Inquiry Joshua Buchwald - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #21
Garret
I say give the kid a chance until he proves otherwise. I actually like seeing a young kid working hard to earn some bucks instead of sitting around all day watching the MTV, taking the pot and playing Xbox. I'm sticking my neck out Josh, don't disappoint me.

Garret Hebenstreit

Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #22
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
I say give the kid a chance until he proves otherwise. I actually like seeing a young kid working hard to earn some bucks instead of sitting around all day watching the MTV, taking the pot and playing Xbox. I'm sticking my neck out Josh, don't disappoint me.

Garret Hebenstreit
I agree. I worked all through high school, and it helped develop a good work ethic. But it's strange that NWE is having someone else (a minor) sell their animals for them. The problem is that IF something were to go wrong, since you are dealing with a minor there is no legal recourse.

I'm not saying that anything shady is going on. I just think it's strange.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
hhmoore
A 15yr old making statements like
Quote:
that could be that i bred her at a much smaller weight, im not lookin to lie on her and i have nothing to hide. i have hundreds of breeders and i breed them based on there overall size, length and if they are solid, i dont really remember weights. im just giving an estimate
sure makes me wonder. Now that it has been established that he works for Jon, it makes a little more sense...but there's still his age, the backpedaling about the weight, the (perceived) misrepresentation of whose snakes he is selling, etc.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #24
Royal Morphz
I just find it hard to believe that Jon is having a young minor sell animals of his when he has always done this himself. I think that Jon is one hell of a guy and I am not alone in the fact that he has spent long periods talking to me without me even making a purchase with him so I drag his name through the mud, but if he is allowing Josh to sell NWE animals under his own name then that is his business.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #25
JHB Reptiles
im sorry, but 15... im almost 17 guys, why is it so hard for everybody to believe that i have the snakes i have, and breed what i breed. see thats the point, thats the reason so many young people cant get into this hobby early. you guys just stop them... well not me, this is what i do, this is what i want to do and this is what i love to do. Haven't all of you guys been doing this since you were my age or younger and have always wanted to hatch out babies and sell them and have a nice income here and there and enjoy working with snakes and all reptiles in general, well thats what i have been doing. I wont let anybody cut me down from doing what i love. you will all see. just wait for garret to respond to the snake i have sent him, im sure he will love it and im sure he will love the way the animal is packed safely and well thought out, how the animal eats... the overall health of the animal and so on.. but like i said, i will continue to sell snakes and breed snakes and do what i love to do and theres nothing that a bunch of words on a forumn can do to stop me, best of luck to all. im sighnin off here guys. and David i am really sorry for using your photo, i have removed the add all together. all i can ask from you is a simple "apology accepted" and if i dont get it oh well, its all cool man, i understand, but please understand that i didnt know it was your photo until i used it and you told me. as for Tim, i have spoken to him, we worked everything out and thats that.
Thanks
- Josh

Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #26
David Reid
I would not buy from you Josh, because like someone pointed out, you are not legally responsible for anything you do, your parents are.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #27
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeboy12 View Post
im sorry, but 15... im almost 17 guys
Well, YOU said you were only 15 in the thread you posted about Nick N, and that was only 7 months ago. (FWIW, according to the DOB you posted when you registered, you were only 14 at the time)

Old 06-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #28
Shadera
I don't think it's because folks don't like kids. You whippersnappers forget so fast that we actually used to be kids ourselves a billion years ago.

I think the issue many of us have is the legality of doing business with a minor. If the deal goes south, you can't be held responsible. And with the kind of morphs you're dealing with, that's an awful lot of money for anything to be questionable.

I won't make much comment on Jon as this isn't the place, but his give a darn has been slipping lately - I'm still waiting months later for snakes to be shipped to me that were promised last year.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #29
David Bellis
I'm not trying to stop you from doing anything. If this is the first time you're being made aware that using other people's photos for your ads is a bad idea consider it lesson learned I guess. Photos are the property of the person that took them and using them without permission is generally frowned upon. Apology accepted, as I said in my PM I wish you would have just asked.

You still have given no response as to your claim of a 1500g female laying nine eggs. Nor have you answered about the link showing what appears to be the same animal that you just got back from someone else saying she showed up at 897 grams. If you've got nothing to hide why pull the ad? I've said it in both my previous posts, there are many things that don't add up. A straightforward answer to those questions would have been the end of the thread. You chose to ignore those questions and write a long post about yourself.

As I said before I'm not trying to attack anyone, I just thought things didn't sound right and wanted to know why.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #30
Get Sum
Thumbs up My two cents

I personally know Josh and Jon, we all live in the same town. Yes, I admit Josh is a hard worker and takes good care of his and Jon's animals. I do believe that most of the snakes Josh is selling both on Fauna and Kingsnake are Jon's from next world, All of the Calicos are Jon's and should have been advertised that way to eliminate confusion. Now Josh, you told me the other day that you were 15 and didn't have your licence? You also promised my good friend Clark that drove down from Alabama (to visit me with his family) that you had his deposit in cash for the snakes you had purchased from him. I'm not gonna share the details of the fiasco that went on about that. But, It made me look like an ass for referring you to him. Josh, don't get me wrong, I think your a great kid and a hard worker that truly enjoys what you do. I think the question of the matter is that you are a minor, your statements have been questionable at times, but most importantly: You are selling high end animals that don't belong to you. (If there ever was a problem with a transaction, buyers or sellers could not take action against you, they would have to get your parents involved. Josh, I like you and I want to see you in this business for the long-haul. My advice would be for you to be more informative up-front with all the details. That way people on the BOI will not have any reason to come back and question you.

-Jay

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!