Bad Guy DTS Herps-buyer beware!!! - Page 54 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #531
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Jeff, I would like to add my own perspective if you don't mind.
I think you are exactly right, he hasn't changed.

But I disagree that he is being handled in an effective manner.
I think he deliberately starts with his insults and everyone dances to his tune and plays right into his plans.
I believe that what he wants are long drawn out insult fests that allow everyone to say what is on their mind, but keeps the issues about him confined to boards where many of his customers may not go.

Were I to recommend a different way to handle the situation, it would be to send links of his misdeeds to a wider pool of people.

Maybe to KS for starters, where Scolaro sells. JeffB has his own way of running his board there and he has every right to do so, but a thousand people forwarding links of Dan Scolaro's bad transactions with perhaps a brief and COURTEOUS note attached may get him to just look at the situation and that's a start.

Another idea is to post on every reptile board one is a member of with a list of links of Scolaro's Bad Guy threads here and elsewhere.
The key to effective control of Dan Scolaro in my opinion is publicity, and having as many people as possible look at the Bad Guy links.

And of course a good idea would be continue to clue people in to the importance of the BOI, so a wider pool of potential customers gets to see how others have been treated by Scolaro BEFORE they decide to make a purchase.

But Dan is good at intentionally keeping adverse publicity to a minimum by keeping people confined in one thread, insulting various members, and they almost can't help themselves by responding back to him, which will never be effective.
The thing is, the best way to reveal Dan's nature is to bait HIM and let him show his insanity. Yes after a while, like his 23 Bad guy threads here, it get redundant. The whole incident on BPNet, though, was done on purpose (on my part anyway). Now people on that board who my not hve known about Dan, do now.

As for Kingsnake, they have rules against posting links to other boards. It was put in place long ago when people started linking the BOI in threads there. See Dan and many other scum pay for banners and other advertising there and money is king over there. That's why Dan does all his advertising there.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #532
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
The thing is, the best way to reveal Dan's nature is to bait HIM and let him show his insanity. Yes after a while, like his 23 Bad guy threads here, it get redundant. The whole incident on BPNet, though, was done on purpose (on my part anyway). Now people on that board who my not hve known about Dan, do now.

As for Kingsnake, they have rules against posting links to other boards. It was put in place long ago when people started linking the BOI in threads there. See Dan and many other scum pay for banners and other advertising there and money is king over there. That's why Dan does all his advertising there.
No, there are no rules against sending JeffB a private note on KS with a list of links and a courteous note.
Scolaro used a lot of people for his own entertainment and got them dancing to his fiddle on the incident you are referring to. But you are correct, many people who did not know of him before know of him now, and the list of links was especially helpful.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #533
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
No, there are no rules against sending JeffB a private note on KS with a list of links and a courteous note.
It's been done over and over. And many who have come come here have, also, used the formal complaint system over and over about Dan and other notorious bad dealers and breeders and nothing ever happens. As long as they keep paying they'll stay. The only way that will ever change is if someone threatens to sue Jeff for harboring these guys. He is very wary of lawsuits.

PS JeffB has the same disdain for the BOI Dan does. He's voiced it over and over in private messages and email.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #534
Lucille
I've sent a note and a link, it will be interesting to see if and how he responds.
Back to Dan: the more people who can read about him the better, so they can make choices based on reading about actual transactions others have had rather than listen to his own PR about himself.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #535
Lucille
I have received a reply back, the note did not reach Jeff (because I did not have his direct email handy and sent it to KS) but I am satisfied with the answer and positive suggestion given.

I do think that if anyone who has been wronged by Dan pursuant to responding to an ad of his placed on KS sends a note to the email address below, it is worth mentioning that some of those who have not had satisfactory results interacting with KS have later been shown to be demanding or discourteous. I think your courteous claim and their TOS should hopefully give results.

Here is the email response I received:
"
Lucille, it sounds as if this is something Jeff would just forward to the abuse department to handle.

If someone has violated out site's Terms of Service, all we need is an abuse report via this link and we'll act on it:

http://market.kingsnake.com/complaint.php

Note: it appears the link on that page that goes to the actual abuse report form is broken. You can simply email the report to communityreview@pethobbyist.com for now, and we'll make sure it gets properly handled.

Thanks!

kingsnake.com
"

Old 09-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #536
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
And many who have come come here have, also, used the formal complaint system over and over about Dan and other notorious bad dealers and breeders and nothing ever happens. As long as they keep paying they'll stay. The only way that will ever change is if someone threatens to sue Jeff for harboring these guys. He is very wary of lawsuits.

PS JeffB has the same disdain for the BOI Dan does. He's voiced it over and over in private messages and email.
I highly doubt all who have complained have been discourteous. The abuse reporting is fairly straightforward. I've been on KS since the beginning, believe me I know from experience. You will probably not hear from JeffB personally. Not saying don't do it. I'm saying you are being a little naive if you think no one else has done exactly what you suggested these last 8 years since Dan has surfaced and gotten zero results.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #537
treeboa
Also, Kingsnake seems to have the opposite view of this site. This site seems to be more concerned about ethics (ie screwing someone over) and leaving legalities to the users. Kingsnake seems to care less if people are screwed over as long as no laws are broken were they can be held liable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!