me this guy is a good guy? Or are they cashing in on a good guy's name andsubsequently ruining it? I don't know what the tie in is here but whatever it is I don't have my money or my snakes and I've received no explanation so consider me ripped off. I'll fry these mothers is all I can say.

Subj: Re: Hello, Anybody There?
Date: 4/13/2004 4:16:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: <BoidMorphs@aol.com>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Greg,
I will have to call to see if I can get hold of Mandi to see who, what,
when these guys went out. We are usually closed Tues & Wed, I just happed
to stop in to feed a few animals. We almost always e-mail with this info,
if stated, I'm sorry about this. I will try to get back to you ASAP when I
find something out.
Matt
Mystic Herps
----- Original Message -----
To: <tattoo69@frontiernet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 2:27 PM
Subject: Hello, Anybody There?

> I am still awaiting information regarding the status of this shipment. The
original agreement was for you to have sent the animals out last Wednesday
and you did not follow through. We then agreed to go with your shipping
yesterday and I e-mailed you twice to make sure you had the correct ship to
address. You responded indicating they would go out yesterday but never sent
me a carrier name or tracking number so that I could monitor the progress of
the shipment.
> There has been no delivery here nor notification from you to confirm that
the animals were indeed shipped at all.
> I would like to know immediately the status of this shipment. Please let
me know what is going on immediately.
>
> Greg
>

Old 04-14-2004, 07:14 PM   #10
ShannanD25
Greg,
my opinion is that matt is mike. He even references Mandi, his wife...and the excuses and way they delay things sounds the same to me. If it isn't Mike and this Matt is a real guy then he is either oblivious to what is happening around him, or in on it.

So who is flying out to Iowa to either GET our all our money back, or to file charges at the court house?

Shannan Donivan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!