www.reptilesncritters.com/ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
split29
www.reptilesncritters.com/

sorry for all the posts any one know any thing about these guys 2

Old 07-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
split29
bump//////

Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
split29
bump//////

Old 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Junkyard
Do you have a name for these two? The address is New York, but they ship out of Texas, seems like a long distance business partnership. That would cause a red flag for me. I like things simple.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
otlauram
reptilesncritters info

Hi,
I have dealt with them before. As far as a company goes for buying they're okay. I ordered a rubber boa and a trio of newts from them a few months ago. I was told my order would be shipped out the following tuesday, and I had paid with my CC online. Wednesday came, and I got an email that they had not shipped my order because they did not have any rubber boas in stock and wanted to know what snake I wanted instead. I had no interest in any other snake and only ordered the newts as well to save on shipping for the bulk order. I cancelled the order and told the owner that I wanted a full refund, and that it was not my fault that they listed an animal for sale that they no longer had in stock. They agreed I deserved a full refund with no complaint, and credited my cc immediately. 3 days later a trio of newts appeared on my doorstep. I emailed them again and asked them if this was a mistake or a goodfaith gesture. I was told by the owner that it was a mistake by his shipping department that I was to benefit from, as he did not think it appropriate to have me ship the animals back and risk their health in transit (very nice that he thought of the animals).
So overall that experience did make me weary of our transactions in the future, but the newts were in perfect health and were packaged fine, eventhough I shouldn't have gotten them. It is however an indication of their organization as a company. It's not good when your right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
I kept an eye open for when they would have rubber boas in stock again as I was told by the owner after that incident that they randomly get them in and to keep an eye out. A few weeks later I saw solomon Islands prehensile tailed skinks for sale on their website for 50 bucks! I knew this had to be wrong, otherwise I had to buy their entire stock! haha (they go for 500 each). Upon contacting the owner again and verifying the photo of the animal and the name of the animal to be correct, I was told he wasn't sure what they were and would have to contact the person he bought them from. Which seemed very odd to me, but I don't know if there is a seperate office that does the purchasing from where the animals are actually kept and shipped. I got a response later that they were in fact soloman island ground skinks, a completely different species, and totally wrong image posted. I'm glad I hadn't purchased that animal, but this again is a good example of odd things that seem to occur at that company.
I hope this helped you form a decision on your purchase. If you do decide to work with them I definately suggest talking to them and making sure they have exactly what you want before paying!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
rjarosek
Buyer Beware

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=248552

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!