parisjarred - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-28-2003, 02:53 AM   #1
parisjarred
Wink parisjarred

Hello All:

What can I say about us. My otherhalf and I comprise parisjarred (that is our screenname here). We live in a rural part of Southwest Washington state. After school lets out this year we are going to be relocating to a lovely town in northwestern Florida (I can't wait, it will be an adventure) I am originally from California (no booing, I haven't lived there in years), however I have lived in almost every state that there is, not because of a family member in being in the military, but because we moved ALOT (every two years until I was 15, I am now 28). My other half has lived in washington state in the same house until we met 13 years ago. We are not married, but that is okay with us, we have three children Amanda 9, Jarred Jr 7 (on 5/30-this friday), and Isaiah Kane 3.

Jarred Sr has been dealing with reptiles/herps since he was 5 years old -started out with turtles and moved onto snakes. I have only recently gotten interested (I was afraid of snakes before now, but I am overcoming my fear with the help of our baby ball python). We have several animals, besides our reptiles, three dogs (and 9 puppies that were born three weeks ago, now what I am going to do with 9 PUPPIES?), three cats, eight rabbits ( I breed several different types, dutch, lop, and angora mostly), two shetland ponies, one llama, several chickens and ducks. And inside we have five jackson chameleons, one ball python, two bearded dragons (soon to be three-we are adding a gravid german giant to the mix tomorrow), five leopard geckos (three are gravid and have another one on the way who is also gravid), several turtles (aquatic and land) and Tropical fish. Boy now that I read what I have it sure seems like alot, but we love them all. I don't have a pictures of us to post right now, but I will add one soon. Thanks for reading my rather long introduction..

Sincerely,

Old 06-21-2003, 02:11 AM   #2
Phil
Talking Too weird

Paris,
I kept laughing (and shaking my head) as I was reading your post. Just way, way too many similarities. Check it out:

"We live in a rural part of Southwest Washington state. After school lets out this year we are going to be relocating to a lovely town in northwestern Florida"

We live in a lovely town in NW Florida and also moved to Florida from the Pacific NW (Vancouver Island).

"I am originally from California"

Me too.

"however I have lived in almost every state that there is, not because of a family member in being in the military, but because we moved ALOT"

I've only lived in four different states, but have definetely moved alot, living in 19 different towns, and like you not because of military duty-just moved alot.

"My other half....we met 13 years ago"

My wife and I met 14 years ago.

"we have three children Amanda 9, Jarred Jr 7 (on 5/30-this friday), and Isaiah Kane 3"

My wife and I also have two boys and a girl and the boys are about the same ages as yours (Zac will be 6 this fall and Nate is 3).

"Jarred Sr has been dealing with reptiles/herps since he was 5 years old -started out with turtles and moved onto snakes. I have only recently gotten interested (I was afraid of snakes before now, but I am overcoming my fear with the help of our baby ball python)"

I also started catching/keeping reptiles at an early age and at first my wife wasn't crazy about reptiles, but a pair of ball pythons changed that.

"three dogs (and 9 puppies that were born three weeks ago"

We have four dogs and breed labs.

"eight rabbits ( I breed several different types, dutch, lop, and angora mostly)"

My next project is to start breeding rabbits.

Awful lot of similarities there; don't ya think? What town in NW Florida do you live in/are moving too? Drop me an e-mail:
znjexotics@hotmail.com

If you guys are close you can come on over for a BBQ and check out our zoo.

Best wishes,
Phil Frost
ZNJ Exotics

Old 06-23-2003, 05:27 PM   #3
parisjarred
Talking Hello Phil

I think that is alot of similarities (sp?) also, how wierd. Well we just might have to take you up on your offer. We are narrowing down houses (of course we need an extra outbuilding or two for all of the animals--well the reptiles anyway)

We found one in the town of Fountain that looks promising...maybe.

I have to say that I am glad we started visiting this site, before this we were having problems with some of our animals and everyone has been very helpful and extremely nice...But I think you (phil and terri) have been the nicest, hope to see you when we get to Florida...

Bye for now....

Old 06-24-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
Phil
Talking Good luck with the move

I like Fountain. It is DEFINETELY in the country if that's what you're looking for, but not too far from Panama City and civilization. Obviously, you can get alot more for your money there then going closer to the beach, so you should have plenty of room for all your critters. As far as outbuildings there is literally a ton of portable building dealers in this part of the state. I recently purchased a 12' X 24' for a little extra storage around here so I've done some shopping. Good luck and keep in touch.

God bless,
Phil & Terri Frost
Zachary
Nathan
Jordyn
EXOTICS

Old 06-25-2003, 03:43 AM   #5
parisjarred
Hello Phil Terri and ZNJ (the kids)

We are looking at the 'country' parts of the area, just because we have lived on 5 acres here in washington and don't think I could live in 'town' again. Neighbors are just wayyyy to close....

That is a nice sized building, is it for your reptiles? Aren't I nosy?

Can you tell it is late here....I am up doing laundry, yuck. What fun is that....NOT.

Well talk with you soon....Should be moving by mid-july.....yea!!!

Old 06-25-2003, 07:24 PM   #6
Phil
Gotta be da COUNTRY!!!

Paris,
I'm the same way. After living in the country for the last 3 + years I could NEVER move back to the city again. We live in a little country town of 500 people. We have 3 acres and woods on both sides of us. If you like the country here is the best country towns within an hour of PC (IMHO):
In no particular order-
Chipley
Bonifay
Vernon
Bruce
Ponce de Leon
Red Bay
Fountain
Youngstown
Cottondale
Caryville
Westville
*Some of these towns are TEENY TINY, Chipley is the biggest with probably 5,000-7,000? They are all COUNTRY.

As far as the building, yes it's pretty big. All wired up with 8 outlets for my snakes, lights, air conditioning, etc. And yes I bought it for my reptiles and my motorcycle (prize possession). The buildings right out my backdoor, but I've still got a couple of watch dogs out there to bite anyone who gets nosy. That's another good thing about living in the country, don't have to keep my dogs fenced!

Take care & God bless,
Phil Frost

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!