Can people under 18 buy things from e-bay? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
Shinjite
Question Can people under 18 buy things from e-bay?

As the title says...can people under 18 buy things from e-bay? I want to buy something, but I don't know if I can without someone over 18 buying it under their own e-bay account. Please let me know! ^_^
P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...I just put it under the first one in the general intrest forums.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
Lucille
Krysta,
Here, from the Ebay website rules page:

You need to be at least 18 years old because eBay is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you are under the age of 18, you can use eBay only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
Shinjite
Ok thank you! I'll have to ask my dad then. (He should say it's ok, because it's my money I'm using. LOL)

Old 12-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
old guy
Ditto

the law says " binding contracts " agianst minors.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
Shinjite
Lucille, I just asked my dad if I could buy a couple of things on e-bay and he said it was ok. Do I need to have him look at what I'm doing though? I don't quite like it when people look over my shoulder at what I'm doing...but if I absolutely have to, then ok. Please let me know! ^_^

Old 12-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #6
Lucille
In order to purchase, the account holder has to be over 18 which means you have to use his account.

My sons when they were younger than 18 did not have the password to my account and I did not let them make a final bid. They could look all they wanted on the Ebay website, then they would come to me and ask me to put in a bid for x amount of dollars on a chosen auction which I would do.

So I guess each family does what it is comfortable doing, but because a bid in an adult's name is a legally binding contract, your Dad might ask that you shop and decide by yourself and then let him put your bid in for you.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:24 PM   #7
Shinjite
Oh ok. Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!