tokay geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-01-2002, 07:30 PM   #1
lepgex14
hey
i need some info on tokays
does any one have any

Old 08-01-2002, 07:55 PM   #2
LadyChaos
they're neat lookin, they're generally nasty tempered as a rule, and they eat just about anything insect-wise...my friend set 4 loose in her house to clean up a water roach and spider problem...they were thankful for the free meals and she now has somewhere around 10 or so a couple years later (laid eggs in her houseplant containers) Kinda cool to walk around in her house and see the occasional gecko.

for a beginner that likes to handle their reptiles, absolutely not...these guys bite HARD.

stick with getting your leos fat and sassy before moving on to other projects

Old 08-01-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
Odd Ball Exotics
You should NOT be getting any more animals of ANY kind until you take care of the ones you allready have!!!

Old 08-01-2002, 11:53 PM   #4
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Randy stop trying to aquire new animals and take care of the ones you have now.  Spend the money your wanting to get Tokays with and buy some books to read about proper reptile husbandry, reptile parasites, buy some real antimicrobal disinfectant,  anything but more animals right now.  By the way if your considering letting some Tokays go for pest control BAD IDEA!!!  You live in Florida my friend.  If a pair were to escape your house you could be introducing a serious invasive species to your area.  I know it doesnt mean much to you but you could severly alter the ecosystem with only 2 Tokays yep only 2.  I know a lot of people up north set tokays free but they have hard freezes there, WE DONT! so they can flourish well here unlike up north if they escape.  You need to be more responsible with these animals and DO MORE RESEARCH!  My door is always open to you Randy

Old 08-02-2002, 10:55 AM   #5
HerpVenue
YEAH KID...HER IS A LITTLE INFORMATION.

Before you get a freaking animal...you are supposed to know how to take care of it and know what kind of set up you need etc etc etc.

You do not post a wanted tokay gecko add the same day you try and get tokay gecko information.

Are you really that clue less?

you have tons of people here trying to help you out with the information you need.
but all you are showing is your STUPIDITY by trying to acquire more animals.

I was trying to geive you the benefit of the doubt because you say you are fourteen.
But I believe you are nowhere close to fourteen.

As a fourth grader I knew how to spell better than you.

So please get out of trying to buy and sell animals.
Get out of trying to release NON NATIBE species into the wild.

Do go back to school.  Take some summer classes.
Read some books on your leaopard geckos.

SH!T.  we are still trying to get your leopards back to health and you are already moving on to tokays.

I am through being nice to you kid.

Old 08-02-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
HerpVenue
YEAH KID...HERE IS A LITTLE INFORMATION.

Before you get a freaking animal...you are supposed to know how to take care of it and know what kind of set up you need etc etc etc.

You do not post a wanted tokay gecko add the same day you try and get tokay gecko information.

Are you really that clue less?

you have tons of people here trying to help you out with the information you need.
but all you are showing is your STUPIDITY by trying to acquire more animals.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because you say you are fourteen.
But I believe you are nowhere close to fourteen.

As a fourth grader I knew how to spell better than you.

So please get out of trying to buy and sell animals.
Get out of trying to release NON NATIVE species into the wild.

Do go back to school.  Take some summer classes.
Read some books on your leaopard geckos.

SH!T.  we are still trying to get your leopards back to health and you are already moving on to tokays.

I am through being nice to you kid.

Old 08-02-2002, 01:54 PM   #7
Boasnsuch
Richie.. be nice.. look he's trying to help the leos, he has a want ad posted for accessories & caging supplies for them..

Now, Randy please, if you can't even afford to provide the basic needs of your leopards then maybe you should seriously consider finding them new homes.  If you don't like that idea, maybe you could mow lawns or something for your neighbors to earn money to provide for your pets.  Your ability to have your pets flourish in captivity is one of the greatest rewards you can have.  Take the time to learn how to care for them properly; have the initiative to earn the money for what you want; learn responsibility now, and you will be that much better off in life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!