bfg / Pangaea /or repashy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
chris l
bfg / Pangaea /or repashy

What diets are you using. please list pros and cons.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
MedicRoby
My geckos haven't been too fond of the 3.0 Repashy so I tried Pangea Complete and my grown Cresties have eaten the whole bowl in a matter of hours when fed at ~9pm. I am fond of it and think we can expect even better complete CGD from Pangea.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Magic
I've used Repashy, Clark's, BFG, and Pangea.

Repashy went to 3.0 and I experienced quite a number of geckos refusing food. If they did eat it, it was only enough to stave off starvation. I had breeding pairs whose production went from fabulous to crap. I had to "supplement" that complete food with Pangea fruit mix (not to be confused with Pangea complete) and bugs to keep weight on everybody. I even tried Repashy's day gecko fig/cherry flavored diet, which was better received but still not a favorite. The one pro of Repashy is that is carried almost everywhere.

Next, I tried BFG. I got more "what the heck??? is that in my dish??" looks from my breeders than ever!! Made for some cute pics. BFG smoothie is very herbal and green. Not at all like fruit mush. It was more expensive for me than Repashy. No clean bowls, and in my collection, I noticed the babies ate it better than the adults, but after two whole weeks if the stuff- no clean bowls and no significant weight gains.

Clark's. I tried Clark's fig and it was very well received! I had clean bowls and lots of smeared on food everywhere. Which for my breeders means there was a food orgy going on after lights out. Clark's was the most expensive food for me. It also seemed to attract a lot of fruit flies. I never got to see if it dried out over night or got moldy, because there was never enough left. When I purchased a second bag, I got banana. Which didn't go over nearly as well as the fig, but better consumed than the Repashy.

I've always been a fan of Pangea's fruit mix. It was useful in trying to get my breeders to suck down the Repashy and the babies always got it once a week and loved it. I was on cloud nine to see that Matt was attempting a complete diet, especially one that wasn't a pea protein based one like Repashy. (Our family had to do a gluten free diet for about a year, even I think pea flour is disgusting. Try it. I can only think that's the main reason why Repashy is hard to choke down) So I got it to try. So far, all my geckos are really liking the Pangea Complete. It's got a very fruit (I thinks it's watermelon and something else) smell and is pink goo. Not tan gritty like Repashy, but like fruit slime. He may also put crack in there, because I have bowls that are so clean they're flipped out of their holders onto the floor of the cage. I find them in the morning 99.8% clean and out of the ledges. I haven't had to use the Pangea Fruit Mix at all with the Pangea Complete. I am anxious to see how my breeder females eggs turn out with this food and all my babies weight gains. I think as of right now, the Pangea complete is still on sale online. I think I've looked at the normal price for it and it's more expensive than the Repashy but less than BFG smoothie.

I am recommending the Pangea Complete to the purchasers of my babies, just because it is so readily consumed.

So, here's my best to worse list.

1.) Pangea Complete. Otherwise known as pink goo gecko crack. They eat it all, and even try for the dish. Super fast shipping when obtained direct.

2.) Clark's. The fig is #1. Pricier than the Pangea Complete, but empty dishes, and food orgies when the inmates come out at night.

3.) Repashy. Even with trying the peach and mango, the gritty tan stuff just isn't that well liked. You can get it everywhere, but what's the point if they don't eat it?

4.) Big Fat Gecko Smoothie. No one apparently surveyed my group about eating bright green, smells like my best friend's (who is Wiccan)herb room, smoothie. The babies tried it but the adults? Not so much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!