For Sale Wild caught piebald garter snake - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Hognose, Garter, Water & Ribbon Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #21
rattler
Credibility is becoming an issue with all the riff-raff as to where it's from. If the snake was caught in Alabama and has stayed there then it's ok. But if it was caught or brought into Georgia the law was broken. Possibly even a Lacy Act violation. Who ever takes possession of this animal better be cautious.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #22
bobassetto
BUT.....what if it were caught in ala...carried to ga.....by someone ignorant of ga restrictive laws.....and then returned to ala , once this person realized whats up ..yo......no harm....no foul....

Old 06-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
rpeteroy
laws are laws

He was correct about lacey act laws it does not matter that the snake was returned to where its found. Once the law is broken its broken> I would not continue this post as each statement can bring you closer to getting yourself in trouble. If your friend in alabama has the animals there let him take care of the deal where it is legal for him to do. Hope all works out for you and good luck. I would hate to see something bad happen to anyone or animal especially such a stunning animal. If it is from alabama I would return to the area it was found there will likely be many more. Garters breed in clusters and offspring is crossed regularly there is a good possibility there is more from this animals siblings or possibly different generations. The area that produced the first leucistic alligators has since produces many more and at least 3 separate generations were found from the same stretch of river. Please regard all your laws concerning this issue as you have made it public now.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
bobassetto
unless ths is a one time mutation.....but your legal advice is well taken this string should have a happy ending.....see youse in the funny papers....4

Old 07-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #25
ajandtc
did anyone pick this thing up...if not whats the highest bid

Old 12-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #26
hoopstar787
just wondering if u still have the snake

Old 03-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #27
Diaz
Hi i am a garter snake collecter, i really like that black & whaite piebald. can you give me a price including shipping? I live in New york in the bronx, my email is ajax9325@yahoo.com!

Old 03-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #28
Kagome100
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
If genuinely found wild, it's definitely illegal. It's illegal to collect, own, sell, or even possess all native herps in Georgia. >_> Awesome snake, but quite illegal. Hate to be the one to rain on the parade, because that is a gorgeous snake, but we can't even keep corns here.
your right, GA has some rules alright. I live in Ga and i hate it... I would LOVE to have corn snakes but can't... NOW if that garter was not found in the wild in GA you could sale it and own it. There are some garters out there you can find in pet shops here in GA yes there is, but you just said that one is from the wild so that is one type that is found here and can't be sold. Please fallow the GA laws, all some one has to do is call the wild life people and they can just look up your IP and find you. NO joke.... But still that is a very nice snake.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #29
Amountcastle
I am very interested in your snake. It is a beauty. let me know what offers you have received please. i am also wondering if you will trade? if so what are you wanting to trade? thanks so much.

Amber

Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #30
Zettealie
Beautiful

Is he gone? I am very interested if not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread