Federal Exotic Animal Ban - Bill HR669 for Hearing on April 29th - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
PD4Ever
Stop! Federal Exotic Animal Ban - Bill HR669 for Hearing on April 29th

ere is a heads up on a proposed bill which will outlaw many exotics on
a FEDERAL level. I recommend contacting your congressman, as well as
everyone you know do the same to fight this, there will be a congressional hearing on this April 29th.

There is a law (HR669) trying to be passed that will ban all nonnative species of animals from import, export, transport, and breeding. This
law will ruin the hobby that all of us enjoy so much. Please tell everybody you know about this, we need to keep the ban from happening.

You can read about HR669 here:
http://pijac.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=175
http://pijac.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=175

Please go to www.congress.org to tell your Congressman that you opose this bill and save the exotic pet trade.

Ken

Old 04-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
artist
i thought that the hearing was on april 23??

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
lamprophis
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ficials/?lvl=L

That link is even quicker for finding the proper representatives in your area. I have already written to mine. Everyone here needs to do the same. It only takes a few minutes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!