Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 209 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:24 PM   #2081
tim brophy
Too many people here enjoy this drama so much they will never offer suggestions for resolution! Amazing. Whatever happens here, the only people who will be effected are Ty and Michelle. Not any body else. It will not have the slightest effect on your lives. Only Michelle and Ty. Offer resolution ideas, don't just rehash this tired old thread, detail by detail.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #2082
ElliotNess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAexotics View Post
Ed I understand what you are saying as I read that, but she is a resident of mass, even with the raffle being out of mass, regs still govern her in her state. Also, didn't not dismiss her case just ststing what I have found and how i interpreted the statute.
Again you should take a step back and post FACTS with your guesses.

Here is the FACT - easily found from http://www.mass.gov/ago/doing-busine...t-raffles.html

THE LAW ONLY APPLIES TO RAFFLES HELD IN MASS.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #2083
DavidBeard
I'm still waiting on the proof or even HINT of proof that Ty Park is a non-profit entity......this Corny Andrew guy just keeps sticking his foot in his mouth and isn't even trying to take it out before he speaks again.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:29 PM   #2084
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
Too many people here enjoy this drama so much they will never offer suggestions for resolution! Amazing. Whatever happens here, the only people who will be effected are Ty and Michelle. Not any body else. It will not have the slightest effect on your lives. Only Michelle and Ty. Offer resolution ideas, don't just rehash this tired old thread, detail by detail.
I have two suggestions for resolution. Ty gives her an albino blue produced by him, or coughs up the three grand he owes her. Problem solved.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #2085
thomas davis
Quote:
wow really? the resolution is for ty park to send her her prize per HIS terms!
its really just that simple it comes down to honoring ones word either send her her lizard or cash

Old 06-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #2086
DavidBeard
Quote:
Have YOU contributed anything other than complaints about others posting? lol....Seems a tad hypocritical/ironic. Don't want to read the thread? Simple solution.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:15 AM   #2087
RobertHume
I don't believe Ty Park is an evil/unethical tegu farmer cackling away on his Scrooge McDuck money out to screw the next charity raffle winner. He got annoyed by Michelle's attitude and I understand perfectly where he is coming from.

I believe Michelle deserved to get the tegu she technically won. I wish you the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if you lost either. You've stalked and gathered quite a bit of "information" from Ty's facebook in order to dampen his reputation. And now he's suing you for it. You may have the favor of some "people" (a rather charitable term by the way) who are constantly abusing the BOI for not what it was unintended, but rather as an emotional outlet for some blatant issues and toxicity in their lives (ie. DavidBeard), but this is America where a juridical system is in place so we'll have to let the court decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Have YOU contributed anything other than complaints about others posting? lol....Seems a tad hypocritical/ironic.
Hypocritical and ironic indeed. Try seeking some sunlight.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:50 AM   #2088
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Exactly. I do not think either party handled this situation correctly, Ty was the one who needed to perform, and Michelle disrespected him by calling him out, and she even got Ty to offer up a prize he wanted to keep, but left an option open for her to get nothing.

AllisonLeigh, how would you feel about someone who called you dishonest or shady?

Clipped out parts of this post to reply to these. I realize this wasn't aimed at me, but I want to address it since AllisonLeigh was actually agreeing with me.

Here is my perspective: I think Michelle's wording of things, throughout this thread, have been brusque, even tactless at times (no offense, Michelle) and I can absolutely see how it could rub someone wrong. Based on her communication with him, I can completely see why Ty would not want to do business with her and as a businessman, that is 100% his right.

HOWEVER...

And this is where my perspective changes.

When you go out and make a public spectacle like his raffle, you are obligated to be better than those with whom you are working. You are obligated to set the example.

There is a phrase in customer service, "The customer is always right." And the truth is, no, they're not, but when you're dealing with the customer, you should always treat them as if they are. That may mean as soon as you hang up the phone with them, you call them every kind of name you can think of, but you have to have the decorum to smile and play nice while dealing with them. That professionalism goes a long way.

It seems as though, because this was a raffle, Ty didn't see fit to treat Michelle with that kind of professionalism. I completely get where he'd be insulted, I would be in his position, but she did win fair and square, and the faster, more painless solution would be to give her one of the two prizes and then block her and have her out of his hair. I don't think anyone blames Ty for disliking Michelle, he has every right to do so. The problem is that you can't let a knee jerk bad emotional reaction destroy your professionalism.

To answer the question you posed to AllisonLeigh: In Ty's shoes, I would've sent her the money, not the lizard, because he had her PayPal address from the IRCF. I would've said "I don't wish to deal with you any longer, you are becoming confrontational and this is unprofessional for both of us. Here is the money from the prize agreement, please do not enter any more raffles of mine in the future," and then I would've blocked her upon confirmed receipt.

Probably not what she WANTED, since she's made it clear she wanted the tegu, but at least then she got something, no one could accuse me of being dishonest, and I wouldn't have to deal with her at all. Instant end of transaction that doesn't paint me as the difficult party.

Just my opinion (: I know it differs from yours, but I hope you can understand some of where I'm coming from here!

Again: Sorry Michelle - I'm not trying to attack your character here, you seem like a nice woman, it's just that I can completely see his side on that front because of how you worded things, intentional or not. Two sides to every story.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:49 AM   #2089
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
As you seem to believe that he did promise lineage, could you point me to where it shows he does in this thread? This is a long thread and I am perfectly willing to admit that I could have missed something, but I would like to make my own conclusions about it. The text that says if I don't produce any is a little ambiguous to me as getting them from a friend could be considered producing them. Producing does not necessarily mean birthing from his own stock.
So you wouldn't be angry if you bought an animal from me that I had told you I produced but in actuality I purchased from another breeder? If someone sold me an animal they claimed to have produced only to find out later on they purchased it from some unknown breeder I would be livid. IMO saying you produced an animal that you purchased from someone else is 1000% a lie. I'm pretty positive if someone did that to you you'd be right here on the BOI posting about how your were lied to. So what makes it ok for ty parks to do that to someone else?

Old 06-09-2017, 05:59 AM   #2090
juliasara
Plus when you go out and buy something you don't tell people I just produced this, most people would say I acquired this, or purchased this. I've never in my life heard someone use the word produce when referring to something they purchased. Corney, you can attempt to twist ty's words to benefit him but next time you might want to look up the definition of the words before.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu