Should I be worried? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
scratchypen
Should I be worried?

My Pastel X Axanthic clutch is on their 57th day and still have not dented in at all. They look and feel as full as they did the day they were laid. I have the temp set to 90 on the bator and according to the digital display on the front it has been kept between 87-90 degrees. The thermometer which i have in the bator also confirms this. This a different incubator then I usually use and I have the eggs in a much smaller container then usual as the bator does not have much room, so, wondering if they dont dent in if its because the humidity is kept higher? Should I be worried? All of my other clutches I have incubated have dented considerably and everything I have read says they should dent close to hatching.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Matt2979
IF you're absolutey sure that the dates are correct, I would probably cut them to ease your mind. I was actually JUST looking in on some of my eggs that are due to hatch next week. The 3rd clutch (which only has 1 remaining egg, of 2 good ones) looks full and plump, while the clutch that's due to hatch 2 days later is all dented in and looking more like they're about to hatch. My "guess" (based on my experience, but without seeing your eggs) is that you'll be just fine.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
KY Reptiles
I'd cut em if you're positive about the dates.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
dustinNMpythons
Ya you could cut them but I would candle them first to see if you can see baby snakes inside and see patterns if you can then go ahead and cut them and if you don't well thats a choice you'll have to make but I'd say still cut them. I say they are fine because I had one clutch that didn't dent at all this year.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
scratchypen
I was off by one day on the date, its actually been 58 days. Lol. May 31st was their lay date. I candled them earlier and saw vessels but I think I will candle again with taking them out of the substrate to see if I can see baby snakeys.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
bradleymoore
i had a clutch that i cut last week, on day 52 that was like that. 4 out of 6 eggs were completely full with no denting at all.... i cut them and they were all perfectly fine. i wouldn't worry about it much as long as you know exactly what day you're at.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
scratchypen
Im gonna upload some pics in just a minute, have to get them up to imageshack first

Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
scratchypen

The snakes were moving when I candled them. So..if I only have mustache scissors for cutting (works fine usually) how exactly would I start a cut? Would I have to use a razor blade instead you think?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchypen View Post
The snakes were moving when I candled them. So..if I only have mustache scissors for cutting (works fine usually) how exactly would I start a cut? Would I have to use a razor blade instead you think?
Just insert the tip of the scissors, and try to keep them angled upwards--pointing away from the animal--as you cut a small window.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Heart and Soul Reptiles
You should still be able to pinch them a little bit. Just pinch them between your fingers and make a snip where your pinching. Once the whole is big enough to slide one side of the sizzors into it, slide it along the top and snip slowely as you go. I have yet to cut a baby!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!