Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 207 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #2061
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
Does the fact that the prize we are talking about here is a living being, not change things a little? I agree that someone is better off fulfilling an agreement than let pride win out when dealing in inanimate objects. In my opinion if you are selling an animal you have extra responsibility to make sure that animal ends up in a good environment. I am not saying that you will always succeed, but one should certainly always strive for this. I guess that is why I am confused about why are upset about Ty trying to test Michelle. I know if I had seconds thoughts about selling someone an animal I would certainly try to apply some sort of test to gauge their worthyness. Now was this Ty's intention? Only he can say for sure.
If this were the case, which I am very doubtful but I am no mind reader so I will give the benefit of the doubt, then Ty had included a cash payout in the raffle terms. If he was at all concerned about the safety of the animal in Michelle's care (which again, I highly doubt) then why would he be trying to force her to take another breeder's Tegu over the money she was rightly owed (as per his own terms). Seems a simple solution to pay out the cash if the animal's welfare was his concern, rather than his own ego. It is a good point, however it's a point more against Ty than for.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #2062
MesoCorney
Sure it may have not been the most effective or relevant test, but you are judging him on the fact that he attempted to test her not the way he tested her. Therefore it is relevant and can not discount it. I am not saying that he went about it correctly, but I can understand his mind set. I am of the opinion he is good person that made mistakes, much like Michelle. This is in contrast to many who would rather say it is all on Ty and he is a terrible person.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #2063
yeloowtang
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloowtang View Post
because she dared ask that he respect his terms and give her the 3000$ in cash because he did not produce any albino blue tegus.
so TY tried to squirm his way out of that by wanting to buy and flip someone else's tegus. Her ability to care for it was not what he was doing.
sorry to Quote myself but this has been bugging me since the start, it might have been mentioned before, can't remember.

but if he was willing to buy someone else's with his own $$ and the winner did not want that and preferred he respect his terms, then he should have just sent her the $$$ that he was going to give that other breeder anyways.. (he could not get them in the end anyways) WHY would he not do this ?? unless his breeder was cheaper or they ended up being imports ?? how would she know the difference Ty said that himself at one point and she would have never known..
so really, who is the greedy one ??

Old 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #2064
MesoCorney
I agree he should have paid and be done with but again his pride got him.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #2065
markpulawski
Meso would not Michelle wanting to know lineage or background say something about her as a keeper and Ty not providing that could be considered a red flag at which point perhaps more due diligence is in order. Hiding the lineage of an animal to find out the character of the recipient is absolutely absurd.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #2066
yeloowtang
Quote:
Sure it may have not been the most effective or relevant test, but you are judging him on the fact that he attempted to test her not the way he tested her. Therefore it is relevant and can not discount it. I am not saying that he went about it correctly, but I can understand his mind set. I am of the opinion he is good person that made mistakes, much like Michelle. This is in contrast to many who would rather say it is all on Ty and he is a terrible person.
then please clearly state what you think her mistake was ?? other than not trusting him after he told her he could have switched them with another breeder and she would have never known, or rightfully telling him hat it seemed shady because he wanted to switch the terms after the winners are named.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #2067
Lucille
Quote:
I am of the opinion he is good person that made mistakes, much like Michelle.
If you are saying he made mistakes, how would you propose he fix those errors?

Old 06-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #2068
tim brophy
Life is too short, I believe both Michelle and Ty are decent people caught up in an emotional misunderstanding. Ty can be magnanimous and drop his lawsuit and give Michelle a tegu. Both parties agree to drop any future litigation against the other.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #2069
EdwardK
Quote:
Sure it may have not been the most effective or relevant test, but you are judging him on the fact that he attempted to test her not the way he tested her.
How do you equate his "tests" as a way to ensure she knew what she was doing in caring for the animal? Your attempting to set up a straw man argument as a way to justify the denial of the animal to the OP. The "tests" Ty used in now way supplied any indication of her ability to care for the animal.

Quote:
Therefore it is relevant and can not discount it. I am not saying that he went about it correctly, but I can understand his mind set. I am of the opinion he is good person that made mistakes, much like Michelle. This is in contrast to many who would rather say it is all on Ty and he is a terrible person.
You do realize that your continuing to attempt to excuse Ty and your diversion about it being a live animal has nothing to do with Ty not honoring the raffle terms or being a "good guy". Your argument in this case has no merit as at no time did any evidence of any conversation occur over the ability to care for the animal by the OP. Continue to toss up straw man arguments but don''t be surprised if they are shown to be flimsy excuses.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #2070
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
Life is too short, I believe both Michelle and Ty are decent people caught up in an emotional misunderstanding. Ty can be magnanimous and drop his lawsuit and give Michelle a tegu. Both parties agree to drop any future litigation against the other.
I think this idea has a lot of merit. Both parties would gain from such a solution.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu